Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I’ve had the opposite experience where I’ve always gotten stuff day of release from Amazon. I think it does depend on region and when you pre-order’ed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Mr. Locke posted:

Forget that- who the gently caress designed your wife?

Andrast posted:

Nintendo

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Resi4 is one of those 11/10 games I will keep buying forever

:same:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
because it's on different SD card, duh

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

repiv posted:

8bitdo has a new thingy that bridges an original Gamecube controller to the Switch wirelessly

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/1060200244397400064

Holy poo poo thanks for this

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

This is nice but the joycons are way too small to be comfortable long. I have OG XBox controller hands.

I do too but I still prefer detached joycons

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
fr the switch has eclipsed my ps4 and rivals my pc for gaming time. Being able to play on the go is seriously that good

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Dizz posted:

mario rabbids is the only ubisoft game that was worth buying on release.

I finally got around to wrapping up most of the main campaign challenges, just got Hidden 3 & 4 left. Then it's DLC time, it's a solid game

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Couldn't you just save some money and buy it later? I mean lol at having money but obviously there is a price point, at which, you are willing to spend on a switch

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Yeah I beat the main game of Mario & Rabbids. I'm nearly done with the challenge levels for the donkey kong dlc and it's just a slog at this point. I want to finish it but :effort:

play breach instead

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

not a bot posted:

Getting my rear end kicked in Hollow Knight made me want to beat the offending boss even more.

this was basically me

I started it last week and finished the main game this weekend. Went in almost entirely blind except remembered some old advice of go somewhere else if the mantis lords are giving you trouble and had a ton of fun

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
sounds like Soul Master and I got road blocked on that fight too. Ended up going on a tour of other areas until I felt ready. Taking a breather and trying again later usually solved my boss woes

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I dunno, maybe nintendo could answer your question: https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45047/~/how-to-transfer-your-save-data-to-a-nearby-nintendo-switch or https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27394/~/how-to-transfer-user-and-save-data

fake edit:

Both consoles must have system menu version 8.0.0 or higher, be connected to the Internet, and near each other.

seems like you do need an active internet connection, and I've used phone wi-fi spots for streams / work stuff and it's been fine for that. I can't imagine that it wouldn't work for this

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Sep 3, 2019

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Cool, sounds like it should work. Last thing I'm not clear on, when they say the new console needs to have the adequate memory for the transfer does that mean I'll need two SD cards, the old one and a new one for the new console? Or am I being as ignorant as I fear about what exactly is saved internally or on the SD card?

The deal here is still more expensive than the one in the US, but given that I get new pair of joy-cons that are usually 70 euro I think it ends up being more or less the same price.

This one I already know but linking the article anyway: https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22289/~/data-management-faq#s1q1. Save game data is stored to system memory and all other game related data is stored on the microSD. So you should be good to go

This is all saying they let you do it in store. Some people have bought the new one, done the transfer at home, then return to the store to get a refund / trade in then. I had all cloud saves so I didn't need to go through this

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
you've reminded me of this sequence of events to get a yoshi-locked shine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JtH_raDm_w&t=78s

I loved sunshine but gently caress their implementation of yoshi in that game

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

RandomFerret posted:

The only dragon quest side game I want is rocket slime. Give me that pls

hell yeah, brother that game was rad. I'd happily replay it or a sequel

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
as someone who had never played a Bravely Default and just finished the demo today. I thought it was a fun little romp and made me want to play more

it was slow going until I realized you have to manually switch to target all mode for spells. Then once I got the Freelancer's Lucky Charm ability to recover other people's MP, I steamrolled the rest of it

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

stev posted:

I wiped twice on the first enemy I saw and immediately deleted the demo. :shrug:

I'm honestly sorry that happened to you. The starting area of the demo was obviously not the start of the game. The tutorial should help smooth out the learning curve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

SeANMcBAY posted:

Strong disagree. I love how it looks like a bunch of miniatures.

:same:

I enjoyed the game just like I did as a kid