Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
What the gently caress is with f names and destroying NC.

Fran, Floyd, Felix(sorta), and this fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Sir Plus posted:

received another helpful email from my landlord informing us that "Boarding/Taping of windows from the outside is not permitted." :thunk:

Lmao, print that off, break a window and cut yourself with the shards and sue sue sue

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

logikv9 posted:

zegermans will win because they'll pull some low-ball figure out of their rear end while standing on a pile of dead drowned corpses

I thought that blue star meant you were the true arbiter of FAKE NEWS

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Cat 4-5 changes everything because the winds become a way more deadly part of the equation since you have buildings getting knocked over into flooded areas and debris flying through windows and trees falling onto people.

Hell, tiny baby Fran was only a 3 and managed to do that way inland

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Y'all guys know the problem with fukashima was that they couldn't do a shutdown in time, right?

Even token corporate responsibility will keep Brunswick from meltdown

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
LMAO, Florence is gonna become a tropical storm again and then hit Europe.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Addamere posted:

for real?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Bip Roberts posted:

did imgur downsample every hotlinked image?

I dunno, imgur sucks now. But there an s in the last 2 days of that storm track

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

SKULL.GIF posted:

No he just linked the thumbnail like a dumbass

Remove the _d from the end of the url to get the full size image

like a dumbass? How dare you diminish my real hard won full dumbassery.

(I don't know how imgur runs their bullshit)

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

sincx posted:

Okay this guy got me to look into how the official air quality sensors work.

Let's see here...

:catstare:

I tried to find out how much this thing costs, but it seems like it's a "if you have to ask, it's too much" sort of deal. I did find one pulled listing on eBay from 2015 for $15,000 but nothing beyond that.

I know that sounds super high tech, but it's not actually fundamentally different from how a $20 smoke detector works

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Oh lol just realized all the people whose smoke alarms are going off because of outside air all the time.

That must suck

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Epic High Five posted:

not even underwater lol

staff got back to the prisons afterwards and wrote up a report about how sinister gang elements from MS-13 snuck in, released all the prisoners, and replaced them with picked over skeletons

Is this real or a joke

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
The great thing about el niño years is they give you a preview of what normal will be in a decade

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

triple sulk posted:

boston lee party

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Lee. n. the side or area that is sheltered from the wind.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Negostrike posted:

The manhole covers are so perfectly synchronized I can't tell if it's edited drat

Pressure waves travel at the speed of sound, 343 meters per second, (making some assumptions about the cause of this phenomenon)you'd expect manhole charts covers a meter apart to be desynchronized by about a tenth of a frame

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

SourKraut posted:

That appears to be caused by surface wind force and not a sound-based pressure wave.

Maybe, but that doesn't seem like it would cause uplift like this. High speed surface winds would blow the covers away.

My conjecture is gusts pushing against a horizontally oriented sewer outlet somewhere down the line, creating pressure waves(which aren't sound based but do travel at the speed of sound) lifting the covers from underneath.

But there's a lot of non-wind related explanations, so I'm just guessing.

Edit: no the, ^^ that seems way more likely.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
That guy will attribute Jesus saving him to his survival, and not his dumbass actions to why he was in danger in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Real hurthling! posted:

if we get hit with sun jizz will the night side of earth be safe or will it like surround the planet or will it like last so long that the night side will rotate into it anyway?

The heavy particles that do the worst damage are blocked by like an inch of rock.