Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
https://twitter.com/dannykanell/status/1039556455353987073

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

What game got called? Outside college games only Charlotte will be effected and even then it might be what the Browns Steelers game was.

Not sure, actually. Just thought it was an odd perspective on things. Football > human life apparently. I guess I see his point, but why risk it over a football game?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

No one is debating dumbass danny kannell tweets op

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

N: https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/status/1039601166861053952

V: See you all in 2019

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

He'll probably be out until like game 8-10, I'd expect.

Yeah, after I posted I listened to what Quinn said and it does seem like he will be back this season which is good. Sucks though with CMC, Kamara and Barkley on the schedule in the next few weeks...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Perfection

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Flikken posted:

Since the Browns returned in 1999 we are 4-1 against the Saints.

Make it 5-1 and I'll be your best friend!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Flikken posted:

We are 3-1 against the falcons in the same time frame

3-1 against the Bucs too

1-4 against the Panthers.

I didn't ask for a history lesson, just to beat the dang Saint!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Is it better to have Joey'd and lost or to never have Joey'd at all?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Mega64 posted:

Oh boy, I can't believe Tom Brady died like that, what a terrible loss it is, rip...

Such a violent and horrific scene...he probably deserved better.

Maybe.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Arizona is all Bears and Seahawks fans it seems.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

hifi posted:

anyone over maybe 40 in arizona is a cowboys fan

I've been pleasantly surprised by the lack of Cowboy fans I have met. I wish I could say the same for Seahawk fans.

Cowboys do make sense though given geographic location.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Didn't Arizona sign Emmitt Smith just because there were so many Cowboy fans in AZ?

No clue and I wasn't around for that so :shrug:

Just going off talking to people now, there is a TON of Seahawk fans and A LOT of Bear fans. There are Cowboy fans as well, but not nearly as much from who I have spoken with but I'm sure there is also a ton.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

On March 26, 2003, Smith signed a two-year contract as a free agent with the Arizona Cardinals, who were not only looking for Smith to improve their team, but also helped them promote it with their local fan base.

lol

It has to be one of their worst FA signings in franchise history.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

a neat cape posted:

I think its cause the Cardinals didn't move to Phoenix until the late 80s and were terrible the entirety of the 90s, so there was already a big Dallas fanbase built in there.

Makes sense. Also would make sense if I am seeing less now because the Cowboys haven't done shite in years.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Its Sweetness op

Barry and Walter are 1a and 1b to me and once I start thinking one has the edge over the other I'm reminded of how freaking amazing the other was.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/AddisonAve1/status/1041126791337979904?s=19

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/1041431940287610892?s=19

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/B1ackSchefter/status/1041465108189335552

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

This rule has to be deleted immediately.

When plays like this are happening because players are afraid of getting penalized for loving hitting the goddamn quarterback, it seriously ruins the game:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1041402842668515328

Yup. And not only that, they are also fining players for these hits. Grady Jarrett was fined $15k for his 'late hit' on Foles last week and some Saints DT actually paid the NFL to play last week since his fines were more than his paycheck.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

News: Damontae Kazee landed another cheap shot with his helmet.

Views: Hrmm I remember seeing him do this before.

That hit against Cam was stupid and completely pointless. I still feel the Lee hit wasn't intentional, but yeah, he is stringing together some film...not a good look. Today's penalty was extremely stupid and I'm really pissed off at him about it.

Sorry about Lee again, buddy :smith:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Its all good bro. I mean I hope I'm just being an rear end in a top hat here and he isnt doing it on purpose, but thats two really bad looks in less than a month.

Agreed. It's just weird, he has never done anything like this. Granted, it's his second year but I was never like 'oh this guy is gonna be a flag magnet'. I feel like he is a young guy just trying to do a lot and is making some really dumb decisions. Today's was incredibly dumb and he deserves whatever penalties or fines or suspension he gets. I still feel like the Lee hit was just really bad luck/timing.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

lol Pitt is imploding

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

What is the worst a division has ever finished in the Super Bowl era?

Didn't the Seahawks win their division one year going 7-9 or 8-8?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

89 posted:

Gordon only counts $750k against space if I'm correct

:stare: that is a damned steal

Do we know how bad his hammy is?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

How do the Browns continue to out-Browns themselves?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

What a crock of poo

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Josh Gordon + Alex Guerrero

What could go wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I just threw up in my mouth.

• Locked thread