Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

I think you missed the joke I'm making. This guy may be a corrupt, politically suspect rear end in a top hat, but even he may not find himself the biggest monster in the room when dealing with his co-workers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i just wanted an excuse to post that

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Seriously does Squires post ITT because he makes comics like a loving goon.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/joeheenan/status/1057541345366208512

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Joseance posted:

i just wanted an excuse to post that

You have been threatening to post a prolapsed anus itt for many months after all

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

DesperateDan posted:

You have been threatening to post a prolapsed anus itt for many months after all

i was going to pm you it but you don't have pm's

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think Katie Hopkins has other reasons for calling her daughter Poppy and had she been born slightly later she would have been Kate.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

Make a generic one. Here's one you can cut out.

Yes I know it's lazy but I wasn't going to spend any more time on this

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I think Katie Hopkins has other reasons for calling her daughter Poppy and had she been born slightly later she would have been Kate.

Ket, surely?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Ket, surely?

That was :thejoke: but is Ket actually a name?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Rarity posted:

Is there anything important on the schedule? I was probably going to skip because like you say, gently caress being anywhere but my bedroom in this cold

Naah, just a bunch of people talking.

Has anybody posted the "I kicked my boyfriend out at 2am because of Labour's anti-semitism" article yet because lmao.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Surely if your daughter's called Poppy you're more likely to forget other things associated with that name

Callous disregard for are troops

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You should go full hortative and name your kid Unite-The-Workers-Against-The-Oppression-Of-The-Bourgeoisie Hopkins.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Jedit posted:

Direct Reading. You can google the explanation, it's a little more than I want to explain while eating my tea before I go out.

Ah, thanks for that. Will edit it in.

How come you know, anyway?

-----

Another anecdote my granddad had was nearly being lynched while under guard until his captors explained that he was a naval aviator, and didn't do city bombings.

Gort fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Oct 31, 2018

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

You should go full hortative and name your kid Unite-The-Workers-Against-The-Oppression-Of-The-Bourgeoisie Hopkins.
Definitely going to add Unite-The-Workers-Against-The-Oppression-Of-The-Bourgeoisie-Hopkins to the names list.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

:yikes: :stonk: JFC

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Darth Walrus posted:

Yeah, but his new co-workers probably get invites to Roger Ailes's parties.

I don't think anyone has been getting those in the last year-and-a-half.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
So everyone, Toby Fox has done a thing. If you haven’t checked it out I strongly suggest you do.

Click here for a survey

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/1057720844384980992

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Pistol_Pete posted:

Naah, just a bunch of people talking.

Has anybody posted the "I kicked my boyfriend out at 2am because of Labour's anti-semitism" article yet because lmao.

lol what

post it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pesmerga posted:

So everyone, Toby Fox has done a thing. If you haven’t checked it out I strongly suggest you do.

Click here for a survey

I swear if all my SA threads turn into people discussing Undertale for the next week I'm gonna be real upset and will probably say swear words irl

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Coohoolin posted:

lol what

post it

I couldnt not go look for that

https://www.newstatesman.com/2018/10/why-i-kicked-my-boyfriend-out-2am-over-anti-semitism-labour-party

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Rarity posted:

I swear if all my SA threads turn into people discussing Undertale for the next week I'm gonna be real upset and will probably say swear words irl

You don’t like it? :smith:

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

edit: weird post lag?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

I love that she's finally admitting she has exactly zero authority over her own party.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pesmerga posted:

You don’t like it? :smith:

I'm sure Undertale is cool and good but I've never played it and if everyone's talking about it I feel left out :(

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

And 3 hours later....

https://twitter.com/danbloom1/status/1057704420727762944

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

I... I'm at a loss. Can someone fill me in on this paragraph bit: "his defence of the blood libeller Raed Salah and the conspiracist Rev Stephen Sizer, who blamed Israel for 9/11;" who are these people and why should I care?

I do sometimes wonder though if my eye-rolling cynicism towards claims of labour antisemitism is maybe due to me living way up here and not necessarily being exposed to either a large labour contingent or a large antisemitic one, and whether being a jewish leftist down south would make you a bit more sensitive. I think the one time I've been anywhere near leftist antisemitism was the guy who eyed me up a bit squarely when I introduced myself as a jew to a palestinian solidarity group.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Pesmerga posted:

Click here for a survey

Thought you said Toby Young at first and was very confused.

Then I clicked and :dogcited:

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Rarity posted:

I'm sure Undertale is cool and good but I've never played it and if everyone's talking about it I feel left out :(

i watched my sister play it which imo is a far superior experience

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Rarity posted:

I wish I could think of a remedy to that, but I'm just completely stumped.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Rarity posted:

You can be left out with me, I hit the demo but never got around to playing the full thing and now I kinda feel like it's too late.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gort posted:

I wish I could think of a remedy to that, but I'm just completely stumped.

I've got 11 years of video games in my backlog, it's gonna be a while!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pesmerga posted:

Click here for a survey

Who is toby fox and what is it?

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Coohoolin posted:

I... I'm at a loss. Can someone fill me in on this paragraph bit: "his defence of the blood libeller Raed Salah and the conspiracist Rev Stephen Sizer, who blamed Israel for 9/11;" who are these people and why should I care?

I do sometimes wonder though if my eye-rolling cynicism towards claims of labour antisemitism is maybe due to me living way up here and not necessarily being exposed to either a large labour contingent or a large antisemitic one, and whether being a jewish leftist down south would make you a bit more sensitive. I think the one time I've been anywhere near leftist antisemitism was the guy who eyed me up a bit squarely when I introduced myself as a jew to a palestinian solidarity group.

I liked how the third most serious example of Corbyn's antisemitic behaviour she had was his membership of Facebook groups. Such a self-undermining argument.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Honestly if I even get on one rpg in the next 12 months (not guaranteed) it's more likely to be Valkyria Chronicles 4 than anything

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Renaissance Robot posted:

Honestly if I even get on one rpg in the next 12 months (not guaranteed) it's more likely to be Valkyria Chronicles 4 than anything

i bash out obsidian games whenever i get the itch and they go on steamsale, that's about it these days

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

jabby posted:

I liked how the third most serious example of Corbyn's antisemitic behaviour she had was his membership of Facebook groups. Such a self-undermining argument.

Especially as people can be added to FB groups without their knowledge by anyone on their 'friends' list.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

jabby posted:

I like that the reason she threw him out was because of Jeremy Corbyn and not because he said she was rich because she was Jewish, after them being together for nine months...

Like how do you be in a relationship with someone for nine months and not notice that they're actually quite racist towards you personally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

jabby posted:

If you don't understand why Corbyn is obviously just as bad as actual white supremacists murdering Jews then you're a part of the problem. #FBPE

• Locked thread