Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Octopath sucked
Whens twewy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ometeotl posted:

Hurthling has never liked anything, so his negative posts are just white noise at this point.

This month i loved
Dqxi
Yakuza 2k
Soulcalibur 6 beta
Fist of the northstar beta

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I play from like 15 feet away from the tv and often feel like my button presses get dropped and pairing takes a long rear end time sometimes. Nintendo prolly cheaped out cause of their impending doom

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RCarr posted:

as long as the actual game is good I can live with it.

Its mario party tho

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It should be longer. With more button prompts per text line

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hows megaman 11 on this thing? Saw some video and it looked a little like the framerate was struggling but it might have been in the video and not the game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ignite Memories posted:

Yo, I was just trying to warn the fucker. Let's backtrack a moment and look at what just happened.

"Yeah, enemies don't really roam around in Dark Souls so unless you're currently in the middle of a fight you can just leave the game running and it'll be fine."

"I did exactly this and was grievously punished"

"you shouldn't have dressed like you wanted to get cursed you loving slut"

Owned by life, videogames, and himself

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The tory parts will be made states immediately and the others will be guam 2.0

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Snowmankilla posted:

Ton's of sweet games on sale right now, and I picked up Dark Souls for 28 bucks. So in a few days I will be another newbie begging for advice on here. I am excited!

Is captain toad on sale? I assume not

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mr. Locke posted:

Yeah. Diablo 2 torpedoed everything spooky and atmospheric about the first game

What?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Crusader is fun

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gripweed posted:

Good news for all you fighting games fans, Blade Arcus Rebellion From Shining

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INl0KUVsxko

Whats the good news?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gripweed posted:

Blade Arcus Rebellion From Shining!

Kusoge fans rejoice

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

How is pokemon Let's go?

My wife, the pokemon fanatic, loves the changes but says the controls outside of handheld mode are "dumb"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BGrifter posted:

Scooped a Pro Controller for $49.99 CAD (MSRP is $89.99 here) from Walmart. Now I just have to wait till tomorrow for the Switch itself!

*stares longingly at the Pro Controller box*

It wont work with pokemon so i hope you have other plans

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BGrifter posted:

Wait... what?

Outside of handheld mode, pokemon only recognizes a single joycon used like a wiimote, or the pokeball contoller that functions the same way. In handheld mode it recognizes the full controller.

Better buy mario or another game or your pro is just a paperweight

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Serenade posted:

I've barely played any TWEWY because of its controller nonsense.

Twewy seems like a better deal on phone

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is capt toad digital on sale anywhere?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gameko posted:

Man I can’t decide what to buy in the Nintendo e-shop sale.

I’m going to get shovel knight treasure trove, but then I’m at a loss. I need strangers on the internet to make my decisions for me. Should I go with Celeste, West of Loathing, or Bloodstained Curse of the Moon?

I know I want to play west of loathing but it’s hardly a sale atm. Everyone praises Celeste. Curse of the moon is appealing because I loved Castlevania III and I love old school castlevania in general.

Celeste is the most game for your dollar of those 3. Wol is a basic little rpg lifted up by great writing, bcom is very short. Celeste has jillions of levels.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So, if we never get Symphony of the Night on Switch, is Bloodstained just as good? Better? Worse? Bueller?

Cotm or the real game?

Cotm is like a cv3 homage. Bloodstained proper might be good or might just be mediocre like a lot of 2.5D attempts at recapturing old series magic have been

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Woah, really? I didn't even know a cheaper tier of game existed back then.

Game prices didnt really all become uniform until a few years later

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Elderbean posted:

I really want DQ XI news for the switch, I could buy the PC version but I want to play on my couch and steam link is spotty.

Steam version is a very good port. I enjoyed it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

tote up a bags posted:

Anyone have any recos for 3rd party ethernet adapters? I want my smash online silky smooth but my wifi sucks, and the official one is kinda pricy

If the game is p2p you'll be better off on wifi teleporting around the screen with the opponent. Wired up you lose that advantage

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ok so the joycons... Are they like Super Wiimotes, with the equivalent of a Wii Motion Plus included, plus IR, plus analog controls?

Theres no eye attached to the tv so they need to be calibrated with a button press if they drift off center

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kly posted:

Why is there an ir sensor at all?

For virtual chewing minigames and labo, you know, the really popular stuff

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Anyone else notice the switch's wifi range from the router is much smaller than other devices like phones and laptops? 2 rooms from router Phone gets full wifi bars where switch gets like 1 or 2.

Would love a stronger antenna on a new model

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Look Sir Droids posted:

How far we talking here? I plan on putting mine a good 30 feet away going through at least two walls.

Like 20 feet down the hall and around a corner

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

strategery posted:

Mario + Rabbids or valkyria Chronicles 4?

If you played the original VC, 4 is basically the exact same so i'd go rabbids.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The snes not having analog sticks for 16 bit games isnt really an issue

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Does smash still treat legit smash attacks and c stick smash attacks unequally in the new one? Why you gotta penalize the lazy, ninty?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

The only time this was true was Melee, where you couldn't charge up C-stick Smashes. Since brawl there's been no difference.

Yay

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im buying day 1 for the jams

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Doesn't matter. For it to function as a service (nevermind emulation-side), it has to be a standardized all-or-nothing thing.

gently caress it tho. Stop worrying. Put a disclaimer about buying a gcn controller before the game starts or else controls will be finnicky and then do something dumb with the extra inputs on joycons/pro like shaking the controller, or clicking the stick, or holding left bumper while using trigger activates its fully clicked mode.
Even if it sucks rear end nobody thirsting for these games but unwilling to use dolphin will complain.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Volte posted:

Celeste is probably going to make me finally get some sort of controller grip/case for the handheld mode because playing it like that makes my hands cramp up in like under two minutes.

The pain was extreme for me too. The d buttons being so low hosed up one hand and the need to basically always be holding the trigger to grip hosed up the other.
I played through it though cause it was good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Eat fresh

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

b_d posted:

lol drat even the beloved masturbation sequence in rp1 is ripped off? is there truely nothing sacred

Lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Andrast posted:

Smash just does't seem worth it to me when I have nobody to play with IRL

Invite me over so i dont have to buy my own copy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im glad smash lets me fix the control scheme cause the default feels weird trying to mimic the gcn controller layout with a totally different shape

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Joycon.

If you mean what layout i put shield/grab on opposite triggers instead of on the same side and put the attack buttons on x/y and jump on a/b like for a usual platformer.
Without the giant rear end attack button on the gcn it felt weird to keep it on A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ragequit posted:

Since I would mainly be playing solo or against my kids, what types of unlocks are in smash? I imagine outfits are a given, as well as a few characters. Are any unlocks gated behind online play?

I poked around a few sites trying to find a breakdown of all the game modes and options, but it’ll probably be a few more days before those pop up.

Theres like 65 characters locked away and a bunch of achievement gallery items