Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

jeff: ohh my *yawn* gwash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

doing coke in a hurricane would kick rear end

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

jeff has also probably been awake for 20 hours by this point

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

twoday posted:

I find it fascinating that he could refer to the person with whom he is speaking without any specific name, because that person is literally the only other person in sight most of the time, but he goes out of his way each time to refer to him as Jeff

Never just, “hey we should get out of here,” but always, “hey Jeff, we should get out of here.”

Incredible.

you can never be too careful

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

i guess he has to say where he is all the time incase he captures a viral moment like the building snapping in half or the lesser jeff gets crushed by a dishwasher

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Romes128 posted:

Jeff does this to license footage to news networks. it’s how he makes money. it pays to be dramatic.

he barely has the energy by this point, he yawned while saying oh my god earlier

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Radirot posted:

someone try gluing a heat sink to their body

PC liquid cooling systems will work on your balls

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

mistermojo posted:

Ive never experienced any kind of extreme weather event, I feel like I’m missing out but also havent had myself or friends or family and all our possessions disappear. It did hail huge chunks of ice which was pretty cool

I got hit by that North Dallas EF 3 a few years ago, the worst part was losing power for a few days but I think it was only maybe a strong EF 1 when it hit me. I was home with my girlfriend while following the storm and watching chaser streams on twitter listening for street names (Thank you Jeff P). I looked out of the window where I thought it should have been coming from and saw an um… alarming amount of power flashes but no funnel since it was rain wrapped. The power went out a second or two later as me and my girlfriend immediately scooped up our cat and got into the bathroom. It mostly sounded like a waterfall, with stuff hitting the building. My building was fine minus a shitload of shingles, a few gutters, and the sheet metal roof of the car park. It was more of a severe annoyance than anything scary or particularly interesting.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

we’ve got some prime jeff p time coming up

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

What is New Orleans, anyway?

a city in the gulf of mexico

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

wolfs posted:

e: 2022 I am putting a bet on space weather being important

a full blown carrington event would really spice up the year

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

london might be the hottest city on earth tomorrow :stare: :stare: :stare:

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

ah i guess the BBC is wrong then

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Rectal Death Adept posted:

We are missing some key facts here.

Maybe you need to subsist on a diet of fish heads and cigarette butts like brits to be stunned by room temperature water like an electrocuted fish.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

WaryWarren posted:

How many people did Three Olives take in?

the rear end or his apartment?

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Paywalled but I’ve previously read that were a hurricane to hit Tampa bay at the right angle the storm surge would essentially push the water inland and prevent it from flooding back out and absolutely wreck the whole area

that’s what hurricane charley was supposed to do until it turned on a dime and hit punta gorda instead

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

having lived in both texas and florida, texas heat is way worse. in florida it never really gets hotter than 95 and it cools off pretty quick after sunset. texas is just unbearably hot all loving day.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

spamming pick up all as i bunny hop through the ruins of fort myers

lol

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

could you install millions of fans on the florida/east coast and blow the hurricane back out to sea?

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

platzapS posted:

no, that's ridiculous but you could put ~kiloton anti-humidity pellet bag here and eliminate moisture

ok im out of ideas so how do we do that

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

you could make a pyramid shaped helmet that would push your upper body away from the tree branch as it falls on you hth

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

yep i’m bringing anything outside that’s not bolted down into my house. except my smoker that thing is extremely heavy.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

goddamn these storms are booking it. 88 mph movement.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

111 mph inflow winds :stare:

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

the siren is meant to spook the tornado and make it go away you fool, you moron

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

i love my weather radio and i watch local news stations when poo poo hits the fan. for me personally the siren is purely for storm ambiance but it’s useful for others in rural areas. there’s a reason they test them twice a week here.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

i am harry posted:

that’s just god pissing in his toilet

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Rubellavator posted:

i don't think twitter is really the place people are getting their critical warnings from.

jeff p let me know on twitter that a tornado was headed right toward me. thanks jeff p.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

hail cores for everybody

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

tornado had a bit too much to drink

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

somebody needs to roll a drat window down

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

you could move to one of the poles and not have to worry about burning to death for at least a few more years

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

420 aqi blaze it

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

is this bad?

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

this is the pretext we need to invade canada

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

i’ve said this before that the only way to stop these canadian wildfires is military intervention

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

SirPablo posted:

Do you respect water?

it’s my favorite of the 4 elements

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

guess what has an endless supply of air? that’s right; your rear end.