Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

SMH if you don't rush out and buy Russian Existentialist Drama Link's Awakening and spend hours mourning the loss of both your innocence and sanity to the haunting whale song of the Wind Fish

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

I have what should be a simple question—how do you invite a friend to play animal crossing with you?

My wife plays Animal Crossing. A mutual friend just bought Animal Crossing. I sent our friend my wife’s friend code from her switch profile over text. Our friend sent my wife a friend request by ‘searching with Friend Code’. My wife accepted the request.

They are friends on their switch accounts. We can see when she is online through her switch profile and we can see that she is playing Animal Crossing. When My wife opens the friend app in the Nook Phone...all other internet friends she’s met while playing show up on her friends list to play with...but not our mutual friend.

TLDR: They’re friends on the switch, both playing animal crossing, but my wife can’t see her on the Animal Crossing friend’s list to invite her to play. What are we missing?

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

To expand on that short, lovely response - you need to be friends in game as well. Go to the airport and say you want visitors, then open it so anyone can come over with the dodo code, then give that dodo code to your friend and they can come visit. While there, you should be able to send a friend request to the person in-game through the nook app, and then after they are on your list you can add them as best friends.

eta: here's a link to Polygon where they go over it in more detail:

https://www.polygon.com/animal-cros...lle-mutliplayer

Thank you, that’s very helpful.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Inferior Third Season posted:

Do we know yet if it's possible to get the extension pack, but then set the auto-renew back to the normal tier right away? I'd pay the premium for a single year. Anything I can't get around to within a year is something I just need to accept I'm never going to get around to. But I'm terrible about checking on these things before the renewal date.

I always set a reminder on my phone with 2 alerts before the date to remind me at the same time I sign up for those kinds of things

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

The emmis were suspenseful and just punishing enough. Also the counter to escape being super hard makes you feel really good when you pull it off. I was having trouble breaking the head armor on one of them (attempting in a poor location was the main reason), and I pulled off the counter 5 times in a row. That felt really cool even if getting caught was from less-than-good gameplay.

The most challenging thing about them is when you enter the zone for the first time and you don’t have a map and don’t know where to go. Once you know where you have to go, you just out-run them by bee-lining to the exit you need. Helps you can pull up the map and plot your route.

I think if you wanted to increase the difficulty/suspense of the emmi zones without being overly punishing, don’t let the map/minimap work in them until the central unit is dead.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Sudden Javelin posted:

I've been having a rough time in my personal life recently and ended up restarting Breath of the Wild - never did beat it back at release, I committed the fatal gamer sin of putting it down just before the final dungeon (something I usually do with Final Fantasy games)

It's still very good. Been therapeutic almost, just zoning out and exploring for exploring's sake, I get why some people bounce off it but if just roaming a world is something you enjoy then it's hard to beat

Same, kinda. I didn’t re-start though, Link is just on a journey to create the worlds most delicious dishes from the finest ingredients in Hyrule at his own leisurely pace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

The snes.

My parents got it for my brother and I for Christmas, but like every big gift they ever got us, they had to gently caress with us a bit first.

I opened the box to see snes super mario, and I was bummed because I had to tell them “oh no. Thanks but you got the wrong game, we can’t play this on our nintendo…this is for the new one that just came out.”

“Oh sorry we didn’t realize that, I guess we’ll have to take it back.”

…after all the other gifts were opened for everyone:

“why don’t you try to see if your nintendo will play that one before we take it back”

“Uh okay but I don’t think it works like that dad…” *opens entertainment center under TV to find snes already installed*