Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46bplVwXI5Y

He expunges criminal records and gives employment advice.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

DogonCrook posted:

I know this peice of poo poo haha he used to be a customer of mine. I did not know this was the bullshit he was up to. Tbh i might give him a call and tell him what a pathetic peice of ahit he is i did not know he was this much of a low class bitch hahahahaha. Lol you should hear this guy talk, im in the art industry hes always trying to wedge his needle dick in, haha this is surreal. Well i can tell you this a lot of people are going to chuckle over this who have an entierly different impression of him lol. What a bitch.

He fancies himself a photographer. That's probably why he takes stealing of hitler photos so seriously. :colbert:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I think numberoneposter needs to get in here and explain himself to lowtax.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

quote:

Higbee, who recently started offering a Copypants-like reverse-image search service through his firm’s own website, makes no apologies for his aggressive pursuit of all sorts of copyright infringement. “These cases settle outside of court in very high percentages,” he says. “Probably 75 to 80 percent of these cases that we take will resolve outside of court.” Those that do go before a judge are usually quickly resolved well before trial, he adds.

“Because copyright law is so clear and the facts are usually indisputable as to whether someone has taken an image without a license, it rarely goes to court, because there’s not much for the court to have to decide,” he says. “The parties know what they own and the parties know what they don’t own. The parties know what they took without a license and what they didn’t take.”

https://www.fastcompany.com/40494777/here-come-the-copyright-robots-for-hire-with-lawyers-in-tow

Also, he's very vocal about liking trump on his tweeter.

Pretty cool dude.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

People who don't get out much, and haven't ever been in trouble with the law, get really scared/panicked. And then they're vulnerable to scams like this.

Cops use this to scare bs confessions out of folks too.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

The justice system is a massive extortionist syndicate.

The first time I got arrested as a kid a lawyer got me to pay him 1,000 dollars to get me out of it. He was buddies with the prosecutor and when I went to court they dropped it down to nothing and I walked out.

Now I can easily see what kind of scam they were running (the defense lawyer used to be the judge, the judge used to be a defense lawyer, the prosecutor too). They just kinda rotated jobs every few years.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I wonder if they sued these guys yet? https://nypost.com/2016/04/05/dad-who-named-kid-hitler-is-tired-of-being-treated-like-garbage/

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I have several things to contact them about.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

It'd be super funny if we all uploaded these hitler images under the name higbee and associates so that any search of the firm would just turn up hitler photos.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Egbert Souse posted:

Does it matter at all that the image was copyrighted two days after it was published in an article by the New York Post?

I believe it's copywrited the moment it's created.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

I won't share where I go hitler spotting.

Argentina?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bariloche

• Locked thread