Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

twoday do you have a last will and testament or something to ensure that this artwork survives should you succumb to the corvids or to the general pandemonium of 2020

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

twoday posted:

If I die, burn everything.

okay

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

twoday posted:

"I will continue to update the book of c-spam until the next election"

*finger on monkey paw curls, twoday is forced to write the book for the rest of his life*

lol you're gonna be the wandering cspammer, roaming the wastelands for three thousand years

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

the presdient is beautiful. twoday you are beautiful. the entire world is beauty. beauty and sorrow. and lies. and jagged knives. and 20 million tons of crude oil. and a fire.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

etalian posted:

The latest Comet Ping Pong franchise expansion sure looks weird.

i certainly would not risk it for the brisket

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

with the new super duper missiles we could do it

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

twoday posted:

So there are two ways I could go about this.

The first is the traditional way, getting a printer like Print Ninja, where I have to order a minimum of 250 books and pay upfront. It seems like the quality would be high, and it would be cheaper, but then I have to fork up several thousand dollars upfront (I am broke af and behind on rent so that's not really an option), and then I could sign them, and edit them by hand and do some other nice things to them. But besides the main problem with this of having to pay up front, there is another problem - that I don't know how many copies I would sell. So I might end up with either too few or too many. Another problem is shipping, this would make the shipping really expensive because I have to ship them from europe (18 to 24 euros per book).

The other option is to use a company like lulu, which is a bit more expensive per book (so I will make less money off of it unless I jack up the price), and I think the quality of the books will be slightly less nice, but they print on demand and then also ship the book (and also list it on sites like amazon and barnes and noble, lol), so the shipping is much cheaper because the books never pass through my hands. Then I can't sign them either, or do some other stuff I wanted to do to them.

Right now the second option seems like the easiest. But I guess I could make a kickstarter or something and try for the first option. Thoughts?

a kickstarter with a minimum viable target would make sense, just don't discount the labor and hassle involved in shipping too. maybe kickstarter could hook you up with a fulfillment service? if there's enough volume you might be able to ship the books to the us and then have the service mail them on to our american posters

you should find out from pancakes how many hats he ended up making, because that'll give you some idea how many books you might sell

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

twoday posted:

does anyone have any good quotes to put on the back of the cover?

"Says who?" -- Michael Cohen

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

"Leibowitz, more like Leibobitch, twoday is who you should chant the canticle for."

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

lmao

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

pledged for a leather bound book, i hope it's gonna be horsehide

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

twoday posted:

I can do that, do you want the hair on or off?

I think I also have a goat hide

:five:

hair on would be incredibly creepy, so if that's practical, yes please!

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

twoday posted:

oh no worries, I can make something really weird, someone's grandma died and left them with a bunch of random animal pelts which they gave to me, which I now keep in my attic

ooh, what's the weirdest pelt in your hoard? i was thinking horse would be thematically appropriate since the vice president is very fond of them, but then manafort liked to wear $15,000 ostrich skin coats

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

twoday posted:

I haven't been up there in a while but I think there was a mottled baby goat hide

i suppose the baby goat's not using it anymore... but nah, i'll go with horsehide. the horse knew what it signed up for

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

this is an amazing ratio of dollars per backer and shows imho first and foremost that the average cspam poster greatly values artifacts bound in the treated hides of fellow mammals even though the information content is no different from that of a paper edition

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

on the plus side, twoday having to manually bind 50 books is probably going to gain through his labors a skill that will be useful in the post trump world

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

y'all laugh now, but the ability to take the skin off a random animal and turn it into an embossed book cover with donald trump's face on it will earn twoday several dozen portions a day in another few years

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

that block's journey was a miracle and i bet it has healing powers now, though probably cursed with a 5% chance of driving the user insane

but i know if i spent $2000 on it, my wife would take away my internet access forever

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

cast the excess books into the sea and document the amazing ways every one of them finds its way back to you

keep an eye out for any new pages that might appear about events that have not yet come to pass

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

these are neat

incidentally, those little bumps of glass on their goblets are called "prunts"

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

twoday posted:

Anyway he goes on to say that every proper curse is sealed with a nail that is hammered through it, which “affixes“ the curse. So I’m going to do that to all the fancy books of c-spam now.

oh no please don't tell me my creepy chronicle of this accursed era handbound in hairy horsehide carries a curse

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Nebakenezzer posted:

Are they ergonomic bumps to make it easier to grip?

yes, but also decorational

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

twoday posted:

I’m going to use the Kickstarter money to make a down payment on this TRUMF brand industrial laser chamber and then use that to make the books:

TRUMF will lock her up in the TruLaser Cell

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

laser cavity rods are cool

i bought a ring fashioned out of a laser YAG crystal from that turtle goon who sells jewelry on etsy and it's a neat fluorescent yellow

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

fitting that gold leaf glue would be manufactured by a guy named bourgeois

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Inspector Hound posted:

Wouldn't the force of that kind of thrust immediately destroy the craft and/or anyone inside.

an engineer familiar with newton's laws would probably be involved in the process of designing an actual craft around the engine

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

twoday posted:

I think I am gonna distribute the books myself

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i'm glad you're correcting the typos, i can't believe you misspelled trmpo

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

twoday posted:

delaying publication until the end of january was the best loving decision

but also lamo at trying to figure out how to commemorate this

Homocow posted:

that guy who tazed his own balls has to go in the book of turmp

maybe a bayeux tapestry type page depicting all the various events of the storming of the capitol

honestly this is probably the most significant event of trump's term so far so it would even merit a double page

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Wrex Ruckus posted:

which one got twoday?

kil'd by several accidents

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i'm glad to see several accidents can't keep twoday down

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

it was the curse of the swan heart that did him in

i knew he should have sent it to the queen of england to eat

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YAuCKPeytg&t=375s

twoday where's my book

release the pdf

send me the horsehide i will bind the damned thing myself

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

hell yea

stay safe scribe

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

thalweg posted:

I realize now this is not the actual reading books thread

we're hoping to read a book very soon

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

twoday needs your prayers

he got covid again and on the way to the hospital he broke his wrist and then got trapped in the hospital stairwell for two days

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

cspam when cspam gets the book of cspam

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

hell yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

yes... ha ha ha