Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Fitzy Fitz posted:

In 500 words or more (or less), what's the best Disgaea 5 class and why

The unique characters are the best, you end up maxing every class in order to hit one of the stat caps, so characters with unique abilities or passives win out at that point.

For just going through the story you can use whatever you want. Got a lot of mileage out of Star Mage. Never liked the Skulls.

Theotus fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Oct 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

All of this has happened before, all of this will happen again.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Takoluka posted:

I played Prime after playing a lot of PS2/Xbox FPS games, and I could not get over not being able to use the C-stick like a right analog stick. I couldn't get into it as a result.

Motion controls on the wii version were apparently really good, I didn't get a chance to play it myself though.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Picked up Stardew Valley, Hollow Knight and Wargroove so far during the sale. Also sort of tempted by Celeste but I know a new farm on Stardew is going to eat a ton of my time for a while. Switch good.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I'm fiending for DQ11. I think I've done about everything there is to do in the demo and I still want to play more.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Am I the only one that thinks Town looks not great? I mean crazy slowdown in the trailer aside, gameplay doesn't seem that compelling.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

:siren:

So while checking the eshop for the SNES app, I found loving Puzzle Quest - With Tons of Extra poo poo Edition, and it is coming out later this month.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

SelenicMartian posted:

What the gently caress is the new trailer? Another fitness game?

Don't you want to squeeze the Nintendo Wheel? DON'T YOU?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Did anyone say Stardew Valley yet? Stardew Valley.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Stardew Valley goddamn it.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

dantheman650 posted:

Anyone get Puzzle Quest? How is it compared to the original?

Didn't see if anyone responded to you yet, but I grabbed it and played a few hours of it last night, here is what I noticed:

• Port of the XBLA version, not original DS.
  • If you haven't played that version, quite a bit changed with balance and spells.
  • Cool downs have been added, so crazy turn one wombo combos don't work anymore.
  • Music and graphics are passable, but were never great.
  • Performance is rear end, like surprisingly bad, but not a deal breaker.
  • Includes expansion and new content. 13 classes, tons of new quests, items and spells.

It's got a load of content for $15. Aside from performance being questionable and UI being a bit laggy on the map, it is still dope as hell.

Hope more people start playing so I am not just nerding out by myself.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Len posted:

So I bought Goose Game because the hype

Jesus Christ I need to stop buying into goon hype

Bounced off it that hard, huh? I think it looks amusing but am not tripping over myself to buy it.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

That gang tag is dope though.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Metal Gear HD collection for switch when?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Dragon Quest XI is fantastic. It is extremely charming. It is my first Dragon Quest game and I feel like I really have been missing out.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Shame on anyone who doesn't have Isaac.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Your Computer posted:

shame on anyone who does

Also this.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Andrast posted:

The solution is to play so much isaac that you stop realizing what the things are depicting entirely

This guy gets it.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

DQXI is extremely earnest and extremely charming. I loved it.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Quote posted:

Heck yeah. This looks like it overfloweth with medals. Thanks!

Also Trials if it is still $20. Pretty much exactly what you are describing.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

8bitdo is showing up today. Stoked to play some Mario Maker. :dance:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

My SNES30 Pro works like a dream in Mario Maker. I love it.

I ended up going for the Pro+ because it looked comfortable, I imagine the buttons and dpad are probably the same though. Heard nothing but good things.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Hollow Knight is great, but it is okay if people didn't enjoy it. Thank you for reading.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I am considering buying Diablo 3 again, even though I have been playing it on PS4 lately. Not sure why, but I feel like it needs to happen.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

PantsBandit posted:

I picked up Streets of Rogue. The game has overwhelmingly positive reviews on steam so I had high hopes, but it isn't really hitting my expectations just yet.

So far (and I'm admittedly super early) each level seems to just amount to wailing on npcs with pretty sloppy combat.

Play Doctor. Also if you wanna try multiplayer, PM me, I really want to check that out.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

The music in Hades slaps. It's so good.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Good first ten hours, too long and packed with tedium

Lol what

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Hades owns. The hype is for a reason. Buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Late to the party but the devs of super mega baseball just got bought out by EA. Pour one out.