Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Nintendo does not steal your money if you move across the world. You still have the funds if you switch your region back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Does Switch Dark Souls have the expansions?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Someone on reddit posted that the audio in the port is lovely. The video makes it seem so. What do you guys think https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/9pjfpg/dark_souls_remastered_not_only_has_worse_sound/?st=JNGYOZAM&sh=7270a280

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Al Borland Corpse posted:

I'm sure it probably is but I can't tell from watching that video cause I've never given a poo poo about audio quality and never noticed it's bad in anything better than AM radio. I've only ever used headphones that cost less than $10 or my televisions native speakers.

In conclusion, gently caress sound

Believe it or not, some people are like totally different from that

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
You should touch the demon. He’s right next to the bonfire!

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
30 hours in Grim Dawn and beating Torchlight 1’s campaign are my only arpg experiences and Diablo 3 is fun as hell. I haven’t read anything about people playing monks but I made one for my first guy and am having fun lightning punching fools and causing chain explosions. And my water friend is styling on mobs as well.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I’m loving Diablo’s campaign. I’m in Act V and I love how everyone is like, “Evil is here! All hope is lost,” but my monk just tells them all, repeatedly, that he isn’t afraid of anything, the gods made him for this, expert mode is easy as hell, let’s gently caress poo poo up. Idk how the characterization of other classes are, but the monk is the ultimate badass who seems to find the heavens being at stake almost tedious. I’m eating it up.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
In Diablo, is there a way to search for groups? I have my group set to open to public, but I can’t figure out how to join another group. People are dropping in and out of mine, how do I?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Saw a post on reddit Warframe is supposed to unlock 11am EST

E: per twitter
https://mobile.twitter.com/rebbford/status/1064676729602625537?s=09

Fun Times! fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Nov 20, 2018

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Having played nothing but Splatoon 2 since Quake 3 Arena is actually a bad thing rather than a good thing in terms of recommending online games. If you know what playing online is like, and you don’t like it, you should probably avoid buying Splatoon 2.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Bless Nintendo for letting me start the Warframe download from my phone

Is this what happens if you buy a game from your phone? Didn’t know this was possible.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

My final team was

Vileplume
Arcanine
Gyarados
Ivysaur
Nidoqueen
Alakazam

Now that’s a tight squad

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Posting to say that I bounced off of Warframe. Killing stuff doesn’t seem very responsive (Diablo makes smashing groups so satisfying somehow), and most missions feel the same. I did my due diligence and watched an hour of beginner guides and read a bunch of tutorials while starting out, but the grindy nature and dozens of different systems resulted in a depressing and bleak gameplay experience. The numbers went up and my list of goals was seemingly endless, but the process ultimately wasn’t satisfying.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
How do you catch Pokémon in handheld mode? Is it a timed button press or QTE?
Also, can you grind exp by catching Pokémon after Pokémon and setting them free?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
If you use a single joycon, can you play the gyro-aiming-handheld way instead of the motion-flick way?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Gameko posted:

Man I can’t decide what to buy in the Nintendo e-shop sale.

I’m going to get shovel knight treasure trove, but then I’m at a loss. I need strangers on the internet to make my decisions for me. Should I go with Celeste, West of Loathing, or Bloodstained Curse of the Moon?

I know I want to play west of loathing but it’s hardly a sale atm. Everyone praises Celeste. Curse of the moon is appealing because I loved Castlevania III and I love old school castlevania in general.

Get the game that you want to play. If the sale price of WOL (a relatively cheap game) isn’t enough to make you buy, why would you be willing to spend the same or more on a game you’re less interested in?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Didn't expect to see AOC in the Switch thread. I bet she has one.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I'm buying all digital and playing barely anything and I'm loving it. I got mad at Diablo for actually making me invest time. I wish the Switch had a streetpass thing where I could buy digital games for other people nearby so I could watch their libraries become full of great, unplayed games like mine.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I don't see the difference between equipping spirits in SBU and equipping stickers in Brawl. Can someone explain?

Fun Times! fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Dec 3, 2018

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

jivjov posted:

Stickers weren't in the last game.

Sorry I'm out of the loop. But what's the difference? Not trying to be a dick just genuinely confused.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
5 year old in our house absolutely loved BOTW, but she would pass me the controller when bad guys were around so I could take them out or run away. She felt confident running away from slimes, but anything else appeared too threatening and scared her. She mostly loved exploring the landscape and playing dress up, like everybody else.

Other games she likes:
Mario Kart
Spla2oon
Pokemon Lets Go
Minecraft
Yonder

Basically she likes running around open world games but she isn't advanced enough to read instructions or otherwise play the game the way it was "intended" to be played. But who gives a poo poo she has a blast. Minecraft is great for having a peaceful no-monster mode but the water still gets her.

Fun Times! fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Dec 4, 2018

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Do you want to make it to the Indigo Plateau, or wallow on Spice Street with the other tweakers?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Gex HD

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

jokes posted:

I don't see the appeal to playing Smash. It just seems needlessly boring and tedious unless you're playing with at least 3 friends of somewhat similar skill level. I liked it when I was 12, but it's never been good on its own.

Friendship ended with Smash, now Diablo is best Nintendo friend.

This was my opinion for the last release but this time online hopefully is great and I plan on cranking the difficulty so it's not as boring.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I hit some brick walls with 9000 level World of Light fights so I started playing classic mode, and wow classic mode is pretty fun :)

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Augus posted:

I don’t think this twitter person knows what they’re talking about

Phrases to say when you want to be correct about anything

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Digirat posted:

Is the zelda DLC worth it? Is it something that you should have from the start if you're going to get it or can I play through a quarter of the game to see if I like it first?

You can play without it and get the GOTY experience.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Because Taylor at work was an rear end in a top hat and she'll be around for years to come so you don't want to go home and get irritated by your favorite hobby.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Rocket League remains the only game I want to ever play. Dunno what it is but it's the one for me.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s really good. I return to it every few months and get addicted all over again.

I just never stop playing. I meant to post that in the Steam thread. If I got it on the Switch I'd never leave bed and I'd get sores on my rear end. No thank you.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
My brother got me a $35 eshop card for early christmas, and it was just enough combined with whatever gold points I had to get Celeste, Gris, and West of Loathing (which is on sale today for $7.something). He doesn't know poo poo about video games but drat it's gonna be a good start of the year.

What's everyone else getting with family eshop cred?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
The previous thread title that was democratically chosen and allowed to live for like a day was better than the current one

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
DQXI is a great turn-based JRPG. Dragonball art style and the quality of life improvements it introduces such as giving you a mount immediately, free fast travel, and being piss easy makes it a joy to play. If you have bailed on other games from the genre like I have, or if you are a fan of all of them, it's worth a shot when it finally releases.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Remember how stressful Metroid fusion became when Dark Samus chased your sorry rear end down? I never thought I would relive those feelings when I purchased acclaimed hipster game Celeste. Guess I don't like being chased by evil alter egos.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

tuo posted:

I suck at smashing.

But it's a lot of fun.

I've always been the worst of my friends at Smash, but honestly I think I have the most fun because I don't care when I lose.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
The WiiU would have sold if it had an equivalent satisfying click noise like the Switch has. Not only does the click play before every Switch-related video, but the console actually makes the sound itself? Bravo.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Isn't Travis Strikes Again a minigame compilation? Or like a genre-trip with Travis jumping through game types? I'm not too hopeful for it tbh

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
My childhood friend visited from out of state so I finally got to play Smash like the old days and drat was it a great time. Everyone is here. Comparing notes on how old fighters have changed was fun, and picking music before the fights was good as well.

Also I got to use a pro controller for the first time so now I have to get one myself.

Fun Times! fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Dec 31, 2018

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
My prize possessions are my girl and boy inkling and my wedding Bowser amiibos. They are my friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

Considering all the problems you guys seem to be having with the Pro Controllers, maybe it's a good thing Best Buy was sold out and I bought a Wireless Horipad instead.

It bums me out. I finally tried a pro controller over the holiday and I liked how it felt, but I'm not buying something if the d pad has a mind of its own. And the internet is crazy as ever if it thinks I'm gonna pay $70 just to have to disassemble the controller and tape the inputs or whatever the hell DIY solution is working for some people.