Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

really dumb of this thing to hit during my sleeptime..

it'll be interesting to see what this all looks like in the sunshine and as it blows thorough the rest of the the country.

is there a preferred weathergeddon discord as hurricane 2020 season kicks off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

wilderthanmild posted:

This is actually a thing that we've seen in weather threads before here, but that seems to be done wrong.

but is it a thing that works
I would have strapped across the roof hte other way not the way they did. No I wouldn't do it at all I dont think it's goign to help much in winds that'll take off your roof it'll probaby uproot the trees you're also strapped to.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Americans are dumb.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

just only plant those pine trees i guess
bing bong

They should make the homes out of the same stuff the pine trees are made of!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Good streamers right now? I know it's not a crazy slawd cane but I wanna stare at windshield wipers.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

right I'm in upstate ny and i usually have to nver worry about my lawn going brown, this summer I've cut it very little I think it's been a month and only my back lawn needs a cut.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

UnknownTarget posted:

Didn't Trump deplete the FEMA funds to pay for extra UI because Congress is a shitshow?

Buckle up your butts if this thing hits NO. Gonna make for great content.

Who needs FEMA?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

welp it's happeenninnnggg!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

where's jeff now.. he's down.
is there another good hurricane thread?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

So um like after the 3-4 remaining greek names?

Aaron?
b-bitch it's 2020
Ccrap out of ideas
Ddamnit still coming
Ee another one hits port Charles
Ffuck how about the season ends already

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I dunno I assumed the listed unused names for 2020 were the remaining letters but maybe not

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Pryor on Fire posted:

There is no loving way we could ever afford a BILLION dollars on infrastructure for a major city, just unthinkable, I mean do *~Bezos makes 3 Billion in a day and pays zero income taxes by deferring equity compensation and just taking out loans with his equity as collateral~* you have any idea what our budget is? A billion dollar project is literally unimaginable. Off the table. These dumb poor people should move out of a city that is UNDERWATER that is just them being DUMB AND STUPIDS

but but if we tax the rich how will the lower workers get all their money.. Read about it in my book the Trickle down Theory - Ronald Regan
now go back to California you dirty liberal.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Ehh they've already been hit with one whats the worst that can happen more blue tarps blow off?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

she'll get some baller pictures from her phone out the window. they'll either fly around it (Likely) or above it depending on it's height (Unlikely)

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Moot .1415926535 posted:

...can currently produce

Challenge accepted. Starts opening all the r22 canisters I can find.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I'm in snowy northeast.. and will not be getting any snow.. I"m sad that I wont be getting any I'm a homeowner now and I"m ready.. generator, snowblower.. bring it..
i'll get a dusting.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

Oh, and the high today is 55, the low is 27. lmao what the gently caress

Yeah we had 55 and raining on the 24th down to like 29 here. Wacky weather

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

GLOBAL WARMING MY rear end - also a thing boomer say.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

jarofpiss posted:

this is completely nuking my work schedule and is going to be a very stressful following few weeks but on the bright side i've been able to play 50 hours of valheim since friday afternoon

LOL i've been work from home for 11 months now, if I can play videogames I can log into work so snowstorms or no snowstorms I'm still logging on. Also I live in the northeast and while I got like 9 inches of snow overnight we're prepared for it so we're not dying without power etc.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Good news is TX will have less windmill generated Covid-19 and less 5G generated Covid-19

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

GLOBAL WARMING MY rear end.. why is it snowing in April? - People who are idiots today

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Hurricane season is now from Jan 1 to Dec 31. Have a nice Day

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Here's a thing it was super hot and muggy in my area for awhile, now it's back to colder than normal.. like we got to high 30's overnight one day.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Zarin posted:

Things that struggle with Linear Time:
• Me
• Weather Models, apparently

Our generation is clearly just soft, unlike those rugged, independent, salt-of-the-earth boomers that raised us. razed the US

Fixed.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

It's happening... It's hurricane season. Seems a bit early but whatever

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

This is bad I think while I drink my almond milk and have my avacado toast.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I live in the northeast and in a level 1 drought area.. and it seems like it's a rainforest, it either rains or is muggy as hell a lot of the summer. we've had our dry moments but we've also had weeks worth of rain, cold temps, warm temps, muggy temps.. it sucks..

thanks for listening to my ted talk.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

SirPablo posted:

Oh no my poorly placed cities.

Next you'll be crying for Miami being swallowed by the ocean.

no one'll cry about miami

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I live in the NE US.. we've had flooded streets, parkst, rivers all over the place the last week or so. These are things that never happen where I live. Anything on a "flood plane" here is due to snow melting not summertime rain accumulation. Everything is good and fine here.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

The sun here in Ohio has been obscured by PNW wildfires. Not as bad as it was a decade ago when I lived in Kansas and it was blood red all day, it's only the mornings here.

yep have a pic from my AM walk yesterday in upstate NY where it's just red ball.. not eye blowing up sun.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Cygna posted:

My dumb east coast rear end forgot we were still under an air quality advisory yesterday and threw all the windows open like usual to get that sweet morning air :v: Going to have to get used to checking the AQI more closely in this brave new world we live in.

Right.. My dumbass east coast rear end doesn't ever think to check the AQI because it's usually not a thing.. but you know.. 2020's and all that.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Nice Olympics Gon get rained out.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Chard posted:

*laughs in P100 half-face respirator*

muhmuhmuh

You bought one last year.. you used it for covid.. we "beat" covid*, now it's time for you to bust your your P100 for and get WILD fire protection in 2022!

*in areas where people have brains

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Good news... Second hottest day of the year here where I live in the northeast!.

Even better news it cools off a little over the week but humidity will just keep going up!.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Deki posted:

The river near my apt is so low that you can't kayak down it anymore without bottoming out every 30 feet. It's a bit depressing even if I don't have to worry about the wildfire aspect of droughts.

the rivers near my house are so full of ecoli from overflowing sewer systems due to the amount of rain we've gotten that I don't want to kayak becuase the time-honored tradition of dragging your feet in teh water or having some water drip on your water bottle means you gon get sick.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

looking at a probable New England hurricane strike this weekend

https://twitter.com/ericburriswesh/status/1428667438045048842?s=21

man is it already time to get my weather channel streaming subscription back up..
Any thoughts on time.. I'd love to get back to the ole streamin pile of youtubers on my computer to watch the schadenfreude

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

isn't the weather channel just like reality shows now?

till a huricane hits then it's dudes standing in front of buildings/ on beaches talking about impending death.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

guess I better stock up on steamed hams

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

McNugget Buddy posted:

are Manhattan skyscrapers even built to withstand hurricanes

unbendable steel bends... when the furrryyyyy of the winnnnd is unstoppableeeeeeeeeeeee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

How's the NYC hurricane going?