Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

If that selection is true, I vastly underestimated how homoerotic this part will be.

it's extremely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I am abstaining until I can watch it as it was meant to be seen

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

i will not watch this without the visuals and you shouldn't either

if someone posts the visuals without the music i'll lock this thread till next week

just click play on both at the same time

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I am so excited because I have not spoiled myself on what the ED song is

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

fighting gold is very good

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Augus posted:

Six Shooter

this is a new one that I think sounds really good, and it's a song off the album cover from my really low res avatar

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

I thought the implication was that Narancia's father, a rich man, hadn't bothered to pay for his wife's treatment, hence Narancia asking about her disease and him walking away (and hence his lack of/refusal to get treatment for the same disease).

his father is working class and cannot afford to pay for it, and for this he feels shame and after her death becomes numb and distant to his son

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

That's not how it plays in the show, though, where he's got a big, nice house and his gang buddies (and the narrator) talk about how rich his dad is.

is it that his dad is rich, or just making a decent wage and doesn't have to hang out on the streets? genuine question, maybe I'm just not remembering

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm going to watch it

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it's not that you have to contract the virus to get a Stand, it's that developing one is a side effect of your will being tested to fight off the magic space virus. right?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Willsun posted:

We already had torture dance and Bucciarati living doll and duo personality ringtone calls to themselves, how could JoJo get any weirder?

everyone keep this post in handy for the month to come

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

cool the winking and nudging folks

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure? get a little weird? maybe even a little bizarre? get out of here

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it's not that complicated

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Alan_Shore posted:

It's not that complicated, it's just that everyone has a soul that's not your soul that looks like a little sun that hovers behind your head and if you punch it hard you'll die and if you punch it just a bit you'll be fine and this never came up before and will never be referenced again

everyone doesn't have that all the time. it's a condition set by Silver Chariot Requiem to evade people pursuing the arrow. the sun isn't your soul, it's a light source attached to your soul. it can be present yet only present for you because that's how Requiem stands are

if you're really having this much trouble, it must be fun to watch this kind of show because you're constantly going "wow!!" or "huh!?" I envy you

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Vookatos posted:

Ok... If you're telling me that The Sun was an extension of Chariot's power to remain hidden from everyone by changing position as a shadow...
It's a good idea! A stand that's a shadow, but has weird position because he applies the light source to you!
Why the gently caress is the word "soul" there at all, then?! Just make it a magic lightbulb. Diavolo hurt it, Bruno killed it, badaboom, everyone switched back, same result. Wouldn't be any weirder than, say, Jotaro sucking in Enya's stand (I'm talking about just the sun-punching part here).

Why is it so much more confusing than it should be? Diavolo just starts screaming about his soul and punches some orb. Usually there's at least some time for us to see the weakness and come to the conclusion, but here it's just "hey i have a soul boom". Just say that it makes everyone brighter and make the puzzle more convoluted by characters saying that he walks different direction for each! It would be so much more interesting! Instead, I barely understood what was he doing, and it wasn't mysterious, just boring. Having an illusion of him walking different paths would've created a mystery much more interesting than "welp, they can't hit him because reasons i guess". Let the characters think and guess! Y'know, one of the best parts of fight scenes in Jojo.

Yeah, no, the explanation doesn't sound as ridiculous, but holy hell you have to understand this poo poo, and even then, the heroes were just walking for what feels like forever.

it's not that complicated

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Purple Haze Feedback is sick and everyone should read it

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

galagazombie posted:

I just saw the clip where Polpo gets his brains blown out and it made me think how varied JoJo is with killing bad guys. Phantom Blood, Jonathan never even kills people trying to kill him, but will melt the undead. In Part 2 Joseph seems to work by similar principals. Then you get to part 3 and the whole cast is slaughtering their way through the South Pacific. Every single crusader kills at minimum one person save Abdul. Then all of a sudden they get to Egypt and they stop killing their opponents. The only exceptions being Iggy killing the maze guy (does Pet Shop count as a person?). DIO and Vanilla Ice are undead so fit in the loophole. Then you get to part 4 and the protagonists don't kill a single person in the entire story no matter how reprehensible. Every death is either by a villain or an Ambulance. Then we get Vento Aureo and it's a complete slaughter. The heroes murder everyone they encounter save Zucchero and Sale.

I think trapping people in rocks and books by somehow fusing their being with an inanimate object is worse than death, especially when it seems like Angelo lost intelligence

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Fire Force seems like their focus right now, seems to be doing well

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Monaghan posted:

Part 5 cares so little about previous parts that Giorono being Dio's son amounts to absolutely nothing.

did this argument just happen here or in the manga thread

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Mr. Lobe posted:

not saying it's meant to be sexual, but... that isn't a parent

his dad is not his dad

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I know it's pretty unofficial (?) but Purple Haze Feedback makes Giorno's role make sense

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Nessus posted:

He drank the piss, though. The piss became part of his body

no it was jellyfish

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Ai Fairouz sounds perfect. apparently she's a JoJo's fan in the first place

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I don't think any choice would get me harder than "Freek'N You" did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

just realized "get me harder" can be misconstrued to sound inappropriate and I apologize to the JoJo's anime thread for this indiscretion.

I am most looking forward to seeing what the gently caress they do about Universal Studios