Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/NightInTheWoods/status/1035757037832024064

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

:psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

Maybe they played a hacked version of the game?? ????????

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

hot take: Night in the Woods was the best game to come out in the year that had things like Mario Odyssey and Zelda and NeiR and whatever :colbert:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I wish the written part of Polygon didn't suck because I like a lot of the personalities on the youtube Polygon (although I'm pretty sure most of them are also writers), and of course until recently youtube polygon was the home of those good good McElroys

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Everyone forget the bad lootbox article and remember the best part of Polygon.

Peacecraft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqEGdSEOAis

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I know the year still isn't over yet and there's still a handful of games till to come out, including Smash Bros, but Celeste is still the best game of the year in case anyone was wondering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKnwVvXkWq0

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

In Training posted:

its Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

No it’s Celeste

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

is it weird that they’d play a trailer in english at a japanese convention

It's kind of refreshing from all the Kingdom Hearts footage they keep showing that's all in japanese

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

So Bane is meant to be like, a joke villain right? I’ve never seen the third one but I can’t imagine that voice is meant to be used in any serious capacity

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Grapplejack posted:

Bane is one of Batman's most dangerous and competent villains. Tom Hardy just does a voice because of the mask.

Well it's a bad voice and makes him sound like a silly oaf

Also what the hell is that comic it is grossing me out

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I doubled dipped on Celeste because I love it and got it on Steam. I decided to check out the modding scene and see what player made stages there are.

Boy there sure isn't a single good one huh

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

a messed up horse posted:

im sorry everybody but horney nintendo pictures are now illegal

actually horny is now the law

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

This owns

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The REAL Goobusters posted:

dont worry it only means that you don't want to fucker bowser

Ummm he should probably worry more in that case

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Hi five if you can't hear "our birthright" in anything other than the Darkest Dungeon narrator's voice

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Okay folks, I still haven't played Metal Gear Solid 5. I've looked at very little of the game, I've seen the thing with the whale though.

I've heard people say it's a good game but it's not a god Metal Gear Solid game. I loving love 1-4, the first one still being my favorite, but I love all of them. But a lot of that is also in the story and characters and feel of the games. Does MGS5 deviate so far from MGS that it might as well not be an MGS game anymore? What makes it still feel like an MGS game or not?

It's like 20 bucks now, but I still am very on the fence about it because I don't want to just play any ol' game, I want to play number 5 in the Metal Gear Solid series

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

corn in the bible posted:

The open world just adds pointless traveling and most of the bases are identical.

oddium posted:

it's definitely metal gear but i don't think the open world works in its favor. also the bosses are bad

Yeah the open world aspect is a thing that was a BIG turn off when I'd hear about the game. But I'm willing to still give a shot if it's still otherwise a MGS game

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

PantsBandit posted:

I still don't like pikachu.

:hmmyes: :hmmyes: :hmmyes: :hmmyes: :hmmyes: :hmmyes: :hmmyes: :hmmyes: :hmmyes:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Just starting MGSV. Why... are there no actual sound options? There's two whole options: "custom soundtrack volume" (???) and "audio guidance" (???). Why is there not a sound effects, music, etc sliders because the sound effects are loving LOUD AS poo poo while the dialogue is WAY quieter. That's kind of ridiculous

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I was thinking three things watching this

One: This guy likes Xbox and... Gears of War (:wtc:) way too much
Two: His entire setup is a failure because he doesn't have a dedicated shrine room for god's perfect console, the Nintendo Switch
Three: That collection would not be worth all the dusting it would require

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Ometeotl posted:

Reopen the Smash thread, you coward

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Well here's a weird bug I ran into in MGSV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfQL11vE0tY

I couldn't get out of the menu cause it wanted to do a tutorial thing, but I had no idea how to do the tutorial because Ocelot's instructions were being overridden by his being-punched-at dialogue. I have no idea how i caused Snake to start punching while opening up the map thing either :shrug:

Also does the entire game take place in Afghanistan? For reference I just extracted Miller and am on the base learning the balloon thing. I will say I'm super NOT digging it so far, both the gameplay and the setting. It just doesn't feel like a MGS game so far outside of the wacky poo poo that happened at the start. Something about the gameplay just felt really off and I didn't enjoy that initial saving Miller thing in that desert base. The best part was the chase through the fog afterwards. But maybe it'll pick up

Also a horse? Get out of here with a HORSE

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

suuma posted:

I can't imagine finally getting to play an mgs that isn't hallways and hiding in cabinets to avoid alerts and then being mad at it

I enjoyed all those things

edit: Like, MGS1, the original one not even Twin Snakes, is my favorite of the first four by a mile

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Andrast posted:

Favorite because of the gameplay?

Yes.

I also really liked the setting, and the boss fights, and the characters, and whatever. I love MGS1 to death, but all four are great. V just doesn't have the same feeling to me, with the exception funny enough, of the hospital at the start where you are literally trying to escape through hallways :v:

But again I'm also very early in the game

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

Hey Macaluso did you play Ground Zeroes first? It had more of an indoor/halls/buildings focus

I didn't, I forgot that was a thing before I started playing MGSV

edit: I should state that I'm not saying MGSV is a bad GAME, but it just doesn't feel like MGS to me, at least so far. Except for the beginning section

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Sep 30, 2018

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Post more videos of the KITTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'm playing through Celeste for the third time this year and it's been several months since I played and I am loving up such simple platforming stuff that I mastered the last time and it is very frustrating

• Locked thread