Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Traditional Games is it's own main forum now. That MUD thread is in Retro Games, a subforum of Video Games. Very fun thread to read and reminisce in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

FrostyPox posted:

I've tried a couple of random MUDs but bounced off pretty hard.
A couple of my friends were die hard into this cyberpunk mud and I was watching one 9f them play once
Their character had locked their keys in their car so another random player in the zone offered to pick the lock. He crit failed and immediately got electrocuted to death lmao

haha

MUDs do seem to be a pretty hard sell on gameplay alone, but the stories that come out of them can't be beat.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Can someone help me please? There was an MMOG way back where you piloted a fighter in factional pvp and there were giant carriers and stuff to take down and I cannot for the life of me remember what it was called.

TIA

Reminds me of Battlestar Galactica Online, both an MMO and browser based. Played it on Kongregate. The monetization model sucked rear end but you could play as Human or Cylon which was pretty awesome.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

NickHotS posted:

Monsters & Memories is holding our first Public Stress Test this weekend.

- Friday, April 28th, 9pm-1am EDT
- Saturday, April 29th, 1pm-5pm EDT (with the possibility to extend this session an additional four hours)
- Possibility to add a Bonus Session on Sunday, April 30th

Account Creation and Game Download is LIVE at: https://account.monstersandmemories.com/

Hope to see some of you there!

Tried this as an Ogre Shadow Knight and had a blast doing the new MMO discovery at the same time as dozens of others. Taking a note to a guild master, navigating a city without an ingame map, getting a runspeed buff that abbreviates to SoW... classic vibes. Good times.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Kaysette posted:

LotRO just launched new forums, glad they understand what their player base wants.

DDO did the same, and in the process nuked 15+ years of search results and bookmarks.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Last King posted:

has anyone tried the last descendant? is it just another warframe clone?

Yes, and sort of. The gameplay loop is a Destiny clone, the game systems are ripped straight out of Warframe. I also wouldn't call any of the 3 an MMO.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

junan_paalla posted:

mmo player housing, but it's an apartment complex that just keeps piling on more and more floors as players buy apartments

Sim Tower: The MMO!

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

FrostyPox posted:

https://www.pcgamer.com/games/mmo/c...release-target/

It's gonna be great, everyone knows a game that takes 12 years to develop is always awesome. Look at Duke Nukem Forever!

quote:

It's interesting that Unchained seems to have Unreal-style aspirations for its game engine. The field is already dominated by heavyweights like Unity and Unreal Engine, with various proprietary engines filling in the spaces, and I have a hard time imagining that the Unchained Engine will be able to find space for itself beyond Unchained's own games unless it does something really special.

And it may—but the first game to use it, Final Stand: Ragnarok, has not exactly made a big splash so far. It's been in early access on Steam since October 2021 and has thus far garnered just six user reviews and a peak concurrent player count of 32. That's obviously more a reflection of the game than the underlying technology, but even so it does suggest that it's not doing anything that immediately grabs attention.

Brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

"even though"? because :unsmigghh: