Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
drat this is what my Dad is always talking about.

My son, here's why I live in Pennsylvania: no tornadoes, no earthquakes, no hurricanes, no droughts, no wildfires.

I'm like, Virginia's basically the same, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Duscat posted:

it's actually processed coal ash used to make concrete that they're importing, because nobody's processing the local poison piles for some reason (i'm guessing it's mostly to own the libs since apparently it's financially viable to have the stuff shipped in from the other side of the planet)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0Hmc7eeXjw

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Aunt Flo coming to visit for a loooong weekend

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

wait hold on. never found? were they eaten?

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
i dont care for cold soup

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

god drat the national guard isnt just for mercing college kids

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Third World Reggin posted:

Yo this is from 2015 but compares new york and charlestons idea of sea level rise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Csw9Hj9Jo

build a wall (between SC and the rest of the country)

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

so this guy thinks we have orbital microwave energy like in sim city 2000?

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Addamere posted:

Was there actually a unique disaster tied to that powerplant as the description suggests?

Yes sometimes the satilite "misses" the building and starts a fire. If you also have a nuke plant it might hit that and it's really bad.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
School was closed all week. There hasn't been a drop of rain.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Power's been out since Monday and just now my street's being plowed by a bulldozer.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Syncopated posted:

sounds rough dude

Luckily the previous owners of our house installed a natural-gas powered generator, which I thought was stupid until this week. My neighbor's food is in our fridge. They can see the tree lying on the power lines running along Route 1 from their window, just sitting there. Power is 100% not coming on until that's cleared.

Tree crews are completely overwhelmed due to a lack of preventative trimming.

Pretty sure every house in our neighborhood was built with a gas fireplace at least, so it's not so bad.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 has issued a correction as of 00:13 on Jan 6, 2022

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

my parents have been without power in Virginia for the last three days due to the storm.

the only way they're able to charge their phones is by idling their car.

my dad owns three dozen guns but has no idea how to plan for an emergency.

obviously his plan is to kill and eat someone with a generator

we're not hard to find generators are loud as hell

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

my dad got one too after losing power for days a few years back.

they should figure out how to bury lines so that people dont have to buy a giant engine...i mean they bury the drat gas!

So all the powerlines in our development, which is a couple hundred homes, are underground. BUT they are fed from the above ground lines that run along the highway. This wouldn't be any kind of problem if they trimmed the loving trees back!

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Dominion promised power would be on for all users by 11pm. lol nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
There's a deer family living in the woods by our neighborhood and we watch their babies grow up every year.