Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Disaster response better, worse, or on par with Puerto Rico?

Trump is going to look at the electoral map permanently posted in the oval office, see that the Carolinas voted for him, then press a button on his desk and say "give them whatever they need". Button may or may not be an intercom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

zegermans posted:

the death toll will not exceed 100 :toxx:

cc: Logik, Cpt McClaine

i mean they could pull a Puerto Rico and just say the death count is way lower than it actually is, sure

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

oh i dont know maybe.......*grindz up the entire eastern seaboard* ya keep the change kid lol

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

fill the eye with helicopters and spin their blades in the opposite direction, bing bong so simple

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

Sloth Life posted:

With air quality like that, are Americans wearing gas masks and the like? Or is there something to stop it getting in your home?
Because holy poo poo that looks bad

in Seattle this weekend I saw lots of people outdoors dining at restaurant patios

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

PostNouveau posted:

She has turned her fury on Alabama, as all good people should.

https://twitter.com/MargaretOrr/status/1305700025817858049

congrats to the guy I know from high school on Facebook who wanted to escape the smoke in Salem and so took his family on vacation to the panhandle

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

it was a big problem last heat wave because a ton of the homes there dont have any AC, people dont even have window units

we live in a Seattle home with no AC. brought our old portable AC out of storage and ordered an additional one before they sold out (I hate portable units but our windows are weird and none of them would really fit a window unit).

as it happens I called an HVAC guy a few weeks ago (at the first signs of summer heat, not even anything out of the ordinary) and he wasn't even available for an initial estimate for almost two months. Anecdotally the abundance of homes without AC around here means that HVAC techs are already at 100% capacity, and if it's anything like previous heat waves portable/window units will sell out almost immediately if we have any serious heat.

seems bad!

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

if I didn't want to read ppl edging over catastrophes and the crumbling of society I wouldn't have come to CSPAM, tbf

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

btw has anybody mentioned that Seattle grocery stores are all sold out of ice and most cold beverages? was at QFC a few hours ago and they had limits on the amount of ice and water you could buy, but ice was still entirely sold out. Shelves seemed pretty bare for a lot of random food and stuff as well

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

lol on behalf of my relatives who are planning a CT beach wedding in one week

we were already a "no" on account of it being a plague wedding but making it a natural disaster wedding as well is a nice touch

slippery doc has issued a correction as of 21:58 on Aug 21, 2021

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

hobbesmaster posted:

that projection makes it harder to see
https://twitter.com/The_Pale_H0rse/status/1430960450041221127

now we can see that there isn't a real jet stream in the northern hemisphere!

God is going senile and this is the equivalent of asking him to draw a clock

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

weird how when there were blm protests in Seattle the cops could shut down the entire freeway in like ten minutes notice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

Dustcat posted:

it's a good thing that for every anti nuke knee jerk there's a guy who's super into nukes and will not shut the gently caress up about how great they are

"super into nuclear power guy" is such a classic 2000s-era internet forum guy that I find it endearing. One of the few of those archetypes still around and going strong, having the exact same argument for two decades straight. It's like if there were still edgy atheists popping up occasionally to talk about the flying spaghetti monster.

(nb i am also a nuclear power guy)