Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Annath posted:

I like my neon red and blue, but I'd like a D-Pad. Is there a tutorial/walkthrough you used?

(I also like the Atomic Purple joycons (can you buy them?)because that was the color of my 1st Gameboy Color :3: )

If they are the ones I've been thinking about buying, you can find the shells on Amazon for $24. I'm on mobile so I can't really get a link, but look up "BASSTOP switch" and that should point you in the right direction. I am so tempted to get an ice blue set, like my old N64 controller. remember that you will need a tri-wing screwdriver though.

Out of curiosity though, how is it to play on one with a D pad instead of the buttons in games that treats them like regular buttons? I'm thinking mainly in multiplayer games that use one joycon per player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Heath posted:

Just ordered one of those 8bitdo SNES controllers. Finally I can play Mega Man X with a proper controller the way God intended

When you have it and have played with it for a while, can you do a post about how it is to play with? I'm thinking of getting one or two as well and thinking/hoping that these will be better to work with than joycons with smash and whenever nsmb shows up.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I feel like an old fart, I haven't played a Pokemon game since silver. The fact that Let's Go is just the original 151 intrigued me, but I was turned off when I heard motion controls. Now that it's out I'm curious again. How fun is it, and how motion-dependent are the controls?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

bowmore posted:

no motion controls required in hand held mode, it’s the best way to play anyway

Ok cool I can live with that.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
How big is the poke ball anyways? The pictures I'm seeing don't give me a frame of reference for how big their hands are.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Stitch posted:

I typed pokeball plus into this website called YouTube (it’s on an internet) and got https://youtu.be/bNB-eepQDdM also a shitload of other “videos” which are like pictures but there’s a lot of them.

Good thing all hands and fingers are the same size I guess.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Wandle Cax posted:

It's about the size of a golf ball

Okay, bummer. I was hoping everything I was seeing was just larger hands, but then again Nintendo's main market is for kids so they would need to make it more appropriate for them to hold. Regular version it is then.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Speaking of controllers, does an SN30 (the non-pro, without the joysticks) work as a single joycon or does the switch see it as a pro controller?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

neonchameleon posted:

Because Nintendo. And because it was cheap to put in and they wanted to see what people would do with it. If it works then it will make its way into the Dualshock 5. Seriously, with every new Nintendo console they go back to the drawing board of what a controller should be and experiment, coming up with something new. Nintendo experiment more than any other gaming company and we basically remember their successes but it's also how we end u p with the Virtual Boy. Nintendo main cotrollers for their consoles are shown below:

And for those who aren't aware the only sensible looking one in that list is the Wii U pro controller, and it looks sensible because it isn't the default controller. The standard Wii U controller is below.

The difference between the IR sensor and the Kinnect is that the kinnect probably cost $150 to make. And to agree with others, I think that the Switch was what the Nintendo hardware division wanted to create when they made the Wii U - which is why they started making the Switch basically as soon as a system-on-a-chip that was powerful enough and cheap enough turned up.

Edit: I'm not even slightly joking when I say the 2020 mid-generation upgrade to the Switch should be a literal mobile phone which runs about a dozen apps, and can take Switch carts as well as phone sims.

It's certainly not a fair complaint about nintendo, but I wish someone would make a 6 face button controller nowadays, only because there were some n64 games where a c-stick really doesn't work.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I guess there's always the homebrew :filez: stuff if/when Nintendo doesn't flesh out their retro catalog, I'd prefer not to hack mine though.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

TaurusOxford posted:

Yeah, once people find out how to safely homebrew the Switch without risk of bricking it's going to become Wii 2.0.

There's already a supposedly unpatchable exploit at the hardware level so it's just a matter of time.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

repiv posted:

There's little risk of bricking if you have the proper backups saved, the real risk is that going online with a hacked system gets your system permabanned in short order and it will probably never be possible to bypass a ban.

Then again isn't nintendo's online play not very good? I can live without splatoon.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Amppelix posted:

Not only would this stop you from ever buying games on the eshop, seems like a pretty dumb assumption to make that there will never be a game you want to play online on switch.

I didn't mean to imply I was speaking for others but as for myself I'm an antisocial loser so yeah it's a fair assumption.

E: looking at this again I'm coming off a lot bitchier than I meant, I've got a headache and I haven't had much sleep the last few days (I use to love night shift but I'm starting to hate it). Ignore me, I'm a cranky rear end in a top hat

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Nov 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I play Kirby the same way I play Mario. The story is that you are a homicidal monster that was unleashed by the authorities when another bad guy does something. You aren't saving the day so much as going on a killing spree in the right direction.