Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Man, I loved this chapter. But I didn't learn about Zefr's Breeze ability until long after I beat the game--I didn't like Runic Gale at all and didn't use her enough to get her to 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Xander77 posted:

I forget - did we ever have a brief explanation of what gloomwardens actually do?

He's got a mix of Direguards and Gloomwardens in there, (or rather, one Gloomwarden and a million Direguards,) so here's and Official Banner Saga Wiki entry for each:

FairGame's in hard mode, so the listed numbers are lower than he was dealing with.

aegof fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Oct 2, 2018

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

queserasera posted:

I'm really hoping Eyvind wasn't teaching Alette how to faen things up like he did.

I wouldn't worry. I'm sure it took many years of training to learn how to do that so well.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

They probably could've spent a couple more boxes on that twist with Tolir and Canary. I had no idea what Tolir was when I got here, and I saw plenty of confusion online at the time. Would've been a better cliffhanger for the Aberrang caravan for me if I knew what they were talking about.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Bloodletter's an obvious choice for Alette, but Monster Killer seems like it'd be a good time with some ranks in it, too. Bloodletter's way more economical, of course, which is a lot of points in its favor.

Torrannor posted:

Also, one question: How can there be any snow left when the sun stopped overhead for months now?? How is there not so much more ecological devastation, instead of nearly all environmental damage seemingly being caused by the snake and the darkness?

A wizard hosed everything up.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Petrus is a great unit. But I'm glad there's an achievement for using him, or I'd probably have skipped him for more familiar characters.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

I think Fasolt's just looking for someone to blame and, and it can't be his dead king so it has to be Rook, or Alette. He was "dead" by the time we left, so he probably doesn't have all the details of the battle.

My Rook left without touching the bridge, and Fasolt was still pissed off here, because I left.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

If you don't put your best +Move title on Petrus, Apostate is another decent choice. 15+ strength and disease on melee attacks can do some work.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

megane posted:

Can you get here without blowing up the bridge? It gave you the option to just gently caress off and leave, right?

Yeah. Fasolt's behavior doesn't change at all, except he blames you for leaving, instead.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

When thinking about Rugga in terms of his interest in/ability for leadership, let's recall the state Boersgard was in when we arrived. And it was considered a garbage place for garbage people before the world started ending.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

ultrafilter posted:

Is there any way to reach the black sun before the counter hits zero?

I've seen people claim to have done so.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Considering how many places Egil can die in the first game, I think it'd be kinda off for him not to get killed in Onef's betrayal.

Though honestly? Until my Alette died in 3, and I caught the "bring people back to life" bit, I thought it was a little weak that Oddleif survived Onef.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

It's a huge shame the combat system is so frustrating and offputting to so many people. I enjoyed it but something less experimental might've done wonders.

Thanks for showing so much of the game, Fair Play.