Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Man, whatever, I've been getting every OP for free since March. Thanks, paperclip!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Al Borland Corpse posted:

What the gently caress is Disney thinking they changed the tower of terror to a guardians of the Galaxy ride, I'm never going to Disney world again

Wait did they actually do that

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Waffleman_ posted:

The California Tower of Terror, not the good one in Orlando.

Oh thank Christ

Hey, got some news from the homebrew thread, the Switch is now officially supported by RetroArch, with full online multiplayer so if you're still pining for online snes games, they're only a paperclip away

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

If you like the gameplay and don't mind backtracking you can have a lot of fun with it. There are some cool moments that are better not spoiled that change the gameplay up

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Some would even go so far as to say that Kirby games are ONLY good for five-year-olds

Those people are wrong though, Kirby is fun for the whole family

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

SelenicMartian posted:

Is there an edition where you play as an anthropomorphic Bruce Campbell?

I don't know what you're implying about Bruce Campbell's physiology here, but I don't think I like it

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

drat it, I wanted to be first to market

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's wool. This is going to freak you out cause it's super gross, but there are these animals called sheep and people make stuff out of their hair all the time

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

And once again struggle over a crown has broken up a royal family

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

They used Wright, Right and Light and also Wily and Willy interchangeably in the early games. Nobody gave much of a poo poo about translating video games back then, cause it's all bleeps and bloops anyway, who cares?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

RZA Encryption posted:

I keep seeing that word "bowsette" everywhere. What is it?

They're porting the wiiu New Super Mario Bros game with added characters that have their own unique gameplay features. Toadette gets a princess crown powerup that turns her into a human woman and everybody on the internet wants to see Bowser use it.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It only just occurred to me that those lyrics are bullshit. Who the gently caress has more fame than the mario brothers?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Yes, it's called "Hooked on the Brothers" and we are in fact discussing it right now

Edit: you fucker, don't pretend your post didn't say "Does Mario have his own rap?"

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Oct 12, 2018

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The cgi licensed cartoon boom of the nineties was the greatest artistic period in Canadian history.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

lizardman posted:

I came to this thread because of the ad and I must say I am sorely disappointed by the apparent lack of horny Nintendo fans looking to hook up in my area :colbert:

https://twitter.com/randomferret/status/1049736576996175873

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Yeah

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That is not and never will be a substitute for a pause button, what the gently caress are you thinking

You think I'm going to quit and reload my save whenever I want to take a sip of water or read the text I just got?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

In order to really enjoy dark souls, you need to stop caring about yourself as a person and give yourself over to the game. It will disrespect you. It will do things that seem to accomplish nothing other than to hurt you, and it will laugh in your face about it. You won't understand dark souls until you've alienated everybody else around you and started spending your time on forums with other dark souls fans talking about how great dark souls is and how anybody who doesn't like dark souls is weak and stupid.

It's the Donald Trump of video games

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Alan_Shore posted:

You could have turned it down, you monster

Undyne has two of the best battle music tracks in the game and if you don't crank the volume you might as well not even play :colbert:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'm not sure our government would be willing to add four new provinces that come bundled with a floundering economy and don't even have any natural resources to speak of

If you want to be part of Canada you've got to at least have a lumber industry

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's because he's an honest person. He's honest in his business dealings and honest about who he is, both to others and to himself.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Heath posted:

There's never going to be another really and truly good Star Fox game is there

I guess Andross won't have his way with me :(

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

They get away with this poo poo because no matter how many workers they burn out, there's always a lineup down the block of people who are willing to break themselves because they've dreamed of working in the industry ever since they were five years old and they think their passion is going to make up for lack of money, respect and work/life balance

What's really disconcerting is that the exact same thing applies to commercial pilots

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

GreatGreen posted:

I think I was so put off by the idea initially that I just kind of stopped playing the game and never really found out if it gets better from there or is negated by some other aspect of the game.

As for the master sword thing, well, it’s the master sword. I’ll admit it is totally my hangup that I think Link should always have it available, or at least available more. But can you at least agree it’s kind of lovely that the master sword has been pushed down to being a rock smasher for most people primarily because the loss of its reliability due to the player never knowing when it’s going to break?

It just makes sense to me that once you get the master sword, you really should be able to just... play the whole game with it and change weapons just for fun or variety. Or at the very least, you should always have it available provided you don’t overuse it.

I wouldn’t even mind if it had much lower durability, but always reset once combat ended. gently caress, anything other than what we’ve got now, really.

Either way, I think the way the master sword breaks after X hits, no matter what, then you have to wait 10 minutes to use it again, is basically the worst possible way they could have implemented it.

It's a rock smasher because it has lovely stats. You can find better swords just lying on the ground all over the place

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Al Borland Corpse posted:

anywhere near a road.

Okay now I think people itt are just intentionally playing botw wrong

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

There's 4 to 5 hours of Star Fox content in it, so really it's more like TWO new Star Fox games

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Over There posted:

Huh? I thought you could play the whole game as him.

No, you can, I just wanted to dunk on Star Fox games for being short.

The 4 hours is the stuff that's exclusive to star fox

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The best combat system was in the best Zelda game, Skyward Sword.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

SteamWorld Dig 2 is really good, but short. I kind of powered through it accidentally and beat the game in a couple days. There were so many more upgrades to get I assumed there was another chapter or at least a new game+

I've never played any of the other games in the series, any recommendations?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

GoldenEye 007 James Bond for smash, except MGM won't license Pierce Brosnan's likeness so it's actually where they introduce the new actor who's going to replace Daniel Craig

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Oct 24, 2018

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I guess if there's one genre of top 40s music that wouldn't suffer too badly in a midi conversion, it's ska

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

mandatory lesbian posted:

i just wanna know if he's still from brooklyn

All Mario games are canon and can exist in the same timeline, you just need to realize that there's more than one Mario.

The first Mario was born and raised in Brooklyn and took on multiple blue collar jobs and one very ill-advised stint into ape-taming before starting a plumbing company with his younger brother. They're the ones who found a warp pipe in the NYC sewers and ended up in another universe. Everything up to Super Mario World followed that Mario, and he eventually retired to a castle in Sarasaland, with a nice view of the giant statue he had made of himself. Mario Land 2 is set decades after most of his adventures.

His twin sons, also named Mario and Luigi, were delivered by the stork at some point between SMW and ML2, and these are the brothers we've been following for most of the series. Unlike his father, Mario Jr. is on good terms with most of his villains, and doesn't think anything of inviting them over for a friendly game of tennis.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'm glad I saw all the new smash characters because now I get to anticipate how they're going to do a dramatic reveal for those good boys

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I was actually impressed when I saw that Mighty Gunvolt Burst was only 30 megs. Optimization is an art form, and apparently a lost art form judging by dark souls

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The jokes are funnier if you're buzzed, and you'll still be in the tutorial area tomorrow, it's huge.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

You can get a cheap hdmi audio splitter that will let you plug it into some pc speakers

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Bullshit. Musk grew up rich and only poor kids played Bubsy.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Your Computer posted:

Yeah I'm just bitter because of this. I like a lot of jrpgs and even enjoy grinding and dumb plots but I just... I just can't.

whoa, why isn't there a Pokémon TCG on the Switch

Nintendo, please

There's even a new one for tablets in the play store right now, they just have to port it

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's a competitive single-screen platformer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Yeah, the wifi is not great. They really should have built the ethernet dongle into the dock.