Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be the Mod?
This poll is closed.
Anidav 14 0.14%
Dr Spaceman 2 0.02%
JBP 12 0.12%
bell jar 1 0.01%
GoldStandardConure 7 0.07%
Joseph Stalin 10016 99.64%
Total: 10052 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Should've made dumb memes about it if you care so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/aug/31/peter-dutton-accused-of-misleading-parliament-over-au-pair-visa-saga

quote:

On 27 March, Greens MP Adam Bandt asked Dutton in question time to categorically rule out “any personal connection or any other relationship between you and the intended employer of either of the au pairs.”

Dutton responded: “The answer is yes.”

On Thursday, Guardian Australia revealed Dutton saved an Italian au pair from deportation, who was due to work for a former Queensland police colleague.
Watch as nothing at all comes from this because born to rule fuckos think it's fine for them to poo poo all over the rules, as long as no one else does.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Relaxed ScoMo

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Knobb Manwich posted:

Should've made dumb memes about it if you care so much.

what do i look like someone who carea about things

caring about thinga is lame

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Actually not caring about caring is the new lame.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

God drat if there's a new lame I'm going to have to get a new gimmick

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Peter Dutton hints that leaking of au pair cases is designed to hurt him

Aah doi.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Caring about sharks.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Federal ICAC guillotine now

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Mate I'm not reading all that technical trade poo poo, just take me to the clauses that discuss Grunt, i do my best work in that area

Gruntonomics

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

Pillbug
*throws hands in the air in exasperation*

The Grunt!! Where is it! There's just not even enough loving Grunt in here, did loving Hockey write this or what, maybe he put it in chapter Eleventy

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Sharks? I love the Sharkies. Mattttte

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Fourty Foot of Grunt

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Through all the pain being caused by the current government, the chaos being sown by media personalities with a diminishing reach, and hot European au pairs running rampant around the country with their young Asian girlfriends we can take solace in one thing always being true

one thing that unites all Australians

the world, even!

at least we know that Russel Crowe's band's a loving pile of poo poo

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011
Forget about all that AU PAIR stuff. There's something far more important to discuss:

Did you notice xX_ScOm0_69_Sl4yeR_Xx WEARS AN AUSSIE FLAG PIN EVERY DAY? HE'S A TRUE BLUE AUSSIE PATRIOT MAAATE

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Malcolm Turnbull is no longer a plotician as pf 5pm.

He is however in New York living on his apartment for the next 2 months though.

Rip libs.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

drunkill posted:

Malcolm Turnbull is no longer a plotician as pf 5pm.

He is however in New York living on his apartment for the next 2 months though.

Rip libs.

He should get on Twitter and start talking poo poo.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

https://twitter.com/kimbakit/status/1035323260668272641

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Start posting dank memes on Twitter

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

If I was personally well off and a former pollie that's what I'd do. Sit in an apartment in Paris with a glass of red and dump everything that wouldn't get me sued.

Dutton's gonna get away with his poo poo, but this can't stand. She's refusing to cooperate with police for fucks sake.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-31/sydney-light-rail-faces-questions-over-500-million-bailout/10188482

quote:

The Berejiklian Government today admitted it was guarantor on a $500 million loan provided by private banks to the ALTRAC Light Rail Partnership, the consortium behind the project.
It means if ALTRAC goes under, NSW taxpayers are in line to pay back the loan.
The project is over budget and behind schedule, with two construction companies and sixty local businesses suing the NSW government

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-31/nbn-cost-revised-up-to-51-billion-dollars/10187108

quote:

The peak budget for the completion of the National Broadband Network has been increased to $51 billion after the higher costs of the rollout and deferred revenue.
An additional $2 billion will be sourced from private investment markets to make up the shortfall, increasing the NBN's budget from the previous $49 billion.
I don't know if this is a big deal, but you've got to wonder where the money goes

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

bandaid.friend posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-31/nbn-cost-revised-up-to-51-billion-dollars/10187108

I don't know if this is a big deal, but you've got to wonder where the money goes

Telstra

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-31/nsw-police-charge-sri-lankan-man-with-terror-offences/10186784

quote:

A police source has confirmed Malcolm Turnbull and Julie Bishop were among a list of potential targets allegedly documented in the notebook of a Sri Lankan man charged with a terrorism-related offence today.
Imagine being an assassin and flying all the way to Australia only to watch the Liberal party do your work for you

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Don Dongington posted:

A Collaborative Auspol Effort

But rough but satisfying.

But.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

What was the original Labor NBN cost?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

It was *checks notes* ah yes utterly irrelevant because you'd have to be a loving clown to think it wouldn't have gone massively over budget too.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Kommando posted:

What was the original Labor NBN cost?

40b or thereabouts.

It would have run over too, but probably less because it would have actually worked and people would want it

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

https://twitter.com/JEChalmers/status/1035374704746352640

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Laserface posted:

40b or thereabouts.

It would have run over too, but probably less because it would have actually worked and people would want it

Also you wouldn't need to replace huge bits in a few years

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

Laserface posted:

40b or thereabouts.

Plus lower running costs, higher resale value, and much more growth potential, and you won't need to rebuild the drat thing in a decade's time.

Both plans still suffered expensive backhaul and regional interconnect costs.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Adults. In. Charge.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Word cloud for July:

My home internet has been down for weeks (thanks Malc), so I had to jump through a few hoops to get this posted, but I could not possibly miss the opportunity to tell you "Libs over"

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
It's Mr Dick

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Win dick milk.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Dick Milk Cat Report

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hey i've been having a lazy google, but not finding what i want. are there any good places to check up on / read some current analysis on unemployment rates by state / region?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Libs over.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

under

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

hambeet posted:

hey i've been having a lazy google, but not finding what i want. are there any good places to check up on / read some current analysis on unemployment rates by state / region?

sounds like the kind of thing greg jericho would write about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Labor NBN was costed at $43 billion and an NBN Co. business plan revised it down to $37.4 billion after they were established. To be funded by the Government to the tune of $30.4 billion with the rest by private investment. It intended to begin paying dividends back to the government in 2021 and be fully paid off by 2034 with return rates of 7.1% and revenue of $21.3 billion by 2021.

The Liberal party initially stated that the Multi-Technology Mix (MTM) would be completed by 2016, however this was changed after the election to 2019 and then again to 2020. The project cost jumped from the Liberal Party's estimated $29.5 billion before the 2013 federal election to $46-56 billion afterwards. NBN Co. said it was on target for $49 billion but now it's $51 billion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_National_Broadband_Network#NBN_Co_set_up

If only we had a federal anti corruption commission. Annual revenue is currently below 600 million per year at the moment I believe.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Aug 31, 2018

• Locked thread