Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

If Biscuits had noticed Burton open and was about to start throwing at the exact moment that picture was taken, it would've been an easy touchdown.

He didn't notice until a bit after that picture, hesitated, and by the moment he was set and ready to throw, HHCD was already within arm's distance of Burton. It would have been, at best, a contested catch.

Because Burton pulled up (in the picture he's in the midst of doing so, and he moves only a yard or so further after that moment), Trubisky couldn't lead him with the ball. If Burton had kept running you could conceivably float an arc over to the right corner of the end zone.

The picture is still very funny though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

sweet thursday posted:

I feel like we didn't need every division to have its own thread back in the days when we had the talent. Now I feel like it's even more diluted.
#notonmylawn #bringbacktherealnv #fucktheravens

Part of the problem is people are apparently terrified of changing the subject so actual divisional conversations can only happen in divisional threads, otherwise N/V just meanders on whatever topic catches its attention.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

solarjetman posted:

I know a former first round pick who would love another chance

Johnny Football?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jonathan Fisk posted:

jim brown in a walk

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grittybeard posted:

Not that I mind too much but why in the world does that side of Missouri get Arizona/LAR? St Louis might want to at least hate-watch the Rams (or have some poor, sad, actual fans left).

Probably because that's Chiefs territory. Networks tend to not run against home-town games, so if you have a 1 PM home game that's the only one you're getting, and then you'll get a choice of two for the 4 PM game.

edit: so STL gets KC/Pitt, NE/Jax, Min/GB

KC gets KC/Pitt for the noon game then AZ/LAR and Oak/Den for the late game

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 14, 2018

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

Jim Brown is likely the best compared to his contemporaries, but he was rushing against dudes the size of today's punters.

Which makes for great highlights, but much like the Bill Russell argument, becomes hard to argue they're the best compared to guys that played against modern players.

I never found that argument convincing at all. Imagine what Jim Brown would look like if he grew up today having access to modern sports medicine and training methods (and growth hormones). Why do his opponents get the benefit of that doubt but Brown doesn't?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

A guy on /r/nfl went super into depth why ACL injuries happen.

tldr:

1. Shorter training camps and poor practice/workout patterns
2. Type of training
3. Playing surface (wet and low traction cause nearly no tears, hot and high traction cause loads)

I also learned that an average of 23 ACL tears happen during the preseason. We had 22 this season.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/ckparrot/status/1040716237616177152

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

What in the world

I had to triple check to make sure it wasn't a joke or an outdated tweet

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lmao at Hue Jackson

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Waiver wire order

quote:

1 Cleveland Browns
2 New York Giants
3 Indianapolis Colts
4 Houston Texans
5 Denver Broncos
6 New York Jets
7 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
8 Chicago Bears
9 San Francisco 49ers
10 Oakland Raiders
11 Miami Dolphins
12 Cincinnati Bengals
13 Washington Redskins
14 Green Bay Packers
15 Arizona Cardinals
16 Baltimore Ravens
17 Los Angeles Chargers
18 Seattle Seahawks
19 Dallas Cowboys
20 Detroit Lions
21 Buffalo Bills
22 Kansas City Chiefs
23 Los Angeles Rams
24 Carolina Panthers
25 Tennessee Titans
26 Atlanta Falcons
27 New Orleans Saints
28 Pittsburgh Steelers
29 Jacksonville Jaguars
30 Minnesota Vikings
31 New England Patriots
32 Philadelphia Eagles

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Assuming Flash isn't actually going to get suspended for pissing hot or something like that, is there a team that wouldn't sign Gordon at this point? Even with all the off-field issues and his weird brand manager who's definitely doing an attention-seeking thing, Gordon is one of the best receivers in the league and would upgrade pretty much any team's receiving corps.

Obviously if he's going to get suspended again then no point doing so.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

These things come in threes

Raiders trade Khalil Mack
Browns cut Flash

What's gonna be the third shocking roster movement?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

LiquidFriend posted:

It really feels like Josh Gordon should be claimed by the Chiefs.

21 20 teams won't pass on Gordon

Assuming he's not facing another suspension, anyway

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/MylesLGarrett/status/1041113093047283712

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Wait, wait...

The Browns aren't cutting him until Monday. Look at that official statement, they say they're parting ways on Monday.

A trade is still on the table for the next 36 hours.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Well that certainly qualifies as a fuckup probably sufficient to get cut loose after the past half-decade of fuckups.

Lol if his "life coach" is who put him up to this.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

LabyaMynora posted:

I'd say look for an NFC team to get him.

https://twitter.com/AaronNagler/status/1041113550377426944

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

LabyaMynora posted:

No way. I guarantee you the Packers think they're fine at WR. Plus, they don't do high drama players.

;)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Unreliable account but:

https://twitter.com/ustadium/status/1041109838183448576?s=21

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

adaz posted:

Yeah, this isn't the Packers MO to take a player with substance abuse issues. Which is too bad.

Koren Robinson, Brett Favre, Johnny Jolly...

Also I don't think anyone actually watched the 8 second video that's linked in the tweet I posted lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

quote:

"compression injury from blunt force while bent."

Sounds like some type of bruise. It'll be very painful for him but it shouldn't keep him out of games.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This rule has to be deleted immediately.

When plays like this are happening because players are afraid of getting penalized for loving hitting the goddamn quarterback, it seriously ruins the game:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1041402842668515328

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Is weed a nightshade

Weed is anti-inflammatory so Brady should be A-OK with it

• Locked thread