Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Hey what's performance like for Mega Man 11 on switch? Any downgrades or compromised, etc?

As far as Dark Souls, the network test killed my interest in a portable version of any from soft game but I'm not sure if that's a widespread sentiment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
That kind of poo poo gets threads closed real fast around these parts

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
That Twitter person forgot to include the name of the game in his post

E: oh it's the limited run physical copy dudes, and they're actually talking about a WiiU game, not a port to switch, ~gross~

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Oct 3, 2018

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Lodin posted:

It occurs to me that those guys are sometimes not very smart when it comes to picking projects. They recently announced physical copies of Layers of Fear for PS4 and Switch and frankly, that game is kinda poo poo. Would have made way more sense to go with Observer, the game that followed it since it's actually pretty decent.

Right? Like was that tweet supposed to make me feel sorry those you guys lost a ton of cash making a physical copy of a WiiU indie in 2018?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Heath posted:

I've had a custom eBay search for Slime-san's physical edition set up for a couple months just to watch it. For nearly all of August and September people were posting "pre orders" of the collector's edition for an average of 110 bucks, and now that they have apparently shipped there are a ton more popping up. A great deal of them all seem to be from the same place. So LRG does basically nothing to stop scalpers from reselling their games on release, and frankly it wouldn't surprise me if they were in on it themselves.

Life is a lot better when you don't trouble yourself with plastic/cardboard trinkets anyways. Seeing kitchy gamer poo poo sell for three digits or more and reading all the frustrated posts about low stock/scalpers is one of my guility pleasures tbh

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Fremry posted:

As a person who had to go back and re-purchase most of my NES collection from when I grew up (and was an idiot and got rid of it), I buy physical whenever I can. I don't want to turn on my Switch in like 10-15 years because I want to play something, only to find out that my entire game collection is wiped out.

People hoarding and reselling games as a commodity are loving assholes though.

Ehh emulators will always be around, and I think those who are willing to pay scalper prices are really the guility ones. Scalpers gotta eat

That said, as someone who has gone full digital for two gens now, I really haven't thought at all about the potential lost content of/when services die or licenses expire. It might suck one day but once again, emulators will probably satisfy any cravings

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I never buy Mario Party so it's not an issue for me I guess, but reviews are giving me a Mario Tennis launch all over again vibe

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
There's no reason Nintendo wouldn't have joy cons that are only compatible on the new switch. I'm not saying that's what's happening at all, but you must be fairly new to the company if you can't see them pulling that caper off

My money is on simply better battery and a marginally thinner profile though. Yes I'll buy it on launch, leave me alone

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Lmao, telling someone he's a "sucker" for buying into the marriage industrial complex in the switch thread is exactly what I'd expect from the nintendo crowd. I didn't see him asking for any input on that.

Y'all are just mad you can't legally marry an amiibo yet. Or that stupid dumb poo poo dog from animal crossing.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Oh poo poo here comes the MY WEDDING self-posts

I can't believe you've done this

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m more baffled on how we got here

Someone asked a yes/no question about purchasing a Nintendo switch console in the near future

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Licarn posted:

If you didn't use such oddly specific examples it'd be less obvious you're projecting.

I mean...am I wrong for being intrigued by Piss Tower Link? It's not like sexual or anything

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

News flash to you people who want gorilla glass: a plastic screen is actually better, and $1000 phones should have them as the base layer too. Why? Because as soon as you put a glass screen protector over it you have the best of both worlds, and if you drop and crack the screen you just put a new glass screen protector on and you're good as new. But of course, phone manufactures want you to break it and buy a new one. In a perfect world phones would have a plastic layer and then a glass screen protector factory installed, with a couple spares included in the box. The way Nintendo does the Switch now is perfect because kids won't cut themselves and any adult with a brain getting a Switch for themselves gets a glass screen protector for $2 on eBay when they buy it.

I'm gonna blow ur mind

I put glass screen protectors on gorilla glass, don't @ me

Both times I shattered my protector, the gorilla glass underneath was perfectly fine so yeah this isn't a thing

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
On the other hand if you sell your og unit on Craigslist or fb marketplace, you'll recoup most of the cost so who cares just buy what you want now.

If the soon to be wife doesn't want it to come out of the budget just find a way to crank out $300 worth of side work, sell some stuff, or something, make sure it's "bonus" income or whatever

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

marriage licenses are $35, how in the gently caress do you turn that into something you have to "pay off"

Were you recently reintegrated into society or are you just being hyperbolic on purpose

In the switch thread of all places

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Al Borland Corpse posted:

I believe it rotates weekly

But....why??

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Justify it how you will, you're still buying a party game in 2018 with crippled online features.

Thank you Nintendo for protecting us from standard, universal features other companies worked out, a decade ago or so?

E: yeah nintendo should force us into terrible experiences! Then we'll truly understand the magnitude of the blessings they have priveleged us with :gooncamp:

Ee: I will never pass up on an opportunity to use that emoji

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 5, 2018

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Ohtsam posted:

I don't even want online with randoms. I just want to be able to play the drat board game with friends who live in other states.

Posters who condescendingly tell you that you totally didn't even want to play online with lovely racist kids anyways never address this point. Seriously, the conversation just dies as soon as someone makes this observation.

Even if you did want to play with lovely racist kids, that's really not a lot to ask for from a full priced party game in 2018.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Note that literally all this is based on nothing but posters assumptions

Exactly, just sounds like you all are offering free PR because ??? I can make up reasons too, doesn't mean either of us has any insight into what goes on at nintendo hq.

My uncle was fired :(

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
And I've said this before but we're consumers. We don't have to care about why a company is skimping out on real basic poo poo.

The only thing that matters is the end product and "what does $60 get me here?"

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

JoeGlassJAw posted:

gonna get together with my buds and drink beers and Party in the Mario style tonight. don't care if game isn't great, gonna scream at my best friends on the Nintendo Switch

I want to do this but my friends live in different cities :/

Oh well guess we'll play literally any other multiplayer game instead

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
What the hell do you have against people who just recently fell out of turnip trucks anyways??

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Yeah you really got everyone who was jumping all over the place to say the online mode in Mario party was great. Really nailed all zero of those guys

So nobody in the history of this thread has ever implied or outright stated that limited online in Mario Party is actually a good thing? Or made similar arguments when some well intentioned soul wanders in and asks why basic feature x is missing from their new toy?

Hint: try turning your monitor on

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

The Bloop posted:

I haven't played Super Mario Party yet but over time I've noticed that "the motion controls suck" usually means "I suck at this control scheme for children and am projecting"

Idk man feels like you're the one doing the projecting here. This is weirdly specific

I usually enjoy motion controls in fps games, but outside of that it has always felt like a cheap gimmick to me. Like a lovely gesture based button input rather than an actual immersive experience that tracks your motion accurately

But yeah motion aiming in shooters is the golden exception to this

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Oct 6, 2018

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

I used to love avocado but now that so many Beckys like it, it's ruined it for me, like pumpkin spice

That's super weird, a food's popularity has never impacted the way my taste buds function. That can't be healthy.

I'm thinking you need to book an appointment with doctor mario a licensed medical professional

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

Fine, if you'll also concede that people who enjoy anime are a thousand times more obnoxious than people who complain about anime.

I was fine with anime until I started browsing nintendo threads in SA. Not sure if I can tell which is worse anymore

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

In my experience it's way more often the people who don't like anime who bring up "anime good vs anime bad" arguments for no reason

I can see why it might seem that way from your point of view, yeah

E: woah I should have refreshed, this post was like an entire page ago

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Nah the switch anime levels are too powerful even for crunchy roll

This is the Vita we're talking about after all

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Yeah but Sonic games are also terrible so is that really saying much?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Mega64 posted:

It’s a dockable handheld!

I'll dock your handheld

gently caress I'm obsessed with monster hunter. That's all I've played the last month or so

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

You know I was trying to put my finger on why this whole conversation was bothering me, and you hit the nail directly on the head!

:same: except instead of dashing into spikes, I'll stick to getting trampled by a Rathian.

If you enjoy the punishing gameplay loop of monster Hunter I guarantee you'd gobble up dark souls. Both games hit the same notes for me in a very specific way. Don't miss out, whether you play the switch version, console version, original PC release with mods etc.

Just try it out for yourself, even if for just a level or two

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Ewwww. Starlink getting some iffy reviews.

Lol you don't say

With a lot of games, you can just tell they're gonna suck just by looking at a screenshot/blurb. In the internet though, it seems like every game ever manages to somehow generate some interest. Would this have even flown into the thread's radar if not for that weird star fox crossover? Coincidentally that's another sign that maybe the primary product is total stinky butt, no one in their right mind would want to associate a relevant quality product with an extremely dead franchise!

That said, even the ouya got tons of hype and heaps of cash thrown it's way with nothing more than some fluffy feel nice words so :shrug:

Oh well who cares about new games I'm 74 hours and barely 40% of the way through mhgu single player stuff. I may never escape this black hole

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Or on any cheap Android phone, really. Drastic is a really really good DS emulator with a bazillion customization options for the ~perfect experience~ no matter the title.

My favorite was reversing the top/bottom screens in Etrian Odyssey so that I could draw a map on top while the bottom half served as my navigation/battle screen with see thru controller inputs. I played it on a Note 4 and used stylus+on screen controllers, making it a very Authentic Experience

Not sure how well that would work with an action heavy game but surely it's better than the bullshit they cooked up for the switch version.

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Oct 15, 2018

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

what I've seen looks fun but, negative reviews say it's a lot of "busy work" but that's weird review code words on a game that has tons of content and they are trying to get a review out..

I've never heard of "busy work" being used like that in that context, or of these "code words" hidden within reviews. On the other hand, games padding their content with chores is a really common occurrence.

That said I want to hear some homegrown amateur impressions too!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Fallom posted:

One man’s busy work is another man’s hundred hours of content (collecting feathers)

For real though, I'm somehow convinced I need to simultaneously play as a Gunner and a Blademaster within the same character on my MHGU playthrough. That's prolly why I'm at 70 hours and still not even halfway through the single player content, let alone the multiplayer hub...

Collecting feathers was just bullshit though!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wow I just saw that on reddit. That sucks dude, hopefully they're cool with refunding you hassle free since it seems to be a widespread issue

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Man you guys make it sound like Zelda has ever had good combat. For it's flaws, botw's combat is still head and shoulders above anything else the franchise has ever whipped up. Maybe that's why I didn't think it was as awful as everyone claims.

I play elite gamer poo poo like bloodborne and dead cells and hollow knight you guys so I think I know a thing or two about combat

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
That's more of an aesthetic thing than a mechanics thing though, wind waker is basically OoT combat rehashed

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

Exploring is fun. Sorry your lizard brain needs to be rewarded for every little thing.

That's true. Just simply having more continent to still see was insanely fun and I miss not having new corners to check out (thank you hero's path).

I've always enjoyed having new areas to explore in video games, rewards or no rewards. In that sense, botw is an achievement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wait don't you need a deku stick on fire to fall through or does gravity alone do the trick?

Huh...I've always lit a stick beforehand lol. Without that element yeah the puzzle seems fairly straightforward