Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

helta posted:

Wishing: book

no drook book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe
twoday, you need to do a new page for the tweet you made today with Elon crylaughing in response. lmao

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Spergin Morlock posted:

twoday, you need to do a new page for the tweet you made today with Elon crylaughing in response. lmao

What

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I finally had the opportunity to read BOOK, and it was glorius.The memories of all the little moments; the little "this user as permabanned" under cumshitter's and Baloogan's names; all the trups and tlrumps.

My mom also took a look,and immediately thought it was made by/for a crazy person, so I have to say you did a really amazing job.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Scallop Eyes posted:

I finally had the opportunity to read BOOK, and it was glorius.The memories of all the little moments; the little "this user as permabanned" under cumshitter's and Baloogan's names; all the trups and tlrumps.

My mom also took a look,and immediately thought it was made by/for a crazy person, so I have to say you did a really amazing job.

moms always know

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Our own twoday, author of BOOK, got Elon to respond to a tweet of his.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1603610973444534272?s=20&t=w9XRS0KW1ZXfDW-vgbaahg

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Squinky v2.0 posted:

I had my Book sitting on an end table and had some folks over for the holiday. this woman recognized the cover image and started leafing through it. I just said it was “some guy on the internet” and she said she loved it & her husband just had to see it.

he works in publishing, specifically political stuff. lots of politicians and general political sphere grifters any cspam poster would know. he gave it a pretty thorough look over for several minutes while everyone else was watching football, silently put it down on the table, and then did not in any way acknowledge what he had just looked it or even that he had looked at anything at all.

this makes me so happy

twoday
May 4, 2005

WampaLord posted:

I think I said something about it being the pure id expression of an internet forum during the Trump era, as well as it being a way for a guy to practice old-style calligraphy (I even mentioned how it had little drawings in the margins like the way monks used to do Bibles), she was surprisingly on board with that explanation and found the book intriguing.

So yeah, keep the book out on date night, let its power aid you.

I was dating someone while writing it and had mentioned that I was writing a book and had to completely skirt the issue every time it was questioned, and when she found a big pile of awkward I berky awkwardly pushed it aside and said not to worry about it

twoday
May 4, 2005

respect

twoday
May 4, 2005

helta posted:

No book?

yeah sorry they are in a warehouse in another country and ai have little control over it and I feel very bad that a few of them got lost in the mail, but folks, I think it's happening and I will be able to make another shipment soon, aive been working on it

twoday
May 4, 2005

Scallop Eyes posted:

thanks, this is everything I hoped for tbh

twoday
May 4, 2005

DMCrimson posted:

Our own twoday, author of BOOK, got Elon to respond to a tweet of his.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1603610973444534272?s=20&t=w9XRS0KW1ZXfDW-vgbaahg

wow way to doxx me idiot im gonna ban you

also my inbox has been filled with the worst reply guy arguments Ive ever seen, I get like 1000 notifications per hour it's been hell

twoday
May 4, 2005

Dustcat posted:

moms always know

uhh??? mods???

please change the thread title to

[book] The Book of C-SPAM: Moms always know

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Squinky v2.0 posted:

I had my Book sitting on an end table and had some folks over for the holiday. this woman recognized the cover image and started leafing through it. I just said it was “some guy on the internet” and she said she loved it & her husband just had to see it.

he works in publishing, specifically political stuff. lots of politicians and general political sphere grifters any cspam poster would know. he gave it a pretty thorough look over for several minutes while everyone else was watching football, silently put it down on the table, and then did not in any way acknowledge what he had just looked it or even that he had looked at anything at all.

that’s wassup

twoday
May 4, 2005

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

twoday posted:

wow way to doxx me idiot im gonna ban you

also my inbox has been filled with the worst reply guy arguments Ive ever seen, I get like 1000 notifications per hour it's been hell

make the page

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Pisssssssssssssss sssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssss sssssssss sssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssassssasssssss sssssssssssssssssssssss sss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssss sssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssss ssss ssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssss

twoday
May 4, 2005

I'm not worthy of being in the book

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

twoday posted:

I'm not worthy of being in the book

Elon is

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Lol no he isn't.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

Carth Dookie posted:

Lol no he isn't.

what do you think 'worthy' means in this context? lol

twoday
May 4, 2005

Carth Dookie posted:

Lol no he isn't.

:hmmyes:

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Book?

No book!

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
Somebody get this goon BOOK!

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.
Treasuring my book

Hope you all get your book soon.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Checked mail box.... no book! Maybe one day book?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

helta posted:

Checked mail box.... no book! Maybe one day book?

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Thinking about that book....where book though? Book mail? Mail book? No book.... where art thou?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I think it's you and me against the world postal system

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE
I am also no book come I will join your crew we can wander the earth, bookless

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Team BOOK

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

2DCAT posted:

Team BOOK

Inspector Hound