Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

Darko posted:

Two members of Jodeci (Freek'N You song) are better known as the group that became...K-Ci and JoJo

I loving love K-Ci and JoJo. I loving love this OP and ED.

This is a gruet-o day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
I like how Narancia looks and sounds half asleep. Watching the anime when having originally read the bad scanlations gives me such a better vibe for the characters.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
Orange is arancia, but its still the intent just slightly modified. Narancia is our orange boy.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
How can you respect anyone who drinks your piss?

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
If you had to explain all the language barrier poo poo in part 2, this is my best guess on breaking it all down:

Joseph: English, then Spanish being a common language in the states.

Straitzo: Tibetan and/or Mandarin, then English and maybe Italian cause he trained with Zeppili?

Speedwagon: English, and maybe other ancient languages as part of the stone mask research. I can see him also learning other languages as part of his street crime days, then eventually globe trotting research.

Stroheim: German, English, and Spanish, cause I figure if those are where his assignments take him, they'd send someone with the right language skills.

Lisa Lisa:Tibetan and/or Mandarin from her adopted Dad, English from George 2, Italian from exile.

Ceaser: Italian, then English learned from Lisa Lisa and maybe Speedwagon whenever he got in touch with him

Suzi Q: Italian, then English learned from Lisa Lisa.

Pillar Men: Anything, since they're just that smart.

Joseph knowing Spanish is the only big guess to me. I think he had only been in the states for a little while when Part 2 started. Either way, English is my best guess for what they are all speaking.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
I am super interested in seeing how that pans out in gameplay.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

Expect My Mom posted:

I never felt justification was necessary honestly

like i kinda prefer Fugo just beating one of his professors to near death because of his undiagnosed mental illness, that's just super believable to me, especially at thirteen

I feel the same way. I would like it more if it was a random outburst brought on by him trying to control his urges while going through the stress of university at such a young age.The Prof being a pedo is an easy way to justify the outburst, but you didn't really need to give it a justification.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

Astus posted:

Of course, there's no way Giorno actually knew that's how Man in the Mirror worked, so that means he came up with a wild guess as to how it could work, decided "well, that's better than nothing", and went all in with a stupid plan that could very easily have ended with him dying a horrible death. Abbacchio is right to call bullshit on Giorno's crazy plans.

Giorno is the Akagi of stand users.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
As goofy and weird as the series gets, there is some stuff that is legit powerful with some amazing execution.

But that's still far away. For now let us enjoy our Italian gangster boy band.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
Yeah Part 2 OP has pretty big clues as to what will happen. Part 3 on though they are way better about it with maybe one exception I can think of.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
I like Chase's visuals, and I like how it sounds. But I will always be disappointed with how short the full song is.

STAND PROUD I didn't like at first but when the full song came out with the sick riffs/solos and it being a decently long song, I absolutely fell in love with it.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

IMO the 93 one is the only one worth watching. The 2000 one is super ugly and doesn't really do a good job of capturing the feeling of it, and while the 93 one takes liberties with the source material (some characters dying in different ways, some not existing at all, etc), it has its own very well done version of the Darby gambler fight and there are some things it does with the final fight between Dio and Jotaro that I like more than how David Pro handled it.

I will stand by the 93 one as well. Even though the anime strikes the right tone the manga had, the '93 OVA is has great animation, even if the colour scheme is very normal compared to the anime. In terms of following the fights it depecits, it starts out very accurate for the first three episodes then starts taking some liberties that still make for cool fights. Odd thing does happen though when suddenly the character designs kinda change from matching the manga to becoming more beefy (look at Jotaro specifically in the first episode and then the last of the 93' OVA). The foley work/sound effects are also fantastic, with that sound of the knives flying through the air and then screeching to a halt in frozen time.

I tried to watch the first episode of the 2000 version, and did not hold up as much as my memory thought it did. The first episode is sooooooooooo slow and boring, and is playing everything straight and serious like a suspense thriller, and not that flamboyant style you expect from the manga. The Hanged man fight in that one is fairly accurate, and there is one scene with Hol Horse I liked how they did compared to the anime, but thats all. Its otherwise really slow and boring.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

Wark Say posted:

Wait, wasn't DIO still deathly wary of Joseph's ripple? Wouldn't that mean that, for all the strength he acquired as a stand user (and how insanely powerful The World was), DIO still had to be mindful of his vampiric shortcomings besides sunlight?

DIO was still wary of ripple, and with all his stand power, he was still a regular rear end vampire that was probably less powerful in terms of regeneration than his peak in Phantom Blood since he was still adjusting to Jonathan's body. With ripple being able to travel through stands, The World pulls its punches when its about to hit Joseph since he covered himself with Hermit Purple pulsing ripple through it. DIO then opts for just kicking an entire chimney into Joseph.

I imagine there is also certain power output to the vampire powers as well. Straights mentions it took a lot out of him to pull himself together after being blown to bits. Can maybe think of it like fighting game super meter. Are you gonna spend meter on charging the eyeball lasers that a stand would probably block anyway? Or go for the time stop super?

Finally, I would imagine that had DIO won and beaten the Joestars, he'd just continue where he left off when Jonathan stopped him. He'd continue to gain power as a vampire, which would then continue to fuel his stand's power. He even thinks to himself that eventually he'd be able to stop time for as long as he pleases. On top of that, we know that Kars was able to experiment and evolve himself, so maybe DIO would start doing that again too, reaching Pillar man status and beyond.

JDRockefeller fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Feb 21, 2019

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Bruno is such an amazing boy that he collects other good boys and turns them into really good boys.

The only way he could get better is if his bob was a pomp.

A pomp is way too loud a hairstyle for quiet, low-key capos. :V

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
I kinda wish there was more role model/father figure stuff between Giorno and Bruno.

While Giorno has poo poo together most of the time, he is still exploring the potentials of his stand, which if you recall, he has not used it to actively fight till fighting Bruno. And Bruno, finding someone who wants to clean up the gangs too, wants to seize this opportunity to raise him up and install him as the next Boss as he identifies him also as someone with a deep sense of honor, loyalty, and compassion for the common people.

If we had more interaction like near the beginning between the two of them where Giorno is more green about things regarding the gang or gang workings and Bruno shows him the ropes that would be neat. But I feel like their interactions are so little that you could basically have forgotten their whole plan was to betray the boss this whole time while delivering Trish. You could view that as maybe them being very good at keeping their plan secret, but I feel like its just a missed opportunity for fleshing out their relationship so far.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
The common thread that pops into my head when associating Baki and Jojo is:

1. Beautiful men and/or ripped men drawn with a flair and love that gives an almost feminine feeling to it (Its really hard for me to describe this concisely).

2. The love of pseudo-scientific explanations to explain whatever crazy poo poo just happened.

EDIT: I just thought of a third common thread:

3. VIOLENT BODY HORROR

JDRockefeller fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Mar 10, 2019

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

W.T. Fits posted:

Out of all the horrifying and gruesome things in this episode, I think the thing that grossed me out the most was Narancia being forced to put his tongue on a sink in a public restroom.

And also the fact he put his hands to his mouth after touching his dong.

New ED is cool. I'm always down for 90s/00s EDM.

New OP might take a bit getting used to. I like the english lyrics a bit more. Also I feel like they're going to improve/add more to the OP like they did with Great Days, some shots look like they aren't done yet or they want to add more.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
Listening to the new OP again with the English vocals, I just realized it sounds like a Sonata Arctica song off their later albums. I can totally picture Tony Kakko belting out this song.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

I will forever love this dub just for that mad DAAAAARBY yell from Jotaro.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
Ever since All Star Battle and some other things, I've understood King Crimson's ability as time skip + phasing since at the very least, he can't attack a person within the skipped time but nothing can touch him during it either. He can only set himself up for an attack the second he comes out of time skip. Him interacting with things like being able to vanish the fortune teller's body or his entire corkboard research room are the only things inconsistent to me and I can forgive it cause that's just for dramatic effect, though it does confuse things.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
Also makes people watch as he kills their loved ones in front of them.

Boss is not exaggerating when he says he's the biggest piece of poo poo on earth.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

Diavolo's perfectly fine with using Cioccolatta as a hatchet man, look what happened to Gelatto and Sorbet.

Probably cause even an evil crime lord knows when himself or his regular men don't have the stomach to send a harsh enough message themselves. That's when you call crazy johnny Fuckface.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Bruno tried to pull an Okuyasu and come back to life, but Giorno just isn't as good at healing as Crazy Diamond.

Not that it stopped Bruno from coming back anyway.

The only thing I can think of is that, while a healing stand could help heal someone's body or give it life, the soul is bound by fate.

Old Joseph and Okuyasu were not fated to die yet (Okuyasu even has that moment where his brother tells him to find his own way now), but Bruno seems to be in a race against time, and Josuke's grandpa back in part 4, his time was probably up despite getting healed so fast (he also wasn't stand user tough).

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
I also have to agree that Diavolo is super hot. They nailed his look completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

hi liter posted:

Giorno has Dio's ruthlessness as well as the Joestar's burning sense of honor and duty.

Alternate reality where Dio is not a loving dick and instead inspires Jonathan to become a better gentleman and to be more street savvy.