Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
And seeing what happened to them and GTA V's online microtransaction focus, I am super worried about RDR 2's online stuff. Here's a super horse that costs $50!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I will return my copy of RDR 2 if those bastards do not make a quest or an entire line/weird area where man animals exist in some fashion.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I just wanna know how dumb it is. Like is this timed button presses for mundane poo poo like drinking beer ala a David Cage game? Am I gonna be forced to hold X for the right amount of time or else my gun goes off in my face because I cleaned it wrong?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
If its eat or else baby's meter goes down and he dies like a survival game I'll mock it. If its David Cage bullshit where I go through several quick time controller jack offs, button presses and saying the right word into the microphone just so he can piss without getting a snake in his rear end, I'll return it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Screaming JOHN throughout the entire game.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Will you be able to play this game without downloading the shitfest of like 100 or so gigs of online stuff?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

If you have the physical copy it will install 90 gigs of poo poo to your hard drive. If you don't you have to download 90 gigs of poo poo to your hard drive.

Psychical it is.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

If you buy the digital version it will download the whole thing before the game is even released though so, unless you have some sort of data cap, who cares?

I do actually. Just got spooked by that 100 gigs.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I just hope they aren't as cynical as they are in regular GTA. That's kind of what made RDR more tolerable is that they weren't up their own rear end about how everything sucks and actually liked the period they were talking about, even if they didn't shy away from how the cowboy age was kind of poo poo, but that it was on its way out. Then again, this is a game that's likely the fall of the van der Linde gang.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Also Bill Williamson is probably gonna be this horrible sack of poo poo that eggs Dutch on or fucks up because he got really greedy or he wanted some girl and she said no, but you can't kill the fucker.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Well there are reactionaries already making GBS threads their pants over 3.5/5 reviews, so gamer's gonna cry.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

That's why you always aim to kill in the first hit through the head, don't let the animal suffer.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Some CEO and design leads need to be slapped for making you constantly lose the equipment you had on and reselect from the horse all the dang time between cut-scenes and activities just stripping you down to your pistols over and over. Rockstar's proving that there is a line between what is tolerable and what is annoying in video game "realism".

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Tercio posted:

uncle has rapidly become my favorite camp member and i didn't expect that

There's a reason Marston put up with his poo poo to live with him.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
What the gently caress random fishing man, I just petted your happy pup and you start shooting me?!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
So I just stumbled onto a loving KKK gathering in the wilderness and the bloodlust just came over me. "GOD drat HOODED RODENTS. I'LL KILL ALLYA BASTERDS."

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Oct 28, 2018

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Do you have to kill the gunslingers to get their guns or can you just disarm them?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

CharlestonJew posted:

you can also chase rabbits and rats around with a knife, although I have no idea what quality pelt that gets you because while Arthur does have an animation for stabbing things below him it's slow as poo poo

Does the viking throwing axe count as a tomahawk or a knife like melee kill?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I loving hate hunting rabbits, they always see you coming before you even know they're there and then they rush off all over the place. You try to get them on a horse and either the stupid small arrows narrowly miss their head and thus you ruin the pelt/waste small arrows or accidentally stomp on the shits ducking and weaving around you. I hope whatever design lead that just had to have different ammo types get different pelts breaks their hand by tripping and falling off 49 degree elevation on a small hill.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
With them at least putting in the area for part of the original game's Mexico, I wonder if you could basically sell the original game in the new game's engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I am now hoping to find another person attacked by a cougar situation just so I can have the opportunity to scope them with my binoculars and doodle them in my book. They always seem to smell and hunt you before you even realise it, even if you have sent masker.