Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Oh yeah, this game. Count me in as one more guy that played it religiously when it came out and then... didn't. I probably will come back to it sometime, because I'm told the DLCs are worth it (mostly), but there really is just this insurmountable barrier between the things the game wants me to think and feel and what I actually think and feel. I still have the Pre-Sequel sitting there in my steam queue, still as yet unplayed... a shame too, as I quite like the aesthetic and art style and don't even mind what they are trying to go for, in story or tone. They just... can't quite get there.

Quicksilver6 posted:

I stopped playing for a long time after a certain mission with Tiny Tina that actually made me think "Jesus Christ I'm a loving war criminal" I'm surprised to hear her DLC is good, I hate the character and voice actor. Did manage to finish it but not the Pre-Sequel.

The dichotomy between the violence and how we are supposed to react to it is definitely one of my sticking point too, but strangely enough, I've never minded Tina. I definitely see why other people wouldn't like her, believe me, but she actually has legitimate and semi-understandable reasons for being the way she is and doing what she does, that are actually addressed in the story*- something that can't really be said about, oh, 90% of the characters you meet, who just do what they do because "game says so" and/or "wacky." So I never really minded Tina's quest, as it offers her a measure of closure, terrible methods or not.

Now the quest that is a very deliberate homage to the Hatfield- McCoy feud? That one makes me feel ill, as you're doing terrible things for no other reason than "Hey, we're an allusion to one of the worst gang conflicts in US history! Isn't that waaaacky?" ... Yeah, no.

*if you, uh, are diligent with your item collection, which some people might not be. :sweatdrop: Yeah, that's not ideal either, story should not be dependent on gameplay.

e: Oh, dern, update snipe. Yeah this area is... not very good:

Kaubocks posted:

Borderlands 2 is a well made game that absolutely does not break if you look at it funny.

Episode #02: Moist Claptrap

resurgam40 fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Aug 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

resurgam40 posted:

"Isn't that waaaacky?" ... Yeah, no.

That's pretty much 90% of the series' "humor" in a nutshell.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
I was up for 11 to 6am last night playing this, send help

First legendary was an infinite ammo machine pistol that sets people on fire. It's only about 30 damage a hit but being able to just hose down enemies has me holding onto it for trash mobs. Like those dive bombing flyer assholes.

RickVoid fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Aug 10, 2018

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
People expecting the pathos of Tales will be brutally surprised. :allears:

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Got to watch Ep 2, this game is beautifully programmed, I dunno what your issue was. I certainly haven't had issues with the game spawning quest items outside of level geometry or anything like that. Twice.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Klaus88 posted:

People expecting the pathos of Tales will be brutally surprised. :allears:

Honestly, I think playing the Borderlands games before Tales (hell, playing base B2 before the D&D DLC) just makes both experiences much better. The Lolwhacky™ humour of the base games contrasts very well with the later pathos, if you ask me. However, it's entirely possible that that's my love for this game at least coming to the fore, so feel free to disregard.

EDIT: Say, I was wondering- why don't you let PanzerGaige have the shotgun? Gaige + shootguns = FUN TIMES :unsmigghh:

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Aug 10, 2018

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Crabtree posted:

I mean, the only card Gearbox seems to have up its sleeve at this point is the supposed rush to Borderlands 3 they had back in 2016 when Battleborn died a pathetic death and being the publisher for We Happy Few and apparently Fortnite? Like, they were supposed to have BL3, a hypothetical "new" Duke Nukem game and a Brothers in Arms. Is Randy now too scared to release anything these days or what?

supposedly they've been working on borderlands 3 for some time now, but mannnnn every time they roll out on PAX stage or whatever and just sing about bigots or do a bad presidential debate skit i just die a little inside

mastersord posted:

The stuff about cheat engine only kicking in after Bewm Bewm is only because that fight unlocks the last equipment type and all rarities are allowed to drop. The only exception is The Hornet could drop from Knuckle Dragger

interesting, hadn't thought about it like that. makes sense though? i just crank 'em up from the get-go and whatever happens happens.

RBA Starblade posted:

The only orange item that wasn't a level 5 shield or whatever I found in two playthroughs spawned off the final boss. It fell on it so we couldn't loot it.

yeah this sure loving sounds like vanilla borderlands

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Why they make you suffer the grind to level 5 to get your action skill, then to 20 so you can actually start getting a skill loadout that matters I honestly cannot understand.

pre-sequel is way better about this-- you get your skill at 3 and getting down the trees is much easier. shame about the rest of the game, but i'm sure panzer and i will cover that in due time :^)

VolticSurge posted:

That's pretty much 90% of the series' "humor" in a nutshell.

i'm 12 and think it's funny

RickVoid posted:

I was up for 11 to 6am last night playing this, send help

good :colbert:

CommissarMega posted:

EDIT: Say, I was wondering- why don't you let PanzerGaige have the shotgun? Gaige + shootguns = FUN TIMES :unsmigghh:

idk what you mean-- i let her have the first shotgun we found and skills at level 5-10 literally don't matter at all. gaige shotgun bullshit is definitely coming

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I wish borderlands was a good fun trash game instead of a bad sometimes fun trash game. The trash bit is important, but there are so many bafflingly stupid decisions and failures in design. Why does it start so slowly? Why are the loot tables built for people who want to poopsock and farm things a thousand times to get a gun that isn't poo poo? Why is the UI literally a crime?

And I seem to remember a hell of a lot of getting stuck on invisible geometry throughout the games I played, but that may just have been me getting mad at a few early issues.

I hope to see many future episodes of you having fun and occasionally yelling at borderlands 2.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

This is one of those series where I never got the appeal and am glad I never bought into it. But I'm still excited to see you guys play it.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

The real way to ignore the loot issue of Borderlands 2 is play Krieg because once you start getting down the tree that makes buzz-axe better you din’t need loot. Especially when you get the capstone.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I got the first Borderlands for free from Games with Gold and then I bought the second one months later.

Once I had Borderlands 2 I stopped trying with the first and eventually gave up because it seems kinda impossible to beat by yourself? Also the scavenger hunting for weapon parts in some sidequests was weird and I didn't care for it.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

CuwiKhons posted:

Also Kaubocks I just remembered I actually made a gun write up post in the old Tales from the Borderlands thread if you just want me to copy/paste it so you don't have to explain them.

oh yeah i missed this post earlier but yea i have no issue with post reusage

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Watching this since I literally just reinstalled TPS this week.

(it's me, I'm the weirdo who like TPS)

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Kaubocks posted:

oh yeah i missed this post earlier but yea i have no issue with post reusage

i got you bro

quote:

:homebrew: Hyperion: Visually, Hyperion guns tend to be complex and futuristic looking. Their primary feature is their patented stabilizers - when you fire a Hyperion gun you not only don't get any recoil, you actually get more accurate. Hyperion guns tend to start out with mediocre accuracy and become more accurate the more you fire so a heavy trigger finger is encouraged. Hyperion weapons are named with corporate buzzwords such as Synergy, Crowd Sourcing, and Actualizer.

:patriot: Dahl: Dahl weapons look military and come in a variety of camo prints. They feature burst fire when zoomed (whether through a scope or just aiming with the ironsights) but the burst fire does have recoil so there's no guarantee you'll hit with all those shots if you're not within spitting distance. Dahl guns are usually named after animals like the Hornet, the Scorpion, and the Bearcat.

:anarchists: Vladof: The requisite Russian manufacturers, da? Vladof guns are often very boring looking, tending towards dull colors and real world designs. That said, they're a lot of fun. Vladof guns trade accuracy for fire rate and nothing goes through a magazine faster than a Vladof. When you need a wall of lead flying towards your enemies, Vladof has your back. Their gun names fall into two camps - Clockwork Orange references and revolutionary terms, like the Guerilla, the Anarchist, the Assassin, etc.

:retrogames: Tediore: Tediore is the Wal-mart of gun manufacturers. They make cheap garbage and they know it. Their guns are compact and look like they're made of brightly colored plastic. And they probably are, because the defining feature of a Tediore gun is that when you reload it, you don't really reload it - you throw it like a grenade and the gun itself explodes and a new copy appears in your hands. The more ammo left in the magazine when you throw it, the more damage it does and this is arguably the best use for a Tediore gun because the guns have absolute poo poo base damage. Tediore guns don't have a unified naming theme because Tediore sucks.

:supaburn: Maliwan: The hipsters of the Borderlands universe, Maliwan weapons like Sasha's SMG have very artsy designs and bright coloration. Maliwan is notable for its focus on elemental damage. While most non-Maliwan guns can randomly roll elemental damage as a trait, all Maliwan weapons have an elemental trait, no exceptions. They also do increased elemental damage so they're good options for enemies that are particularly weak to a particular element. Their weapon names tend to be fancy ten dollar words like Provocateur, Aegis, and Corinthian.

:clint: Jakobs: Jakobs guns are classic looking, often featuring wood stocks and generally looking like they belong on the set of an Old West movie. Fiona's wrist pistol is a Jakobs. Jakobs guns are notable for having low fire rates and dealing massive damage. As Marcus says, if it took more than one bullet, you weren't using a Jakobs. Despite the low fire rate on most of their guns, Jakobs is also a fan favorite due to their pistol lines which allow you to fan the hammer - the guns will fire as fast as you can pull the trigger and they retain that high damage the company is known for. Jakobs gun names tend to sound like they belong in the old west, with such favorites as the Bushwack, the Widow Maker, and the Buffalo.

:torgue: Torgue: Do you like EXPLOSIONS??? Well Torgue is here for you! Torgue guns often feature checkered patterns, usually in black and white or yellow and green. Torgue weapons always fire explosive rounds, and even their rocket launchers are more explosive than other brands. As compensation, they tend to have dick for accuracy and even worse recoil. Their bullets also move at about the speed of farts since every bullet is a grenade. Torgue weapon names are often sexual innuendo like the Rod, the Pounder, or the Bangstick, but their rocket launcher names are just onomatopoeia for things exploding - the Boom, the Blaaa, and the Duuurp. The company's namesake, Mr. Torgue, is also the actual best.

:downsgun: Bandit/Scav: Not a real gun manufacturer, this refers to guns that the natives of Pandora (and Elpis) have scavenged and put together themselves. They look like poo poo, they do trash damage, they have astoundingly large magazine sizes, and all their names are misspelled and in all lower case - the stret sweper, the acurate smgg, and my personal favorite, the bombabarbardeer.

:rip: S&S Munitions (defunct): Only available in Borderlands 1, S&S was notable for its large clip sizes, which Bandit and Scav guns stole from them in what must have been a very hostile takeover indeed. S&S guns were named after constellations such as the Orion, the Draco, and the Gemini.

:zombie: Atlas (defunct): Ostensibly the Best Guns, Atlas guns had high damage, high fire rates, good recoil reduction, and decent reload times. So why are they defunct if they made such bitching weapons? Well, we're gonna find out later so just hold your horses. This was a spoiler form Tales from the Borderlands but it's because of Athena. Athena killed everybody in Atlas. Fuckin' everybody. Atlas guns are, like their company name, named after mythological figures such as the Cyclops, the Ogre, and the Titan.

pointy corpse
Jul 7, 2014

I didn't think that solo play was that bad? Finished all three solo and had a blast. Heck, this thread being here is making me play 2 again.

Also Gaige is the best because Deathtrap is the best.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

90s Cringe Rock posted:

I wish borderlands was a good fun trash game instead of a bad sometimes fun trash game. The trash bit is important, but there are so many bafflingly stupid decisions and failures in design. Why does it start so slowly? Why are the loot tables built for people who want to poopsock and farm things a thousand times to get a gun that isn't poo poo? Why is the UI literally a crime?

And I seem to remember a hell of a lot of getting stuck on invisible geometry throughout the games I played, but that may just have been me getting mad at a few early issues.

I hope to see many future episodes of you having fun and occasionally yelling at borderlands 2.

This game and TPS are fairly decent in Normal mode. You don't even need optimal gear. Normal mode enemies and gear cap at level 40 (50 if you include certain DLC). The problem is that further levels (in TVM and UVM) do not scale properly. Normally, developers balance out difficulties by adding better gear or new mechanics to exploit. Gearbox was made aware about how enemies HP scaled exponentially while player damage, shields, and HP scaled almost linearly, and decided to not only do very little to fix it, but to double-down on it in UVM and OP levels by capping the player at lvl 75 and increasing regen on enemies. Every fight becomes a massive boss-fight where you need to be perfect or you will die. With the exception of absorption shields, you will get to the point where your shield goes down in 1-2 shots and you die in 1-2 shots. There was a point where they had to patch in a "shield gate" so the player wouldn't die if damage from a bullet exceeded both the shield and HP, which happens at a certain point in TVM and all the time in UVM.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah I was hella into Borderlands 2, until I hit the new game plus I was excited for and--as a solo player--I was hosed. I still like the series though and the post-game stuff hits me right in the MMO flavor feels.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

We blew past level 7; that means CheatEngine is finally kicking in for realsies! Hope you guys like lots of eridium and hanging out in Sanctuary.

Episode #03: I Love CheatEngine

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Let's Play! > MOIST SUNDAY! MOIST GUNDAY! MOIST FUNDAY! - Let's Play Moist Borderlands 2

E: Maybe get the Heavy Water Damage Jojo tread icon?

Geemer fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Aug 14, 2018

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
MOISTER TORGUE!!! and the Moist Explosions is my lovely band name.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Dahl definitely isn't the best manufacturer for sniper rifles, but there are worse. I hate Hyperion snipers, because they rarely have the fire rate or clip size to justify the whole "stabilizes while shooting" Hyperion gimmick. Also, when you're trying to shoot at range, the first shot is the most important. I also feel Torgue snipers are pretty bad, because the slow-moving grenade/rocket/explosive whatevermabob makes it really hard to snipe. I feel like I'm back in Borderlands 1 where enemies would move away in between when I shot my sniper rifle and when the projectile would have hit. But yeah, if you really want a rapid-fire sniper, Jakobs is probably the best manufacturer. I personally prefer Maliwan.

I totally agree with Kaubocks that Tediore is a garbage manufacturer and you should never use their guns (except that one shotgun that flies around and shoots people when you reload it) unless you're playing Gaige and thus never manually reload anyways.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Commander Keene posted:

Dahl definitely isn't the best manufacturer for sniper rifles, but there are worse. I hate Hyperion snipers, because they rarely have the fire rate or clip size to justify the whole "stabilizes while shooting" Hyperion gimmick. Also, when you're trying to shoot at range, the first shot is the most important. I also feel Torgue snipers are pretty bad, because the slow-moving grenade/rocket/explosive whatevermabob makes it really hard to snipe. I feel like I'm back in Borderlands 1 where enemies would move away in between when I shot my sniper rifle and when the projectile would have hit. But yeah, if you really want a rapid-fire sniper, Jakobs is probably the best manufacturer. I personally prefer Maliwan.

I totally agree with Kaubocks that Tediore is a garbage manufacturer and you should never use their guns (except that one shotgun that flies around and shoots people when you reload it) unless you're playing Gaige and thus never manually reload anyways.

Except if you're (properly) using Gaige there's no reason to ever not use TORGUE guns because, paradoxically, you're going to hit anyways!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yeah, Gaige + Torgue shotgun = :syoon: Hell, Gaige + Torgue ANYTHING makes for fun times; my only regret is that Torgue doesn't make an SMG.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Kibayasu posted:

Except if you're (properly) using Gaige there's no reason to ever not use TORGUE guns because, paradoxically, you're going to hit anyways!

My preference with Gaige were Jakobs Texas Scatterguns, the kinds with magazines of 3 (2 with smaller lighter faster) and insanely fast reload times. Builds stacks super quickly which is more important when you get to the point of having 400 or so as your cap if you don’t want to spend ten minutes each time you die or start a new session spooling up.

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009
What does having beyond -100% (something like -700% with 400 anarchy) even mean? Your bullets are essentially just randomly shot out anywhere, even with bullets just turning around and shooting out from your back?

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Alavaria posted:

What does having beyond -100% (something like -700% with 400 anarchy) even mean? Your bullets are essentially just randomly shot out anywhere, even with bullets just turning around and shooting out from your back?

Yeah pretty much this exactly. Rocket launchers are a dance with death cause the rocket can just turn around and hit you in the face instantly.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Alavaria posted:

I don't know if they can literally go backwards but they can definitely leave the barrel and instantly take a 90 degree turn.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Alavaria posted:

Past a certain point you actually learn to deliberately miss enemies because the only place you can be certain the bullets won't go is where you're aiming. With the ricochet ability you mostly aim at the floor and bounce your bullets into enemies.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Alavaria posted:

CommissarMega posted:

I remember I had 400 Anarchy once, fired my shotgun at a trash pile right in front of me, missed and stillkilled some monster I wasn't even aware of behind me :allears:

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009
I was thinking if it sprayed out in front of you then at least if you jammed the barrel of the gun, as it were, into the enemy's face it would still get them, but not since you can shoot backwards. Wonder what the distribution would look like, if you stood in an empty room and looked at the bullet holes or something when shooting.

The difference between shooting backwards, or shooting sideways and ricocheting to kill something is ... I guess is you can't ricochet bullets off the sky, so if you were looking upwards you'd have to be able to shoot backwards in order to hit anyone.

Alavaria fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Aug 15, 2018

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Alavaria posted:

I was thinking if it sprayed out in front of you then at least if you jammed the barrel of the gun, as it were, into the enemy's face it would still get them, but not since you can shoot backwards. Wonder what the distribution would look like, if you stood in an empty room and looked at the bullet holes or something when shooting.

If it works like most other FPS the 'accuracy' stat is related to a 'spread' value which determines the degree of deviation from where you are pointing the gun. A bigger spread number means a bigger area where the bullet is probable to go.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Discussion of stats in action games frequently drives me mad. It's very important that games - especially games with RPG mechanics - explain stuff like this clearly, and very few do.

What does -20% accuracy mean? It could mean almost goddamn anything, depending on how accuracy is implemented in your game.

In the most technical sense it is more correct to talk about a videogame weapon's inaccuracy than its accuracy. 100% accuracy should obviously be taken to mean 0% inaccuracy; your bullet will be fired exactly upon the crosshairs. Obviously, introducing inaccuracy means that bullets will start venturing elsewhere. But how exactly is the direction of an inaccurate shot calculated?

In an RPG you might have various stats that go into an equation that probably introduces a random number at some point to determine when an attack hits or misses. Fire Emblem, for example, has an accuracy stat, and an evasion stat. Your accuracy minus their evasion is your percentage chance to hit them. So when I equip a cool accessory that gives me +5 accuracy, I know exactly what it's doing and how dramatic the effect is going to be in any given encounter.

(if I am a very stupid writer, I will say in the items description that it offers 5 percent more accuracy. This is a disaster of a phrase. Confusion between percentages and percentage points is one of the most common hurdles in statistical literacy.)

In a shooter we can make a lot of good assumptions about how inaccuracy works but it's remarkably hard to nail anything down. We do know that somehow, a direction for our bullet to fly will be calculated that will be different to the one we chose with the crosshair. This probably will take the form of a number of degrees of pitch and yaw (but not roll) being added to the crosshair bearing to determine the final direction of the shot. But how much, exactly? As players we typically don't care. We will pick up a feel for the accuracy of this pistol, this rifle, this shotgun, this SMG, and we learn to work with it. But the second you start introducing numeric modifiers into this equation everything goes to hell. You give me a gun and you give me a power that, say, adds damage and subtracts 20% accuracy and I want to know, exactly what is getting changed by 20%? Is the radius of the circle that bounds the area at a given distance my shot will go going to increase by 20%? (That's a huge change!) Is its area going to increase by 20%? (That's not so huge a change!) Is there a hidden number that gets plugged into a hideous function with weird curvy scaling that would take a mathematician a few minutes to explain that is going to decrease by 20%? (Lord loving knows what that means.) Will it add more spread to a sniper than to a shotgun? Is there a 0% accuracy at which my shots can theoretically go directly behind me? (Holy poo poo, am I losing twenty percent or twenty percentage points, and what's the baseline for this weapon?!) Most of the time, players want to know in concrete terms what a thing is going to do.

...Fortunately, with Gaige, the answer to all of these questions is ultimately "lol who the gently caress cares, ricochet will oblige and that procs 50% of the time". Which is a lucky escape! But too many games with stats fall into these traps and I hate it. Videogames, man.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Fedule posted:

I hate ... Videogames, man.

Who doesn't?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Yay! Looking forward to this so, so, so, so much. I remember it was Saints Row 2 which got me to join these forums, if I recall correctly.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

dscruffy1 posted:

Cheat Engine modding the drop rates is pretty much the only way I found this workable.

I still nurse hopes of one day doing a series MEGA-LP with three other random folks even though I don't have that much experience with this game because hey screwing around is fun too.

I have never cheat engine a game. I may have to get to the right level for the Tiny Tina DLC.

also I would be down to be one of these random assholes.

good to have kauskank and panzerbocks lping again

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

I've picked this back up (on the PS3) thanks to the LP and am trying out Krieg for a change of pace. And I'm already jealous of y'all being able to change the drop rates of stuff. I forgot how much of a slog it was.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Herr Tog posted:

I have never cheat engine a game. I may have to get to the right level for the Tiny Tina DLC.

also I would be down to be one of these random assholes.

good to have kauskank and panzerbocks lping again

Like I've said before, the game is playable and beatable without cheat engine. You can find and use quest reward gear (OR GRIND TORGUE TOKENS!!) to get by. Legendaries can surpass normal guns and are far more interesting, but the drop rate is so abysmal and the leveling system means you're likely to surpass the legendary's level before you find it, making it useless (with some exceptions). After all the outcries and complaints, I'm still bitter that Mr. Pitchford thinks these numbers are perfectly fine.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Boner jokes! rear end jokes! Panzer and I being bad at video games! All these things and more in the latest Borderlands 2 vid! ...well, maybe not more. That's about literally all you're going to get today.

Episode #04: Unstuck in Time

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
You can use the Loot Sploder mod in Cheat engine under Lua Scripts to make things drop more stuff. Also set player drop weights 1 and 2 to 1.0. This may slow down your game, so experiment with it before going nuts. Your low levels might also affect your loot pools in that some legendaries have a minimum level before they drop (I think).

Critical hits are not random. Most enemies have weak points. Bandits' and psychos' weak point is the head. Same with bullymongs, and skags. If it has a head, usually that is the weak point.

Elements: Electric is best for killing shields. Fire is best for living things. Corrosive is best for robots and machines. Explosive does extra damage and some splash damage.

mastersord fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Aug 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

Boner jokes! rear end jokes! Panzer and I being bad at video games! All these things and more in the latest Borderlands 2 vid! ...well, maybe not more. That's about literally all you're going to get today.

Episode #04: Unstuck in Time

Good vid. It's so weird to hear the low-tier anarchy quotes from Gaige after spending so long at the upper end in my last playthrough. It'll be fun to slowly witness the descent.