Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Almost Every Nicalis game is on maybe sale right now.
Cave Story
Isaac
The End is Nigh
VVVVVVVV

etc all 40-60% off. Tonight is the last night

vvvvvv is an all time great game, $5 is insanely good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

The audio is ok but very noticeably bad in some parts like the parry sound. Luckily I can’t parry for poo poo

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

What’s a good grindy game to buy that I don’t need headphones for? 60 for d3 is a bit steep considering I’ve played the poo poo out of it on both PC and PS4 now.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Starlink is pretty fun? I love me some elite dangerous and this is scratching the same itch, on the switch

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

GreatGreen posted:

So now that Steamworld Dig 2 has been out for a while and the newness has worn off a bit... is it still worth getting? The sale price is $9.99 at the moment.

gently caress yes

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

TheHeadSage posted:

Are there any good Metroidvanias for the Switch that are easier, combat wise than Hollow Knight? Something more Castlevania: PoR than Dark Souls.

I like exploration, backtracking and stuff, but I hate the Hollow Knight combat and wish the developers added an easy mode for uncoordinated idiots like me.

Steamworld dig 2 is your best bet. Guacamelee 2 also just came out for switch and is good

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

fine I’m getting it

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Turn Witcher 3 into a point and click adventure game.

Isn’t this banner saga

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Spacebump posted:

Anything I need to know or keep in mind when I start Octopath tomorrow?

Keep some extra saves right before the chapter 2 bosses so you can listen to the transition to decisive battle II whenever you want

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Gris is pretty cool. It’s been a good year for video games starring depressed women

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Lodin posted:

Anyone try GRIS on Switch? I'm going on a trip i two months and if it's an ok version I'll double dip since I own it on PC and loving adore it. Easily my favourite game of the year from an audiovisual standpoint. As a puzzle platformer it does some clever stuff, but it's merely ok. But drat if the presentation and story didn't tear me up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtWnBHG6dis

I played through it about 80% on handheld mode. Presentation is still great but I can’t deny it looks much better on a big screen.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Over There posted:

with a little bit of The Sims

Go on

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Resident evil 1 is $30, cool

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Gris update. This game is so boring. Beautiful but my god it is boring.

Yeah there are a couple clever parts and it ticks all the boxes of a technically well made game but I immediately forgot about it as soon as I was finished

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Why is it $3 and not just free to play

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Katana zero is a brilliant game that sadly doesn’t do anything interesting or challenging with its mechanics until the last couple levels. This game badly needs its own version of Mario maker because it’s really satisfying to pull off a well executed run and then watch the replay of it.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

American McGay posted:

Imagine a Metroidvania but the points of interest on your map are 100 miles away.

No thanks, I’ve had my fill of hollow knight

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

whaley posted:

Bloodstained is great but there's really no excuse for how horrible it looks. If I released something like this at work I would expect to get fired

It’s so loving bad. I’m shelving it until some patches come out and I have a high tolerance for bad graphics and framerates.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

The iOS game wasn’t that bad

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Volte posted:

I do like playing in handheld (especially with the Satisfye grip) but some games are best experienced on a large screen with a decent sound system. I kind of bounce off BOTW every time I try to play it handheld.

I am the total opposite, I think botw looks and plays better in handheld mode

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Tall Tale Teller posted:

So help me understand here. This thread full of Switch owners is mad somehow that there’s a different model of Switch coming out? And that it costs money?

You’re all a bunch of shits, you know that?

Needs care a lot about sticking to original marketing campaigns

Also leisure and entertainment are a basic necessity

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Input lag is the real problem with bloodstained, not FPS you dolts

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

DQB2 is good fun but do the tutorials ever stop

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Canned Panda posted:

Okay Switch thread. My buddy FINALLY ordered a Switch. He wants to know what games (besides BotW and Mario Odyssey) he should start out with.

So far I've got:

Celeste
Golf Story
and a bunch of the Arcade Shumps (because he loves those)

I need some more games though. I'm blanking right now.

They will probably like Furi if they like arcade shmups

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

It’s loving garbage and my biggest regret purchase on the switch by far. And I bought Mario tennis at full price on launch

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Just lol if you just don't fully automate combat in Dragon Quest, even against bosses. Super glad they made it a cake walk.

It really can’t be stressed enough, auto battle is the canon way to play. It should be in the thread title when the game comes out

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Pointing out that loot boxes are 100% cosmetic is totally missing the point and I see this everywhere. It’s about using gambling mechanics to exploit addictive behaviors, not pay to win. Overwatch lootboxes are as garbage as the rest.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

The opening to super metroid still gives me chills. Best game and soundtrack ever

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

GreatGreen posted:

Best controller for analog stick games:
Nintendo Pro Controller

Best controller for d-pad games in docked mode:
PS4 Dualshock 4 with 8bitdo adapter

Close 2nd Best controller for d-pad games in docked mode and Best controller for d-pad games in portable mode:
8bitdo SN30 Pro+

Will the DS4/adapter combo let me play switch docked with headphones?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

How is amnesia? SOMA is one of my favorites

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

porkinson posted:

I have finished Super Metroid today, what an amazing game. First time I played it thanks to snesflix. I got a 74% item completion, does it change anything 8B the ending if I get all items or finish it faster than 9 hours?

I have already played more than 10 hours of this app well worth the 20 bux a year for Super Metroid alone.

I really feel the itch to play something else in that style now, what's out there to try on switch right now?
I tried blasphemous since it was in the new section but it's not even close, I don't like games where you die in 3 hits. It was more frustrating than fun...

Not switch but environmental station alpha scratched my Super Metroid itch more than any other game I’ve played

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

How is the switch port for blasphemous? I have been burned once by bloodstained, never again

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

I tried the internal storage thing and it didn’t seem to do anything noticeable at all. Oh well!

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Baller Ina posted:

Can anyone tell me about Sayonara Wild Hearts? It's caught my eye while looking into goose game.

FYI you can get it for free right now with Apple Arcade if you have an iPhone

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Only on file 5 but Astral chain is just uncomfortable to play, I don’t know how to explain it. Something is definitely off. I really hate the red matter cleanup as collecting it is awkward and makes traversal annoying.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

I got over the frame rate issues after a couple hours. It’s definitely not something you need to wait for a patch for.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Framerate issues are typical Zelda though? If memory serves right OoT was choppy, idk about MM

Zelda 1 had slowdown all over the place so it’s definitely a series staple

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

entitled goose game

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

katkillad2 posted:

Hot take: In hindsight I think Fire Emblem: Three Houses is a bad Fire Emblem game. The 80% social 20% gameplay balance is not good.

Post time skip was painful, so dull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

asecondduck posted:

Got the ending in AI this morning! Took me about 20 hours, but I then again read pretty quickly. I also have a decent amount of collectables that I missed, I'll probably get around to that eventually.

Overall, I really liked it. The characters were all fantastic, all the questions I had were answered, and while the plot isn't as bugfuck insane as VLR or ZTD it's still got plenty of twists and turns. Despite Date being a perv as often as he could be, the game overall feels more wholesome and optimistic than Uchikoshi's previous works.

I really hope it does well enough for Spike Chunsoft to greenlight another game from Uchikoshi. It's absolutely the most involving and engaging visual novel I've played, mostly in part to the onscreen characters reacting and moving during conversations. Here's hoping that Level-5 and Capcom are paying attention and do something similar for the next Phoenix Wright or Layton game.

How’s the switch version? I read performance isn’t great but I read that about every game now so idk anymore