Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Not having ever watched Coven, is there anything I would've missed in the most current episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Tenzarin posted:

I love the James March character. When he just starts laughing was great.

James March has been my 2nd favorite Even Peters character!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

He so obviously and desperately wants to do other roles: he really leans into the stuff that is out of his archetype!

Loved his character in Cult, too.

I'm watching Cult for the first time. I wish I hadn't been spoiled (AHS: Cult spoiler) that Ivy was part of the cult. Although when you do find that out so many of her actions, plus the fact that she knew Winter prior to her being their Nanny. makes so much more sense. It really is terrifying but I'm glad it's a "reality" terrifying and not super natural.

AHS has really improved with shorter seasons.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Reik posted:

You think Alpha warlock guy is the anti Christ baby from season 1?

His name is Michael Langdon. That's exactly who he is.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Finished Cult and loving loved it! I really liked the "realness" of it. There was no supernatural bullshit, no demons, werewolves, vampires, etc. It was real and it preyed on real fears. I thought it had kind of a flat ending but really liked it overall.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

You know, as a fan of AHS I never completely finished season 1 (I remember bondage suit dude) and didn't make it through season 2. Season 3 and on I've watched. I don't remember why I didn't binge through these completely on netflix back then but I may as well play catch-up now. Then I'll probably understand more references to those.

Asylum is really good, it does suffer from "too many subplots" that the longer seasons all stuffy from

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I like everything with the Warlocks. The journey to get Misty was super creepy.

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Oct 11, 2018

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm going to watch Coven this weekend because I feel like a lot of the most recent episode made no sense

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Next week's episode is going to be 1:18 (roughly 55 minutes after commercials). I think I read in the same article that we are going back to bunker in 2 weeks.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
How are people feeling about 4 (maybe 5 or 6) episodes of flashbacks? How badly do we want to get back to the bunker? What was even happening at the bunker when we left off?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

TOOT BOOT posted:

This episode was another dud in my book as amusing as Sandra Bernhard was. Now I'm worried about the ending.

This was the first dud episode in my book. I'm ready to get back to the loving bunker

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Chris James 2 posted:

I've seen every episode so far, there's one episode left, and I'm still not sure if this is a good season or not. Definitely the first AHS season I've felt this way about this late into it

I'm just hoping we get the loving apocalypse tonight.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

I'm just hoping we get the loving apocalypse tonight.

gently caress off past SalTheBard

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I wish I could Tempus Infinitum myself and tell myself not watch this bullshit season.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Blazing Ownager posted:

I think she's going to die in the attempt, and thus the supreme does not have to die.

My bet is on:

F. Heal Michael's soul so he doesn't turn evil in the first place, or at least comes back from evil.

They've setup over and over there's good in him, and that he's been pushed towards this outcome. If they deviate his destiny, they fix everything.

Part of me still thinks the coke nerds realize what a colossal mistake everything has been, and that the actors from the forward timeline are the same characters (not that we'd expect that due to the way AHS plays with actors).

Mostly because otherwise it's odd that two characters are going to pop up in the mind wipe mess.

She probably has manual / automatic settings. I doubt they are still controlling her.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Blazing Ownager posted:

1: Good
2: Great
3: Clusterfuck
4: Boring
5: Uneven but mostly good with some greatness mixed in
6: Really good
7: Really good
8: Thus far, really loving good

Basically there was a big dip in 3-4 and 5 straddled the fence but I've liked every season since Hotel and I don't dislike Hotel.

Coven was incoherent, Freak Show was boring. Coven II is really pretty coherent and definitely not boring.

I could get on board with this list. I'm just frustrated mostly because I know only have one episode left and we have a lot of ground to cover. I'm sure they will stick the landing because thus far it's been really good.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
The wigs are my favorite part of those two.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I feel like Hotel is pretty polarizing. Some people enjoyed it, some have hated it. I also think this season has been bait and switchy to an extent but it hasn't been a "mess".

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The no bone zone was Venable's rules not the Collective's.

Jesus I totally missed that the 2 Kids at the end were the 2 from the first bunker episodes. I just thought the 23 and Me thing was a nod.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Doltos posted:

Leave in Murder House, Coven, and Hotel flashbacks, change Eichner's character to be hunting Michael and not being gung ho for the apocalypse in the first place, put in exposition that everyone invited into the sanctuary has the potential to birth more anti-christs, don't have Billie Lourd go back in time and just have her kill Michael then reset everything. Poor Michael didn't even have a chance.

Wait was Billy Eichners character that was in the shelter..the same that was in the robot lab?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Freakshow was ruined by Twisty getting killed like 4 episodes in.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Binging is definitely the way to do some of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

haveblue posted:

Sarah Paulson will not have a major role this season, but doesn't rule out a cameo

No Peters, almost no Paulson, is this even still American Horror Story?

After being front and center for so many consecutive seasons I'm ok with her stepping back a bit