Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Looper posted:

i can respect wanting the game to end with possum springs in flames. gregg and angus want nothing more than to leave as soon as they possibly can, it's heavily implied that your homeless buddy kills himself when the city council makes it clear they don't want him in their town, everyone is just in general kind of miserable

He was killed by the cult, they make that pretty clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Where's my new loving Animal Crossing Nintendo

Its been 5 years

You'll get a gatchapon game and you'll LIKE IT

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

My eyes hurt after about 15 minutes of VR, so it's not something i'm interested in until they deal with the headsets.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

oddium posted:

ah there's an option to create nick robinson too

lol

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Accordion Man posted:

And just before he left Blizzard Chris Metzen was able to put his childhood OC into Overwatch.

Living the dream.

Was it Widowmaker?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Verranicus posted:

Don't suppose anyone here can suggest some decent romhacks of games like Fire Emblem or Pokemon on GBA? I know a ton exist but life is short and I'd sooner avoid the stinkers.

The 4chan one, Pokemon sage, is really good.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Darkoni posted:

Isn't that the one with a 9/11 pokemon?

Nah that's clover, the other one.

Sage is really good.

look at this good-rear end boi

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Hopefully in this new game she can finally admit to herself that she loves murdering people

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It's almost like corporations don't actually care about social issues and use them as marketing tactics instead :ssh:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

al-azad posted:

I wish this dumb cat would attempt to cover his land mines he's just sitting here with a smug grin on his face as I gag to death.

Cats have to be taught to do that iirc. It's a thing they do in the wild to prevent predators from being able to find their droppings, they won't do it if they aren't taught how to.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Verranicus posted:

Burial at Sea? Most people I know seemed to like it.

You're a madman. It's exceptionally terrible.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

GABE GET OUT IM REVIEWING

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The dirty old gamer came 'round valve HQ
To demand some new games to which he could view.

"Show me the games, the dirty, the lewd!
I want to see that girl in the nude!"

Gaben complied, though meek, and demurred,
"My goodness, my gracious, how awful absurd!"

"To think my small platform be filled with lewd games,
For perverts! My word! And shared all the same!"

"The breasts, oh, the asses!" The gamer exclaimed,
"My dick is erect, Lord Gaben be praised!"

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

I do prefer dynamic characters to static ones.

His relationship with Rinoa is 100% abusive toxic poo poo though. Its exactly the kind of example you DON'T want to set for teenagers.

I have no problem with the ellipses as it is, I'm used to that kinda poo poo in anime.

But stuff like Irvine going like "Hey Squall, Rinoa is gonna die!" and Squall is like "lol she's dumb"

That's... not good.

Yeah their relationship is legitimately awful and it's one of the few bad things about the game.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

I would like to know more about this toxic Squall x Rinoa business

I haven't played the game in forever so I may be wrong but there's a real sudden shift in disc 3 where squall falls in love with Riona after she's been taken over by ulticima, even though up until that point he's just been a belligerent dick. It's a very odd shift that happens like 2/3 of the way through the story and it isn't really built up at all iirc.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

chumbler posted:

Squall knew he couldn't handle Quistis.

Quistis is extremely into vore so it was the right move

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I guess I was watching a Let's Play of Yakuza 0 so I couldn't really focus on the music, but I feel like there should have been more of this. I only remember Miracle Johnson and that one band where the guy "never even saw a boob"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IernJ-2gZ_U

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

god this song is such a fuckin banger

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It just needed to be built up more in the lead-up, I think.

The other thing that's bad about the game is the ending

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

Don't forget the fact that Irving didn't forget, he just didn't mention it because he didn't think it was important

This actually makes his inability to shoot her make sense, but also calls into question why he didn't tell Squall this in the tower.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The Shortest Path posted:

Yes but you've already established you have bad taste.

That happened? :chloe:

I kinda liked her voice tbh.

She also plays Sydney in Payday 2, and has a pager line where she does the Vanile voice.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

lol a statue and a framed picture.

What have you done for your waifu lately???

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I am instantly taken back to the BYOND days

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

oddium posted:

post your best neopets

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1043119423798824961

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I feel like if there are time police they have a department that solely exists to make sure no one kills Hitler, because everyone would want to do it and it would gently caress with the timeline something fierce.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Nintendo put that crown in the game and now they have to live with it.

chumbler posted:

Obvious answer is the latter.

Agreed

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

this game has its problems but it's a crying shame that something so ambitious is getting so little buzz

I can't wait for you to beat the game so I can see your reaction to the ending and if that affects your thoughts on the game.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Macaluso posted:

So Bane is meant to be like, a joke villain right? I’ve never seen the third one but I can’t imagine that voice is meant to be used in any serious capacity

Bane is one of Batman's most dangerous and competent villains. Tom Hardy just does a voice because of the mask.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Well it's a bad voice and makes him sound like a silly oaf

It's really fun to do though!

Macaluso posted:

Also what the hell is that comic it is grossing me out

Mushrooms have latticed underbellies; with the revelation that toadette is basically just Peach that means....

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Shantae for smash baybee

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Apparently there is now a #princess king boo for Luigi and the fanbases of bowsette / booette are now fighting

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

pay, benefits, retirement money, actually pretty easy if you aren't in combat, travel, order, etc

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

well i thought the bowser stuff was the only fetish material i would experience today but welp

Kirby turns them into stars, how is this different

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

reaching the end of jimmy & the pulsating mass

jimmy is clearly in a hospital bed, this fuckin game is really going to pull the "dying cancer dream" twist on me god drat it

lol I told you bro, that's why you haven't heard anyone talk about it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I mean most people don't have a room they can dedicate to VR so I fail to see how it's supposed to have this big "watershed" moment.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

I think someone should make a game where you play as an NPC that's slowly gaining independence.

Like, you you slowly have to figure out how to do things other than your programmed routine, learn how to say things other than your canned responses, cope with the reality that all of your friends and families are automatons and the only other sentient creatures are off fighting existential evils.

My friend, let me tell you about 2017's runner up GOTY Doki Doki Literature Club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The Colonel posted:

doki doki literature club's big meta gimmick isn't exactly even unique among vns, though its popularity might've contributed to the existing example of the same gimmick getting translated into english

I mean I've played Irisu Syndrome and Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi, both games which tackle the same poo poo in similar ways (I'd argue that Kimi does it betterthan DDLC) but I really enjoyed the writing in DDLC enough to rank it as one of my favorites from last year.

• Locked thread