Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Allen shouldn't be thrown into this mess. Sign Josh Freeman or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Play posted:

Peterman was chosen to start week 1 because he was better than Allen, in preseason and practice. Personally I don't believe that magically changed in the space of one week. The only thing that changed is there is a lot more pressure to start Allen and McDermott is starting to worry about his future.

People are putting everything on Peterman when it was a team-wide failure through and through.

You want it to be the one way, but it's the other way. By this metric Peterman was better than Tyrod pre-chargers

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I like the Savage Watson comparison better

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Allen looked decent in his spot duty. He's gonna get mauled by the pass rush but I'm still interested to see if he can hit some throws

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Marshawn's excuses just getting lazier and lazier

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kaepernick is a poor man's Tyrod Taylor and been there done that with unimpressive result

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Oh lol timing

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Play posted:

what the hell is wrong with you boy

peep

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

jim brown in a walk

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

This is a fair-er comparison, but cutting off Kaep's partial 2012 season is still pretty unfair.

It's 6 years ago. There's a valid quibble there but I think weighing the final three years kaep was active, with 37 games, against tyrod's same years, with 30 games, is a fair sample without reaching back too far

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

lol I'm going to start banging the drum for RG3

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

did I miss rg3 being a rapist

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

oh, idk who that is

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

who let an E/N poster in here smh

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Then it's All Day

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If Drew Brees had played in the 70s people would look back and say he'd never make it now

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kalli posted:

I mean in general I have a simple rule that no accomplishments from before a league integrated mean jack poo poo but aside from that, the NFL pre and post 1978 are basically an entirely different sport.

What if Jim Brown was black

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kalli posted:

I know Jim Brown was black smart guy. The NFL was still mostly segregated, with most teams having official / unofficial quotas of black players, and whenever possible, they limited them to specific positions to keep their numbers artificially low, leading to most of the good black players of that era to end up in the AFL.

Yeah ofc but the "records don't matter before integration" attitude, while morally commendable, ignores the fact that white players excelled in an integrated AFL

Negro League players could have been stars in the MLB but that doesn't mean babe Ruth would have washed out. You're not talking about college v pro caliber players

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kalli posted:

Yeah, and my argument is simply that Jim Brown isn't the "greatest RB" ever, he's just among them somewhere, due to playing in an era that was too different

Sure, but does it then follow that as sports science and training improves the best player of each new generation is the best player of all time?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The lots at the Ralph are a loving hellscape and deserve any and every measure against them

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Josh 2 Josh incoming motherfucker
bills bitch

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

lol at the "having to lie for him" nonsense

imagine the 90s bills cutting jim kelly and bruce smith

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

They said this morning he was out tomorrow with a hamstring injury

Seems like that isn't the case

well yeah, but more in the sense that it's out of the question for nfl teams to shelter their best players

the cowboys wouldn't have had a dynasty

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

isn't the waiver order early in the year the same as the draft order for a few weeks?

e: I see

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Belichick trades Brady

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

they've actually not adjusted off having tre edmunds responsible for keenan allen's crossing routes somehow

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Oh, that's why the defense got so much better lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

All the weird tangential stuff makes it a lot easier to explain to your friends why you watch football differently than the plebs

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

hifi posted:

lmfao that he had this ready to go

It's been accurate for like 3 years

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Don't sign your posts

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Op you'll find NFL shop dot com is the #1 source for official NFL merchandise, such as jerseys, caps, and more

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

cavallingus posted:

^^ Thank you!
I want the cheap Chinese knockoffs :hehe:

op, you'll find that purchasing anything other than official nfl merchandise from nfl shop dot com can lead to serious consequences, such as jail time, infectious diseases, and nuclear holocaust

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Disrupting the sale of counterfeit merchandise and counterfeit tickets helps ensure an authentic gameday experience for all fans

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

this turned into an int but lol

https://i.giphy.com/media/7FgDZdIxP4z9A9AF77/giphy.webp

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

pubic works project posted:

lmao don't worry guys...the Browns just signed the new Josh Gordon......

...Rod Streater.

Streater was legit decent in training camp, I'm surprised the Bills cut him

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

No he wouldn’t. Not unless he has merchandise or genuine documented history of using the brand and profiting on it.

Otherwise it’s first to file as it should be

you wouldn't happen to get paid off ip would you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

pmchem posted:

Fixin’ to Dickson

the tom brady story

• Locked thread