Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

ugh great, I've run into the "Inventory Full" bug while claiming the reward for Phase 2. Had to back out of the ship reward because I didn't want to swap out my gold vector and now I can't claim anything else.

I think that bug resolves itself if you leave the system or warp around. I had it but it cleared itself somehow. For fixing a crashed ship goal, if you just swap to the unfixed ship on your freighter and just portal to the in system station, it gives credit. Discovered this by accident when I was going to melt some cheap ships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

fast cars loose anus posted:

I guess the answer is "nowhere" since my 120 hour save now crashes every time I get out of my ship, so good bye to No Man's Sky as I'm not doing all that poo poo again.

I had a problem like this in first expedition. I think my solution was warping to another system and using a manual save beacon. It would then almost freeze like it would crash but I guess it overwrote whatever bug was there.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Coolness Averted posted:

Yeah my advice for a friend just starting was to play a half hour or so of regular to get the basic crafting and getting your ship in the air tutorial, then swap to expedition mode.
Season 1, you could even skip that regular save step, but I feel the planet without oxygen where they expect you to figure out to use an exocraft is a bit much, or freighter warping is a bit much.

The irony here for me is I never played enough nms to use exocraft. When I first played beachhead, I used melee sprint jump trick to get to the ship. Low grav helped a lot.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope
Slick looking silver fighter off twitch drops, get it before you can't anymore.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Got everything but the Rocketman milestone now. I've tried jumping off the highest mountain I can find (with all the jetpack upgrades including the "recharge while falling" one) which didn't work. Next I think I'll try just boosting as high as possible from the same peak and hope for enough fall/recharge time

This can be cheesed with building two high wall and roof in your base and abusing the jetpack against the wall. In a previous expedition it was cheesed by also sitting in a chair for 30 seconds.

Libluini posted:

My current troubles are this one and the one demanding flight acrobatics with your ship near the ground. But both counters remain at zero regardless of what I'm doing, I think those missions may be bugged.

flight acrobactics is basically just afterburning with left poo poo while hugging the surface of the planet.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Toast King posted:

Another interesting change to technology slots in the latest experimental update.

I watched some streamer talk about how pre 4.0 his ship dps with infraknives was like 79K but now it's 99K when using the supercharge slots. I think 2 or 3 of the slots were close enough to stack bonuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Stare-Out posted:

Finished both the expeditions I had running, got over 12k quicksilver out of doing it twice. Bought two of the Anomaly NPC masks with my non-main save connected expedition cos why not!

Kinda wild how much stuff you can bring back to your main save too, plus all the things that give you units and nanites, 16 million units and especially like 14k nanites is nothing to sneeze at. Aside from the community stuff it was a decent enough expedition.

These are last 48 hours of the expedition 12 and I followed some vid guide that said use a creative as a save. I kind of wished now I used my main save to get the 10K quicksilver/ and 17K in nanites back. Well, now I know. Bringing back expansion/upgrade modules was nice but it is all on my creative save. Also it took me longer than it should at like 5-6 hours.