Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

I CAN 1V1 A BIRD*

*most birds

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Oct 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

seaborgium posted:

That conjure animals one was really good, it was a low level spell like faerie fire or something, if I remember right. It didn't even do damage, or just a tiny amount but it gave the players a decent advantage so Thiala had to make sure it didn't happen.

In the Seven season of Dimension 20 Erika Ishii did something real similar with summoning a bunch of terrifying geese, which seems ridiculous but managed to be a huge problem for the enemy.

Erika Ishii also pulled similar caster shenanigans by summoning 8 pixies to hand out flight to the party

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

NieR Occomata posted:

Like, people treat Emily the way they should treat Travis McElroy, where he's given this free pass to just fuckin' make up some bullshit so he's the star of everything and perfect and incredible and everyone is just so impressed whenever his character walks into a room. But, well, sexism.

Do people actually treat Travis like this or is it just that he acts that way?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

After listening to the new Triplets adventure I went back and listened to the Merry Metal Mayhem 2-shot

I thought the triplets mentally breaking Sonic the Hedgehog was the funniest thing

But I was wrong, it was spending a third of the short rest writing a psychological horror movie about being sucked off by a rat

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

I think it was Emily who observed that saying "gently caress this" and teleporting out of the BBEG encounter to stab an unarmed man is extremely the Triplets' vibe

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Their vibe is interesting because he's both clearly in love with her crazy energy and also calls her out/ teases her about it.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

NADDPOD is seeing the short rest episode image
weresonic and knowing I should actually listen to the episode before dessert

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jul 15, 2023

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

scary ghost dog posted:

the cake guy actually was jake hurwitz. thats why he called himself “cake hurwitz”

are you sure? that doesn't seem right. I thought he said his name was Jack something

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Graduation is where I dropped too. Travis is a terrible DM and it was downright painful to listen to.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

kidcoelacanth posted:

bullying jake should be the free space tbh

QFT

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Gaius Marius posted:

I forgot he named his child after his dead analogue game girlfriend. I'm loling in actuality

I prefer to believe she was named for the axe

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Short rests are when they go completely off the rails in the best possible way

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

I didn't think it could get any dumber than Olaf fanfic but somehow the short rest still does it

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Emily is definitely Naddpod's Goku

edit: Caldwell is Krillin obv.and Murph is 100% Vegeta. Who's Jake?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

NieR Occomata posted:

Correct, imagine Jake in the death pose

Also Jake is wealthy and successful in something that gets him 0% respect from the rest of the cast

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Caldwell is unacceptably hot for a goofy art nerd

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

https://youtu.be/W2o7WBhAxIs?si=yqCjz1VSznq510TW

edit: This is presumably the music that forces Princess Peach to ball*

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Mar 24, 2024

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

:love: the short rest anecdote of Caldwell's first introduction to one of Murph's friends being stone cold stunnering him

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

scary ghost dog posted:

sure, but the mcelroys are talentless hacks

well, at least one is

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Law Cheetah posted:

i can't follow any kind of actual play pod at all but i've been listening to episodes of dnd court and it's extremely entertaining

Dungeon Court rules because it alternates between cases that are extremely obvious what's about to happen from the first sentence and dumb poo poo you wouldn't think of in a million years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

While there are a lot of weird cases not a single one has felt like shenanigans a D&D party wouldn't get up to