Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
More like Nintendo Rich. Have you seen the price for those contollers/games/onliNES?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Barudak posted:

I hope OP introduces a hunger and thirst meter, its too easy to get a power setup right now.

We all know the thread has durability issues.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
If I have drift in the joycons while in handheld mode, if I buy new joycons, will that fix the situation? I've tried recalibrating and cleaning the sticks but they continue to drift.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yes since it seems to be a hardware issue.

That's what I thought. Thanks!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Rerelease the PowerGlove when?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

The Bloop posted:

Someone earlier said you start with the master sword which is obviously not in that game, but if you start with the magical sword it can't be a save state since you need 12 hearts to get it. If it's the White Sword, which is more likely, then yes it might be a save state.

Even then I think it would require you to have opened doors in dungeons and have the ladder or raft which weren't mentioned

Yeah, they should just release Crystalis.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

overdesigned posted:

Neon Red Joycon pairs are $65 on Amazon right now, if you like red/want another set.

Is this a good price? I've complained about drift for a while but haven't replaced yet. Any chance it'll fall around christmas/black friday/cyber whatever?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Any of y'all that find zelda 1 so easy, what about Metroid? Holy hell that game had interesting but horrible level design. I had no idea where I was half the time. Thank God for zero mission.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

whaley posted:

What is that? Had to quit playing ni no kuni because of the combat even though I really liked the rest of it

Same here. Everything outside of combat is a joy, even when it gets repetitive. The combat is just flat out offensive.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Is Starlink poo poo going to get crazy expensive over time or will it get super cheap / liquidated in a year?

Yes

Edit: hedging my bet, No.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

SelenicMartian posted:

Release a Starlink/LABO kit :argh:

Release a demo.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Just lol if you don't rush Dark Souls to the DLC and quit after beating the lizard.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Kart Barfunkel posted:

I still don’t think I understand the benefit of becoming human in DS. I understand the humanity items are limited count healing items, but why would I want to de-hollow myself if I can just lose it if I die in ten minutes?

You can summon/access multiplayer if you're human. Your soft stats like item discovery also go up if you have soft humanity, but you dont need to be human for that.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Barudak posted:

It also gives you a boost to the luck stat, I believe. Not that it matters much.

Ah it was liquid humanity which controlled luck. I think that also controls chaos weappns damage?

I think so. It's all really obtuse and the only thing I cared about was the increase to item find while grinding for humanity.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Best news ever.

Game better have gyro control options! :argh:

Good news: it will have gyro controls

Bad news: its tank gyro

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

This is fine. There's a control scheme for the Steam controller that plays this game like a dream, even though it has tank controls.

The only tank game I've ever completed was the first silent hill, and that was only because I ran past everything. My mind doesn't work that way spatially.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Barudak posted:

Yeah, but is one of the most voluminous blehs. It takes multiple hours to even fight something and its not like the pace appreciably picks up from then.

What it lacks in exciting gameplay, it makes up in tedium.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Rogue Legacy is a game you will play for 10 hours non stop, then stop playing and never return to.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Really dumb question but Diablo 3 doesn't have a demo on any system, right?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Macaluso posted:

There's gonna be a Splatfest that's gonna be like "what's better, the wedding cake or the wedding presents" with a picture of the two of them saying their vows to each other and people are still gonna be like "what great friends they are"

For the record Marina is team cake and Peal is team presents

Ah, the old " is it better to give or to receive" except not about sex.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Reality Pisser posted:

The NES collection is p cool, the interface is good, emulation is nice with real world sprite flicker included and I'm a savestate whore, but, it only shows nes games. Anyone else notice this? Wonderin if im the only one.

Nope, I see Axely and UN Squadron for SNES on my end. Two shmups, come on Nintendo, how about some variety here!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Are you talking about Switch Online? Am I just missing :thejoke: ?

Read their post :ironicat:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I would say BOTW is a bit complicated for very young kids

Hey Dad! Come look at this awesome new sword I found! Isn't it so neat!

*sword breaks in two swings*

*child learns about death and object permanence at the age of four*

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Astro7x posted:

https://twitter.com/Nitomatta/status/1070044276476674048

yeah... I'd buy that for the third time. Why not?

Metroid prime 1 is a fantastic reinterpretation of metroid. It is probably one of the best games I've ever played. Metroid Prime 2 however, oof. That game is twice as long as it should be. The ammo gimmick is interesting in concept, but way too irritating in practice.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

DLC Inc posted:

Not sure if this is for real but The Last Story 2 could be coming

https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/2018/12/04/the-last-story-ii-switch/

This would be a hell of a deep cut to get a sequel for. Operation Rainfall lives on.

I remember playing, enjoying, and even beating The Last Story, and I cant tell you a goddamn thing about it aside from it was a cover shooter rpg, had really strange fetch quests, and good music. So, needless to say, I hope this is true.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Gripweed posted:

Another LA Noire annoyance. There's no way to manually save and there's no way to know when it autosaves

Lol, wait until you play Dragon Quest 11. I swear, games should auto bind some button to autosave for consoles.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Wikipedia Brown posted:

I just want every Metal Gear on Switch. I keep thinking about it when I see something MG-related in Smash.

Like, gimme those games. At least, whichever ones are reasonably easy to port, I'm not asking for Konami to put effort into something. Judging by the Vita poo poo, the PS2 games would work great, and you can easily cram the Subsistence versions of the MSX games. Peace Walker would be rad.

Hell, gimme AC!D and PoOPS while you're at it.

And, uh, Revengeance would be awesome. Where the metal gears at.

My dude, you want a VITA.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Wikipedia Brown posted:

I have a vita but I it'd be better on swinch

This should be the thread title.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Heath posted:

Kero Blaster is on sale for 7 bucks so I picked it up. This is the chillest little shooter. I also got a game called The Next Penelope that seems to be a combination between the a shoot em up and a top down racer. It seems cute.

Kero blaster is indeed chill and has great music.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Is there a reason Solaire isn't in Smash? Because he should be.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

exquisite tea posted:

Buying physical is even worse because in addition to the disc often not even containing all the data it needs to run the game properly, capitalism gets the last laugh again by forcing you to fill up your home with worthless nonfunctional crap.

Take my husband, please!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Are there any first person dungeon crawler Wizardry clones for switch? I think the only one I know of is Labyrinth of Refrain. Is that even a Wizardry clone? Anything on the horizon? I'm playing Demon Gaze right now and it's pretty drat fun, even if I can't play it in public.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Hammer Bro. posted:

I'm not too sure what makes a Wizardry clone but let me know if you find any worthwhile -- those kind of things tend to be my jam.

First person dungeon crawler, mostly customizable party. Demon Gaze, Strangers of Sword Coast, Etrian Odyssey, and Eliminage Gothic are what I'm talking about. I'm not as big a fan of Dungeon Travelers.

I dunno if Labyrinth of Refrain is closer to one or the other.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Stanos posted:

Labyrinth of Refrain and The Lost Child are the main ones so far that I'm aware of. I really hope Exp Inc jumps ship soon and/or stops making kind of mediocre visual novels with base exploration in them. Or at least ports some of the back catalog. Or Dungeon Travelers 2-2 gets put on switch so I can play it in English and not be lost on what the hell is going on half the time.

If I was going to get one or the other I'd get Labyrinth of Refrain. I think both have price cuts around 30 bucks right now and you're going to get more bang for your buck out the former than the latter. It has two stories sort of going on at the same time and it gets pretty silly after a while. Not like Drakengard insane or anything but it gets out there. The dungeon crawling is alright, nothing amazing but it was a satisfying experience and I think 30 is fair. I wouldn't call it Wizardry or anything, it's not exceptionally mean or archaic so if you're looking for that experience that ain't it. If you like Demon Gaze though it'll probably be fine.

The Lost Child is still a hard ask at 30 unless you're hard up though, it has a lot of problems. The gearing system is atrocious, there's like maybe ten music tracks the entire game, and if you're expecting something like SMT with the demon/angel/whatever system you'll be disappointed since its more like Pokemon than anything. Maybe somewhere around 15-20 is fair, I paid full and was pretty annoyed by the experience. Also the postgame dungeon is a goddamn nightmare and not in the fun sort of way. A 100 floor dungeon that starts to grate around 50 and very cryptic puzzles.

In other things, I hope Ys 9 eventually hits switch, playing 8 was a treat and I'm so used to playing Ys on a handheld at this point that not having the option seems weird.

Thanks, after growing up with Wizardry I kinda ignore the story. I dont quite get why the gameplay for these style games is pretty deep and yet the storys seem like they're from some overly horny junior high fan-fiction. I want a group of manly men and badass women to explore a maze with traps and treasures. I dont want to go ripping clothes off sexy kobolds.

Oh, wait. Gamers are man children living in a state of arrested development.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Zarlog posted:

I think The Keep comes out tomorrow. No idea if it's any good.

Looks interesting. I'll watch some gameplay videos.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Stanos posted:

Refrain is very narrative heavy so if you're not into that you'll probably be annoyed. It's not a titty game like DT2 is if that's what you're worried about but it does have Anime so you'll get some of those jokes and the puppets you make have questionable battle attire. I found the story interesting enough at least but I've basically played every dungeon rpg on vita and I've started doing the same on switch so I guess the anime radiation doesn't affect me as much anymore or I'm used to a more barebones story that basically shoves the plot along or gives you at least some reason to trudge on to the next objective. If all else fails you can just fast forward past it.

Agreed. I guess you develop a blind spot for the dumb armor and bad character graphics on the vita games.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Oxxidation posted:

owlboy is a very content-thin game whose only memorable traits were its artwork and its relentless and baffling cruelty

Same with Cuphead.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I haven't played Cuphead but every video I see of it, it doesn't actually look that hard. It looks completely fair. Does it only look that way? Everytime I see someone doing terribly I feel like I can see exactly where they hosed up, not the game. It doesn't look as hard as, say, Mega Man 1, which I can beat without being hit (this is mostly due to repetition and muscle memory though). PS Rock Monster is always buster only

It's a much less deep Mega Man. It looks great, but only controls ok, I found it a little floaty for the punishment you take if you make a mistake. There just isnt a lot of substance under the gorgeous style.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

That hand drawn animated style always sacrifices hitbox perspicacity, definitely a trade off

Yeah, that too. I might be conflating floaty controls for bad hit boxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

CYBEReris posted:

configuring my toaster into a dock so that every time i play docked my switch comes out nice and crispy

Toaster is less hot than my old xbox 360