Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Twice? Those are rookie numbers.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I am liking Fire Emblem a lot although having only managed 4 hours this weekend it could be in my switch for some time.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I would deffo buy Mario kart for 15 quid

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Are 1st party controllers for switch really worth it. I dont mind splashing out on the official controllers just because but 3rd party ones have comparatively high reviews. Don't normally trust 3rd party but man 55 quid for a controller is insane.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Glad to have tried Fire Emblem but its just not engaging me at all, fights are a walkover, the story is just a reminder I can skip cutscenes, christ that dialogue is grating, Oh well, sell and move on.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I'm not a massive Zelda guy but Minish Cap is the one i enjoyed least by a mile

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Is it not about time for team fortress 3

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Having Supe Mario World in your hands is a treasure

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Anyone use a pro controller with their pc?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
One of my friends I rarely see was round this weekend and I watched him sit and beat the whole of Star Fox in one sitting, it was quite the trip.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Dumb question time, can you play diablo 3 in local with coop? Google doesn't seen very decisive with how straight forward it is

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I usually don't play games in the morning but super mario world at 7 in the morning feels right

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The pro controller is great, yeah its kinda expensive but it just feels so good to hold, at first i thought the dpad was a little misplaced but you just hold the controller a little further down and magic happens

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Saw credits on super mario land, only got about 70 of the exits but had such a great time.

Gonna get right into link to the past this weekend and hopefully metroid too.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Cicero posted:

There are those who believe Link's Awakening is possibly even the best Zelda overall

Hi

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The pro controller is very good and reading that it stops any kind of menu tomfoolery is even better.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Thankfully i have no snes nostalgia so a pro controller was the only choice

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I cannot stop playing Diablo 3, it is delicious

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Links Awakening is gorgeous

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

So I've been playing Katamari in the evening. It's very good but I have issues with the controls. I've forgotten how to do the dash and it's not super intuitive.

You kind of wiggle both sticks in alternate up and down directions, it doesn't feel brilliant to me though.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I bought dq11 on ps4 but sold it in anticipation for the switch version and im happy this day has come.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Al-Saqr posted:

does dragon quest XI own? everything I've seen from it so far it seems like a by-the numbers RPG.

I'm not the world's biggest jrpg guy but this is kind of what im liking the most about it. Its not going for some crazy gimmick or unusual premise. It just feels like a good honest swords and magic, level up and save the princess kind of game. (I'm a dragon quest noob).

There's a light hearted tone to it that I just love, its hard to describe without reading the text yourself but even the way it tells you to pick whichever brightness level looks best to you just feels very homely and warm.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
My definitive list of must own switch games

Mario Odyssey
Breath of the Wild
Dragons Quest
Bayonetta 1/2

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is Link's Awakening "Zelda Good" or is it just a fun remake but not GOTY contender quality?

It is an excellent remake but also it made me feel like i didn't like links awakening as much ws i thought

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I think its about time they made it easy to play viewtiful joe on my Nintendo Switch

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
That warehouse game sounds like my kinda time

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Not a Children posted:

Bastion came way before Transistor, right? Does it still hold up?

I found it to be much more enjoyable but I just couldn't get my head around Transistor

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Stardew Valley is my bae

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I really didn't like breath of the Wild till i played it with a pro controller, playing that game with joycons sucks

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Achmed Jones posted:

It's actually great!

Except the parts where you have to tilt the switch to make a ball roll around, those are awful

I was not as bothered by this feature but yeah something about that game feels so alien without a proper controller.

Come to think of it I've never played a Zelda game that puts the jump button in the right place.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I've always struggled with BotW controls, only just realised there's an option to switch cancel and jump in the main menu and it feels much more intuitive

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I was having so much fun last night in breath of the wild before i found my first ever combat shrine and man I just felt useless

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Model Camper posted:

I love Bayonetta 1 and 2 and have never played a Devil May Cry. Will I enjoy DMC on Switch?

The first one?

Its a little dated and nowhere near as fluid as bayonetta but you could do worse.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Bought puzzle quest for the 3rd time thanks to switch sale.

Game is still hella good

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i mean yeah but you can only play Knee Deep in the Dead so many times

Yup about once every 18 months

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Everyone loves mario kart

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Anytime I think "i could use cheats to avoid engaging with this game" is usually followed up by "I could just play something else".

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
save states aren't cheating though they are just maximising efficiency

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Snake Maze posted:

Unless you're only saving state at places where the original game lets you save to avoid load times, it's cheating.

There's nothing wrong with cheating in a single player game, though.

I mean yeah its not exactly "honest gaming" but its a different thing to putting in IDDQD and being literally unkillable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Obviously, if you reached the end of a game, you beat it, no questions or objections allowed. You finished the game.

Hell sometimes I don't even have to get to the end