Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

cavallingus posted:

I think Nagy will surprise people

He kind of already did, what with the relevations...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.

Jim Schwartz: as you can see, when the front 4 generate pressure, my scheme of having the corners play off and bite on the first move is very effective.

Kirk Van Houten: But what about when the front 4 doesn't get pressure and the receivers run double moves?

Schwartz: Well, the secondary....then they'll just uh...

Kirk: Uh, excuse me, you didn't answer me. You just trailed off.

Schwartz: Yeah, I kind of did trail off there.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.
Nick Foles will be available next year as well, as the Eagles won't keep him for $20 million in 2019.

"Jags sign former SB MVP QB" not the worst off-season headline if they're ready to move on from Bortles.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.

latinotwink1997 posted:

I’d understand bidding wars on proven talent but not unknown/unproven entities. I guess what I’m asking is, has any team ever given a coach a 10-year deal besides Gruden, even if they were proven winners?

The Eagles gave Joe Kucharich a 15-year contract extension after going 9-5 in 1966. It did not turn out well.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.

FizFashizzle posted:

wow.

what is really the point though?

Guy can spend the holidays with his family instead of watching film for some meaningless Week 16/17 games?

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.
I know the entire team is hurt and Mark Sanchez is getting meaningful snaps, but does 34-0 in the first half bump Jay Gruden to moderate/hot?

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.

Sickening posted:

Moving away from reid was a disaster that through chance turned into something after an embarrassing ride. People keep bringing this up like it was the secret to success. Maybe, just maybe, the eagles would have even had more success by keep their great coach.

Perhaps they could even be defending Super Bowl champs!

Reid should always be remembered as one of the greatest Eagles coaches who ushered in their greatest level of sustained success. It was also absolutely time for both parties to move on after 14 years.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.
If Hue does become the head coach in Cincinnati, how do you sell that to the fans?

Like, I understand you can explain it as Cleveland didn't have the talent they have now, but still--1-31 over two years.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.

Happens to a lot of guys as they get older and have more responsibilities and different interests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.
He can't get enough of those linebackers that spent time at Rutgers.