Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Looking forward to getting back into this timesink. :q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

I take it the anti-Goonswarm coalition is ending the war by seppuku?

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Ynglaur posted:

We just won the defensive phase of the war. The vengeance phase has not yet begun. TEST is next.

Kill TEST and reassert control over lost systems since Fortress Delve seemed to have paid off so well?

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Flew in a cavalry raid last night where we hit an ihub and TEST's most potent defense amounted to a lone keyboard warrior yelling in local. TEST and NC ran some minor interference, threw some folks at us but ultimately withdrew from the system leaving behind their keyboard warrior while we took the objective.

First fleet op in 8 or so months, would do again.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Test Alliance Please Abandon

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Groshlak posted:

Hi!

I would like to join GoonWaffe. I've read the wiki page Joining GoonWaffe 101 and I would like to make sure I use the proper channel.

I was part of Valar Morghullis. and before that I was briefly in SMA so it means I already have a goonfleet account and that my characters are already registered but I currently have limited access to the goonfleet forums.

My understanding is that I should use the method C and give comprehensive details about my situation in an email to newbies@ , in which I could argue for skipping the being a member for 3 months on SA forums requirement. I would like to skip it because the war is now and the hellcamp with the titans trapped is just so exquisite.

So, have I got this right, do you have any recommendation for me?

:allears:

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I discovered that there's a window you can pull up for "bookmarks in this system" and that you can drag it into a group of windows like your chat windows.

Oh lord thank you.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Slowly skilling my way to Rokhs because 425mm railguns seem neat and I like to shoot poo poo a lot. I can fly the damned thing, I just can't use the guns yet. Soon™.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Malefitz posted:

https://br.evetools.org/br/60031d7b85bfbe001bf1d2e0

Init annihilating Papi fleet via bombing run

Love our allies :hist101:

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Dalmuti posted:

querious is a funny place. every drat night i log on thinking to myself "there's no way these guys are way more incompetent than i am again" and most nights i'm proven wrong

https://fleetcom.space/battlereport/cTC3oEsnPw8fp6EtJ

the fun thing is that we killed the proteus first off tonight. on the undock of a keepstar. a hostile keepstar. abyssal mods and everything

https://zkillboard.com/kill/90129576/

keeps us basically isk positive for the evening. throw a nice scrap in cooperation with black ops, and we got a stew going, baby

querious is where the players play
delta sqad is where the posters post

Keep up the good work. I enjoy the updates about BRAVE et al getting dunked in Querious since I used to rat there and would like to go back to that at some point after TEST dies.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

RFC2324 posted:

Sorry, I was translating what those old tutorials tell people, I don't mean it personally.

EVE has historically been pretty hostile to newbies.

"Welcome to Eve Online. I hate you." -CCP

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

So I've undertaken the bad habit of listening to TiS and a couple other Eve "News" shows while I'm making lunch or whatever, and I completely understand and agree now that "content" is a word that should die off forever in relation to Eve.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Have a cat.

I think I'm getting better at following fleets around but the other day at M2 I spent more time trying to get into position during TIDI and couldn't hit half the targets being called out. I never thought to maybe warp off and back on the FC. Still, I got to shoot at some Munins and had fun. Rokhs are fun.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

There's a 1000km exclusion zone between structures, and structure guns only hit out to about 400km? or so.

This is why the QUERNS HARDPOINT in 1DQ1-A is so powerful -- it's a legacy (read: not Legacy Coalition) ihub in an illegal spot that got grandfathered in when they converted the old outposts into faction fortizars.

It's also why we have a dyson swarm surrounding the primary grid in 1DQ1-A -- it radically increases the difficulty of besieging the keepstars there by sending fighters a long distance from an allied structure.

God I love these kinds of things that get allowed in games.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

The only downside to the 1DQ structure grid is that it doesn't recreate Loss.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Hexel posted:

isktars in deklein was the golden age of eve pve :colbert:

Back in 2012 there were kind goons who'd drop containers with the coords to the sites they just ratted for newbees to salvage. I made absurd amounts of isk in a Noctis until I got ganked one day.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

ullerrm posted:

I mean, props to them, they got them out. Morale improved. But I suspect that once the endorphin rush dies down, it's going to be a mixed bag. On one hand, they got about a third of their titans out. On the other hand, they only got 1/3rd of the bottom group out, and at a fairly high price.

PAPI claims to have over a thousand dreads cached; assuming that wasn't a boast, they can blow half of that cache on replacing tonight's losses. So, at best, they can only do a stunt like this one more time before they're cashed out. (And it'll take a few days before they can really do it again. They need to move that cache up to T5. Plus, PAPI policy is to only replace the hull/rigs, so the ~500 capitals that died today will mean their players forking out for replacing mods/fuel/implants, etc. and get those moved up as well.)

It'll take months to replenish that dread cache -- capitals take a long time to build, and doing so means burning down their mineral reserves, which are an extremely precious resource at the moment given CCP's current Starvation design.

But, all that aside, looking forward to the next N months: What does having those titans enable that wasn't possible before? They still have another 200ish titans trapped in M2, which means their supercap fleet is still not at full strength; until it is, they are going to be avoiding anything that could lead to a supercap slugfest (hitting keepstars, etc). In many ways, having a massive dread ball was a far more useful tool for making progress in Delve -- HAW dreads for fighting HAC fleets, SR dreads for killing FAX hackers, etc. -- than a handful of titans. So it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Oddly enough, it also looks like the majority of the titans that escaped were FRT, which is a weird thing; if anything, future breakouts would benefit from having more AUTZ pilots in M2, not fewer.

Isn't FRT getting heavily engaged up north in their home space though? Maybe they decided they needed their titans to go north?

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Collateral Damage posted:

The titan that died was already badly damaged when it logged in and died to the fortizar. Some PH guy bombed it to clear bubbles and since structures can't get killmails... :v:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/90283791/

Thinking about that scene from the Negotiator with Samuel Jackson where he takes hostages, one of whom happens to be a dirty cop that gets assassinated in a botched breeching attempt to prevent that dirty cop from talking to Samuel Jackson about what he knows about the other dirty cops.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Pretty rad dad pad posted:

gentle reminder that the dude you're quoting spent like three years ratting up a titan in dek, never did anything other than rat and complain in that period, then quit in a firestorm of bitchy posts and fled to TEST the instant his ratting system got attacked

the only thing worth giving a poo poo about his opinions on are Guristas

This origin story adds a lot of flavor to their shitposts. It makes reading them less painful and more amusing.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Agrikk posted:

With the loss of the ihub, this means that they can put up their own and start the 35-day clock until their jammer can come online. Right?

TEST put up the new ihub and we have 35 days to gently caress with it in a system we actively hellcamp. :shrug:

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

redbrouw posted:

Is really too bad we couldn't put up our own jammer before they could do this.

Yeah papi had to take this objective or else they would have been really hosed on getting the rest of the 150 or so titans out of system. I'm not surprised they pulled in every character they could to make sure they had this. They needed this more than we did, and we accomplished other objectives elsewhere in Delve from what I saw/heard, too. Being outnumbered as we were it wasn't a bad day, imo.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Now maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but if your game requires players running multiple accounts to make any amount of reasonable ingame money then maybe that game isn't very well balanced. :ccp:

I know I sure as poo poo don't want to gently caress around with more than one account, or even more than one character. I don't have time for that.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

ASAPI posted:

Someone educate me on a few things.

Went on a trip in an Interceptor and was confused by what I saw in Fountain. Why are there so many systems with no Ihubs? Why are most of the systems empty? I think I saw more goons in the "conquered" systems than papi.

Isn't it in their best interest to install an Ihub? Is there some kind of special skill/ship needed to install them? Why don't they have nooblets installing them, ratting, building, etc? The index on most of these systems is nothing.

Likely due to the fact that they're too busy accomplishing very little in Delve while a couple of the major partners in their coalition are having to redeploy to their home space to put out fires.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

:nice:

I'd buy that for a dollar.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

I didn't know that the "War of Content™" just meant shitposting. Reddit can't even win that one.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

I'm team Dick-lean.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Dalmuti posted:

you can rat to your hearts content in w6v

weather in querious is mighty fine

Yeah I moved my Myrmidon and Noctis further out into Querious and rat when I need quick cash/just to kill time. There's one random red that stays logged in but they're almost always AFK tethered on their tartara.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Suxpool posted:

generally in a war of attrition you want the enemy to atrophy

Does atrophy of the mind count?

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Warrior Princess posted:

“Just wait until we attack 1dq.” -The idiots who fed around 30 trillion on a backwater krabbing keepstar while still failing to kill it

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

School Nickname posted:

At least he can get SRP, unlike some TEST titan pilots.

Even for that ship?

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

SpaceDrake posted:

It's 25m SRP, but sure, no problem. :v:

:honk:

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

The Claptain posted:

ATTENTION GOONS: Can the driver of https://zkillboard.com/kill/90523977/ contact the reimbursement director to collect his 25mil in shitstack payout. We'll get you right back on your feet buddy, don't worry! :siren: :siren: :siren:

~~~ This was a broadcast from atrum_veneficus to all at 2021-02-06 22:14:51.488832 EVE ~~~

That's beautiful.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

If it lets you "anchor" without having to rely on a single character to anchor with, then it's going to be extremely powerful.

Yeah I'll be glad to be in a fleet where if papi decides to headshot our FC we don't necessarily need a "back up" FC to re-anchor on.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Eh, Jabber is fine. Mumble is okay. As long as whatever comes down the pipe is moron-proof so I can use it I'll be happy.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

PathAsc posted:

I still lol at the idea of paying a monthly fee to fuckin discord of all things

Hey, some of us can't help but make poor decisions. :colbert:

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

brain hurty

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

orange juche posted:

I read his posts and my brain starts hurting.

I'm sure someone's gonna come in with a MLYP.

much like your posting

I'm helping. :frogbon:

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

410,000,000,000 dead muninns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

You know what, I'm convinced! We should only use the in-game communications for coordination. Absolutely foolproof and no need to spend money hosting other means of communication. Can't pay spy networks 12B per quarter to do ingame email relays!!!