Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Cavauro posted:

the bengals are worse than the Ravens and Browns, but will win the division.

This feels right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Eh, September Ravens/Steelers usually suck. Last year's was a borefest with low scoring that still never really felt close. The blowout games from 2011 and 2014 were in September too. These games need the high stakes of late season competition to really gin up the blood. The past two year's December games were both amazing. The Tomlin trip was Thanksgiving, the Broken nose/Polamalu strip sack game was in December, etc. Hell, even Ryan Mallet taking a poo poo on Pittsburgh was late season.

Actually I'm pretty bummed our 2nd game is so early this year. Schedule makers failed us.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Eifert Posting posted:

Let's go the loving Ravens tonight.

Aw. You sweet.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

god I'd love to beat the Saints in that

Interesting hook but how are you going to flesh out a full article with this?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Your brain is a treasure.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
You're username just reminded me of something. Is Tyler Eifert dead?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

NSFW that please.

Browns defense is really good and Baker Mayfield looks like an NFL QB. It would be really cool if our supposed #1 WR would catch footballs that hit him in the hands but the WR corp is so far above the usual thrice dead poo poo that I'm not even bothered.

Joe Flacco is still my hero. Steelers are the only winless team in the division.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Hahaha you win like 10 games per season every other year with the QB who is the measuring stick for league average

League average is a god send compared to being a team in perpetual search of "The Guy". I remember the Ravens before Flacco. Super Bowl or no it sucked having a rotating cast of bad and worse at QB.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
But we also only have one stupid let down game every 4 games. Losing to the lovely Titans and lovely Browns back to back would be a break with tradition.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Whatever gets you through your day friend.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'd say the Bungles are back but did they ever really leave.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That was like, a lot of sacks. Too many if I'm being honest. Mariota couldn't get rid of the football to literally save his life.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I assume he did but his nerves are so busted he can't feel the pain.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Isn't Bosa hurt? Isn't pass rusher one of Cleveland's strengths?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I have no idea what's up with the Ravens this year or in the future. It's kind of exciting.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The two problems I see with the Ravens is that philosophically, they're still drafting for pre-2010 defenses as their top priority. The entire league is about offense 1st, pray you've invested enough in defense, where the Ravens are still the reverse

That's exactly right. They've taken the last minute offensive drives against them that have ruined seasons as a reason to over invest in defense instead of investing in an offense that can pull off those exact drives. At least the philosophy seemed to be reversed this past off-season so it's unlikely that Lamar Jackson will be burdened with as much dog poo poo talent as Flacco was.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Yeah. I'd be interesting to see who Biscotti would target since he did a good job in digging up Harbaugh and made his money as a personnel guy.

My first impulse would be whoever the Rams offensive coordinator is but that's probably a dumb idea since Sean McVay is the one running that offense.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm increasingly convinced that the Ravens will luck into a win and in situation for week 17 only to eat poo poo at home against the Browns.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Flacco is a no go. Lamar Jackson is my new best friend.

Get well soon Joe :cry:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Borsche69 posted:

That game was some boring crap what the hell.

The most exciting moment was a broken up pass on 4th down. Pretty boring game. Lamar has leashed, caged, and probably neutered the dragon.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Bigass Moth posted:

Joe Flacco is going to win the Super Bowl with the Jaguars next year.

I believe this with every fiber of my being.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
He'd be right in that they're winning now to prove to the world that Hue Jackson was the cause of all their abject failure.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Metapod posted:

Baker loving rules
Lamar loving rules
Lmao the Steelers have Mason
Lmfao the Bengals have andey

Lamar may soon rule but at the moment he's pretty meh. Slow going through progressions, bad ball placement, too often looking to run when the pass is there, hesitant in his decision making, and far too inaccurate when throwing on the run. I'm really excited about who Jackson will be with a full off season under his belt but right now I'd definitely start Flacco for the rest of the season if healthy.

Besides, Joe... that's my quarterback :qq:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
X-posting

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1067136033484144641

Really not trying to jump on the Browns bandwagon but...

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That's a lot of words that don't amount to an answer to the greatest debate of our time. If Flacco's healthy for this week's game, who's the starter?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
You is sorry with this garbage rear end opinion. Joe Flacco cannot fail. He can only be failed. You all see when he drags the Jags/Giants/Bucs to the promised land next year.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
So start Joe. That way if we don't make the playoffs you can trade/cut Flacco and go get a new quality coach with the bait of Jackson's potential. The worst case scenario in starting Flacco is losing out with a fresh start next year. The worst case with Jackson is an injury that holds back his development and makes him a less attractive prospect to reel in coaching talent with. Plus, if it's bad enough you might have to stick with Flacco next year and we do this whole thing over again.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

If we don't make the playoffs what would his trade value even be? He's got his hip thing now this year and I don't think teams are going to give you a whole lot for him at this point in his career. We're not going to get some huge haul for him unless he has another stretch like the 2012 playoffs which is doubtful since I think only Joe Montana ever had a better playoff run than that.

I think what we need to do is see if Harbaugh/Morningwheg are the guys to keep with Jackson or not going forward, instead of worrying about flipping Flacco to some other team.

His trade value isn't much but it's because of the contract, not his health. Just cut him if you can't find a trade partner. It's still substantial cap savings.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's a 3 to 4 week injury. It won't affect his trade value.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
We shall see.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Of course we are. It's hard to see a talented WR cursed with catching passes from Andy Dalton. Though I guess that ain't a problem no more.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
If I could put my Kawalimus hat on for a second, Baltimore getting bounced from the playoffs by the Browns is a good thing. It would complete the set by having each AFCN team beat the Ravens in the final divisional game of the year to keep them from the playoffs in three consecutive years thus breaking the curse of the post Superbowl playoff drought.*

*Curse not applicable to Gary Kubiak led offenses.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Joe deserved better but that's football. With the Giants loving themselves out of a decent draft slot maybe they kick the tires on him next year.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

SolusLunes posted:

Superbowl MVP joe flacco is just an better bortles who deserved his historic victory

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

I dreamt last night that Joe Flacco was going around and taking pictures of every single Ravens fan. But he only did it during daytime hours and would get mad at you if you talked to him at night.

Please stop reimagining god's favorite son through the the prism of your broken brain.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
If true you are bad at football fandom. All of Lamar Jackson's success will be tainted by the specter of John Harbaugh's betrayal of the perpetually failed good boy Joesph Vincent Flacco.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Eifert Posting posted:

Fans are in open mutiny. I don't know a single person at this point that wants Marv back. Vs raiders was the first game I didn't watch live or download since 2010.

Where do you download games from?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I actually wasn't aware of any available torrents. Obviously streams are everywhere but that's not super useful when I'm working through the game.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Yeah, fiction is fun. Did you guys read The Lord of the Rings? Pretty good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Sticking with Harbaugh is probably the right call but drat does it make the future look boring. The odds for the Ravens' wild success and abject failure feel like they just plummeted.