Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Honestly I think you guys are making it more confusing then it needs to be.

Gold Experience has a very simple powerset. It's just the power is amazingly versatile.

He can inject life into any non living object, and from it create any form of life. It also had the side ability that any life he creates reflects damage back at anyone that tries to harm it.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Oct 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Johnny Joestar posted:

we're well aware of what it does, we're just referring to how incredibly inherently open-ended what it does is

Oh yeah it's very open ended. I think about the only limit shown is that small objects don't become big animals.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also I did not really notice in the Manga, but man Black Sabbath has an awesome design.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RatHat posted:

I doubt Polpo would’ve disposed of Luka if he was a stand user. Well, I assume the order was from Polpo, It could’ve been from the top boss.

Umm Luka was dead, they did not dispose of him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RatHat posted:

Giorno put him into a coma, Bruno finished him off with orders from above.

Yeah for intimidation tactics. Cause you know Luka was brain dead from having half of his skull being caved in and was going to just uselessly take up space in a hospital. Like Stand user or not the situation would be the same, cause Luka would not recover.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RatHat posted:

Bruno says "Leaky Eye Luca was disposed of by our boss. He said that there's no point in him living anymore." Interpret that however you want.

Yeah cause Luca was brain dead.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Nena liked Hol Horse and only pretended to like Polnareff to distract him from her trying to kill Joseph. Midler winds up falling in love with Jotaro, though she gets over it when she realizes he's bullshitting her.

She does not fall for Jotaro. She just says that he is her type and it's a shame she is murdering him. Which leads to him and the rest of the group trying to flatter her into letting them go, and making her angry.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
For actual automatic stand that does not reflect damage to the user we have Highway Star, Judgement, Superfly, Thoth, Bastet, The Lock, Anubis, Cheap Trick, and some upcoming ones.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Pomplamoose posted:

RHCP is one of the most OP stands. Didn’t it have all A ratings except for, I think precision? Not that stats matter that much but it’s ridiculous that it’s a controllable over long distances without losing power/speed.

It apparently does lose some power and speed when far from it's user, Just not nearly as much as most other stands when far from their user. It does get stronger when close to it's user. It's only real flaw is the need for a nearby power source to maintain it's strength.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Oh, also, despite looking the most like a kid out of everyone there, Narancia (17) is actually older than both Fugo (16) and Giorno (15). Mista is 18, IIRC, and Abbacchio and Bruno are 20.

Abacchio is 21.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I just realized I assumed that Narancia getting stabbed in the face with a fork was gonna be a set up to reveal he has a healing stand but no it turns out that other dude is just a crazy mother fucker

Yeah Fugo has temper problems.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Other then his neurosis about superstitions, Mista is probably one of the calmer more mature members of the gang. With only Abbacchio and Bucciarati surpassing him. Abbacchio just has the issue of being a jackass with trust issues.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's not really even that great of a fight when he's finally revealed. He just gets punched once and loses.

Fortunately, every fight after this one is much better.

Well the fight was figuring him out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Six Pistols would have worked really well.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ChaosArgate posted:

They happen well after Part 4 ends, so its not unreasonable he's either served his time or he's on parole. I think its funny how Josuke, Okuyasu and Koichi are all still wearing their high school uniforms.

His sentence was a year. So the other three would still be in High School once he got out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah Akira got into a lot of petty theft with his stand, and a bunch of stuff was found in his room, which got him a year in prison. Josuke and Jotaro told him they would beat the poo poo out of him if he tried to get out of prison early.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah I would assume that Mista can't see through Sex Pistols. It's mostly an ability for stands without personality, that are more extensions of their user.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

YggdrasilTM posted:

Guido and Bruno are the most normal names. Leone is fine, even if a bit dated. Fugo is, I hope, the proper name (it is at least similar to a real name, Pannacotta is just a food). Narancia and Giorno are completely nonsense, but Giovanna is the female version of Giovanni, the italian word for John.

Fugo is his last name. Except for Narancia and Giorno they are all called by their last names.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I would say Emperor is better overall, but it's user was pretty bad at using it. A thing to remember for them both is that the mundane bullets are innately inferior to the stand bullets, because the Emperor's bullets can hurt stands, while mundane bullets can't.

Sex Pistols also has the flaw in that unless set up ahead of time to allow it, they can only redirect a bullets path once.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Kraftwerk is a great stand, I would have loved if it was a protagonist stand so we could have seen more stuff done with it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah cause if he was still affixing the first bullet, he would not be able to move.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well the guy did not get his brain mulched. The bullet just entered his brain a bit, causing him to pass out. (And likely causing brain damage.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nessus posted:

Didn't he bite his own tongue off so they couldn't interrogate him? I wasn't sure how all that worked. In fact I'm not sure how that guy managed to cause so many plane crashes. Did he just geek all the pilots and then jump out the back door?

No his tongue got split open. And he started bleeding everywhere.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Man, I just found out Abbacchio is supposed to be 20 years old

That's some Resident Evil level accomplishments by a young age

21 years old.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I didn't know Koichi was friends with DIO.

That kids name is actually Koichi.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nessus posted:

She was certainly alive as of part 3, wasn't she? I think even in part 4 Joseph said he consulted with her. Considering she actually practiced the ripple instead of quarter-assing it like Joseph "I Left A Part Of Myself In Japan" Joestar, she might be alive but strongly resembling Enyaba.

No there is no mention of her in part 3 or 4.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Pootybutt posted:

Crazy to think this is all happening the day polpo got whacked. I don't mind the pacing cuz this fight is really cool.

It's not, it's happening a day later.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Pootybutt posted:

Nah they left on the yacht that morning

It's been a day. Formaggio even said that Polpo died yesterday morning when he was talking to Narancia.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
e: NO MANGA SPOILERS, PLEASE

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Dec 9, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well he also did not know that Narancia had the boss's daughter.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I wonder what would have happened if they had sent Fugo or Abbachio to get the stuff instead. Wonder if they would have been able to bluff Formaggio.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
To be exact Narancia's dad story is pretty much: He was a honest gardener, but was always quiet and distant from his son. After his wife's death he just gave up caring about his son entirely and became completely neglectful to the point he did not even notice that his son dropped out of school and spent all of his time hanging with thugs and stealing stuff.
Like when Narancia came home after Bucciarati told him to, that may have been the first time his dad had seen him months maybe years, and he did not even have anything to say.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Dec 15, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Darth Walrus posted:

That's not how it plays in the show, though, where he's got a big, nice house and his gang buddies (and the narrator) talk about how rich his dad is.

He's a gardener. And I don't recall his buddies or narrator talk about his dad being rich. Just decently well off.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I would assume that Formaggio told his team he was going to be investigating Team Bucciarati in the town they were staying at and if he did not return after a certain point, to assume they had killed him and have the boss's daughter.

Now things would have been much worse had Formaggio escaped, as he would have been able to tell the Hitman Team were Team Bucciarati was so they could all attack together. With his death, they have a general area were their target is, but don't actually know. Bucciarati wants to move in case the Hitman Team searches the area.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kikas posted:

Oh noooooooo

Yeah he passed away a little while back.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Electric Phantasm posted:

Could Fugo be hosed up by his own stand?

Yes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

pacmania90 posted:

So what happens if Giorno moves something with Gold Experience into the same spot that Illuso is occupying in the mirror world, then cancels his ability?

I would assume it would not work but I am not sure.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Electric Phantasm posted:

Imagine how embarrassing that would be, getting killed by your own stand.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm pretty certain that fugo is immune to his own stand, otherwise there's literally no situation where he'd be able to use it

Long as he keeps it at near it's max range he should be able to avoid getting murdered. 5 Meters is actually quite a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

YggiDee posted:

My question is less whether or not Fugo's immune. It's more if Fugo knows if he's immune. There is no good way to find this out.

Good point I doubt he would ever try to find out.