Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
After my summer at the PDs office I feel pretty optimistic about my decision to obtain a free ride legal education. I don't know wtf all these idiots 100k+ in debt are thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Policy of lickin' boots

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

ActusRhesus posted:

Canada has its own special breed of hillbilly. Go far enough north and you can observe the mullet in its natural habitat.

Stop erasing southern mullets

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Ahhh the start of 2L year, when a young man's fancy turns to desperate alcohol consumption

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Do my client's murders count towards my killstreak if they still end up in prison?

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Sep 10, 2018

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Phil Moscowitz posted:

I think this is the reason I hear so many lawyers, when introducing one of their colleagues, use the phrase "law partner," as in "This is Butters Cocksleeve, my law partner."

One of the interns I worked with this summer claimed the Dom/Sub BDSM contracts she and her friends sign off are essentially air tight and completely enforceable so I'm not sure what the distinction of law partner really offers

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Late to a session? That's a paddlin'
Missing your catsuit? That's a paddlin'
Refuse to clean your dom's boots with your tongue? Best believe that's a paddlin'

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Bushido Brown posted:

Hello law goons, it's been a long time.

Any tips on interviewing for an in house position?

Offer to sign an additional Sub contract if they offer you the position

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Look up your interviewers family on social media and ask how they're doing. Say you met them years ago at a party or some poo poo

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
A classmate of mine just got diagnosed with a very serious and potentially terminal disease. Y'all ever see any particularly effective fundraising efforts within the legal community? It seems like there are a lot of obvious directions (attempt to get the university, broader legal community, etc) involved but I was wondering if any of you had seen anything particularly clever?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Didn't the Paula Jones thing come to light well after 1993?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Toona the Cat posted:

Let's be honest, this entire thread knew what I was thinking.

Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
lol brett is a soyboy beta-cuck who cried in front of the whole world because people called him names

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Hell yeah I got a crazy client in my criminal defense clinic who wants to put the system on trial!!!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
You gonna fight her or are you just gonna bitch out?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Meatbag Esq. posted:

This thread is full of stories of complaints against public defenders who couldn't keep their clients out of prison, you think a crazy guy won't file one against a guy who got him incarcerated?

This guy isn't stuck in a cell with nothing better to do than agonize about how his lawyer didn't emphasize strongly enough that his coat was burgundy and not red

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Mr. Nice! posted:

Assistant PD with 20+ years experience in florida is $72k. Florida has a search engine where you can punch in any state employee’s name and see what they’re paid, so I looked up a guy I know.

Starting salary in Colorado is 65K with guaranteed annual increases and scheduled promotions. Depending on where you practice after COLA increases 100k+ is pretty easy to break (Or so I hear)

Plus I loving shred sick pow every winter which is gnarlicious

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

SlyFrog posted:

It will come. It keeps seeping further and further toward the middle. The Denvers, Chattanooga, etc.

Eventually, there will be Googlers who realize, "Hey, I can live like a king in Des Moines and retire in 10 years - I'll buy that 2,400 square foot house for $700,000 - what a bargain compared to California!

Good get the them the gently caress out of the cities

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

gvibes posted:

I apparently will shortly have enough kids that I have started to get questions about whether I am a member of a weird religious sect.

Wait you're a Jewish lawyer?!?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

GamingHyena posted:

We've got a newborn and I honestly have no idea how people manage to have more than one child without going crazy from the sleep deprivation alone. It doesn't help that our kid was colicky and can only be soothed by expensive formulas and long car rides.

Those people have severe and ongoing traumas that they pass back to their children through their adolescent and teenage years before being resented for the remainder of their life in this beautiful process of familial bondong.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
The great state of Louisiana don't need no outside agitators coming in, trying to unsettle things.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
American Nazis certainly are clique twerps.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

mastershakeman posted:

Illinois is making attorneys who don't have malpractice insurance through a firm (i.e. everyone who does doc review) do 4 hours of 'self assessment' about all that stuff. Normally CLEs are like an hour video or whatever. This is flash only and requires you to click next slide about every 15-30 seconds and otherwise stops.

:smithicide:

edit: AND THERES loving QUIZZES A FEW SLIDES IN JESUS gently caress

im going to go postal. i got to the end to yet another quiz, which froze. reloaded t ab, which disappeared. went back to the site, 'resumed where i left off' and it started me at the beginning where i was 45 loving minutes ago

Dusted...

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

disjoe posted:

See here in America we don’t have that problem because we just let the O&G corporations break peoples’ legs

Rip Huey Long :sad:

Edit: autocorrect changing Huey to hurt because they hate ducks and black cartoon character and the kingfish

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I liked all the squeaky animals they included to sell lead tainted toys

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Netflix has John Travolta's entire library if you want to watch one man's career development into plastic surgery addiction and Scientology.

If that's not interesting to you maybe the problem lies within

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Star wars is bad, star trek on the other hand..

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
At Equal justice works staying in an attorney's baller mansion wondering why everyone on here is always so taciturn about the legal field :sad:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Mr. Nice! posted:

A friend of mine worked in the career office of my school 10 years ago and is helping me touch up my resume a bit. We were talking on the phone this morning about starting state wages, and they’ve dropped about $10k/year from what they were then, and there’s nothing but downward pressure on those already depressed wages.

That is not the situation in Colorado. I can't speak for the rest of the nation but competition doesn't seem as severe in the rocky mountain west.

Edit: Star wars loving sucks and people that freak out about it are always weird as poo poo

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Toona the Cat posted:

In true Jewish fashion, I was talking to another guy from my temple about what happened and how the rabbi emeritus gave an interview and said that thankfully, services often have a late arriving crowd. He turned to me and deadpanned “Jewish time, now saving lives.”

was chosen people's time too obvious or...?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Uhh the Earl of Sandwich simply wanted something he could eat while playing without getting his hands dirty

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Your honor Id like to pass on this appliance conversation

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I drink energy drinks and dip skoal because I don't know anyone who sells adderall

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Cash bail is loving stupid and so are jails!!!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Is there any academic value to the federalist society or are they just early advertising by the heritage foundation? I'll listen to the answer off air!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Yeah coach toss toona a bone so you don't have to suffer

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Sessions fired, his Chief of Staff has been appointed, and presumably he will take direct supervision of the Mueller investigation?!?!?

Seems like lawyers are all part of the problem

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
A professor of mine just became AG of my state. Do I sleep with him (Y)/(N)?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Jeff Sessions got fired and this thread goes to poo poo. His stewardship was all that was keeping our society together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I dress like Don 'Magic' Juan because I know Green's for the money and Gold's for the honey