Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I assume it's Disney's strategy to keep using their horrible face/voice deaging technology that makes everybody act like they're on methadone until we've all forgotten what regular people used to sound like. One day they will release a new trilogy created entirely by non-union visual effects artists and it will make a billion dollars.

Like, just let James Earl Jones sound old! Or put some processing on Hayden's voice, he'd probably do a pretty good job!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Just Chamber posted:

It depends if James Earl Jones actually voiced Vader and it was de-aged or if it was purely all just AI doing it from scratch which I imagine we'll discover after the series ends with behind the scenes stuff. I'm perfectly fine with it if it's just modulating his vocals a little to sound younger, because why while the actor is still alive not utilize their performance even if it needs a slight bit of enhancement? I'd prefer Vader to not sound like a 90 year old man in the prequel to the OT honestly.

Maybe use Hayden once JEJ passes though, but if it sounds absolutely nothing like Vader then just get someone who can do a really good Vader, like whoever does the video games etc.

I'm on mobile so it's a pain to find the link, but it is actually JEJ through a filter. Regardless, Vader's lines don't sound that much better than Robo-Luke's. Whatever the filter is doing, it smoothes down everything to the same neutral cadence. I'd much rather have Vader sounding older but actually expressive.

I'd really like to hear what Hayden would sound like with the same suite they give JEJ: no smoothing, just the equalization, etc. An underappreciated part of Hayden's performance is his deliberate delivery of lines, I assume to sound a little bit Vader-y.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Spermando posted:

Re: Snoke. Killing him in the second film without explaining him at all was a complete waste of an actually threatening villain and the last possibility for any world building beyond "the First Order is a thing that exists". Now the only villain is an inconsistently written character who the main character has already beaten physically and emotionally.

Snoke was never a threatening villain, he was just some generic schemer that TFA did nothing to make interesting. Killing him off is one of the best ideas TLJ has, right up there with having our last look at him be his stupid dead face with his tongue poking out. It's the ending he deserved.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

teagone posted:

Maybe the next episode opens with a cold open flashback with Hayden? Lol if the only scene we get of him back as Anakin was that illusion Obi-Wan saw on Mapuzo.

I was really hoping he'd have a bigger part :( Would've made his and Beru's death way more impactful if the show made me care about them even more.

When Hayden was announced as being in this I kind of assumed he would be some kind of figment of Obi-Wan's imagination haunting him. It doesn't really make sense to put him in the Vader costume since that's more of a special effects performance than an emotive one, but instead of keeping him out of the suit he's just not in the show much at all apparently.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Dave Syndrome posted:

Other than Tera Sinube from Clone Wars (or at least a member of his species) I didn't recognize anyone. Some people claim to have seen Mace Windu in the background, but I seriously doubt it.

EDIT: https://screenrant.com/who-were-jedi-in-tombs-obi-wan-kenobi/

Not criticizing you for this, but drat is that giant list of content-free SEO articles at the bottom of the page depressing.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

That DICK! posted:

they basically could have solved both shows problems by swapping the plots around. have obi-wan stay on tatooine the whole time doing dances with wolves poo poo with the tuskens and taking an interest and pride in the local community of this planet he called a pointless shithole backwater back in episode 1. then have boba fett going around doing cool search and rescue poo poo on various planets

I might just be repeating stuff I read in the thread, but I remember reading somewhere that the Boba Fett Tusken episodes were salvaged or at least inspired by the script for the Obi Wan movie before they turned it into a TV show.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
It's kind of silly to realistically analyze fight scene choreography in movies. Of course the mooks are standing around waiting for their turn to fight the heroes, it's a movie! That's their job! The emotional stakes of the throne room scene make it work.

To pick another example, when Luke goes berserk after Vader threatens to turn Leia evil in RotJ, his saberplay isn't "tactically sound" or whatever, he's wailing on Vader like he's got a baseball bat. He's angry as hell and that's what the scene is about.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Imagined posted:

I realize this is damning with faint praise, but: the prequels are bad, but for better or worse, they are clearly the product of one person's artistic sensibility and vision. They're George Lucas-y to a fault. So they're inherently more memorable and distinct than the sequel trilogy, because George Lucas is a brilliant god drat weirdo with only the remotest understanding of how other human beings function, and with the prequels he didn't have to compromise with anyone on anything.

The biggest failure of the prequels is on the actual filmmaking level. The dialogue isn't great, but there's plenty of great movies that have awkward dialogue, and if you remove the incredibly awkward Anakin/Padme scenes it brings the average way up. Pretty much any scene with Palpatine or Dooku is great, and there's the lovely opera scene in RotS (allegedly written by Tom Stoppard, natch). And there's some lovely themes running throughout the trilogy.

But my god has the CGI in those movies aged poorly. TPM looks alright, but the latter two practically look like the Clone Wars cartoon! Some of the compositing is downright comedic.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

ruddiger posted:

What kind of reception would the prequels get if Disney updated the cgi?

As bad as some of it looks (especially the clones, my god), I think the issues with the prequels are deeper than that. The issues with the CGI are a byproduct of a lazy production that was shooting first or second drafts and as Larryb said, using greenscreens for practically everything so Lucas could change his mind about what a scene should look like all the way up until release day.

It's harped on in the RLM reviews too, but the documentary for Episode I has a scene where the crew sit down and realize the ending of the movie doesn't work, but then they just keep it that way. That documentary is wild, by the way, and you should all watch it if you haven't. You'll realize immediately why people thought Jar Jar would be cool and why everybody ended up hating him.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

nine-gear crow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=861gfPVmgdc

They also took creepy dead eyed plastic Action Figure Luke from the end of Mando Season 2 and somehow made him look even more horrifying.

I didn't watch the whole thing, but this is like seeing the clip of the news anchor hyping up that scientists digitally recreated a mummy's vocal chords so that we know what ancient Egyptians sounded like and then at the end of the clip the mummy goes "ern."

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Re: the flashback, there's no real reason to have it be a flashback at all. Have it be all in Obi-Wan's head as he's dueling with an imaginary Anakin, trying to figure out how Vader would approach this scenario. Throw young Luke and Leia in there cheering on their dad just to make it explicit that it's in his imagination.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Jerusalem posted:

Who is feeding Obi-Wan's space camel on Tatooine is what I really want to know :ohdear:

The first episode had a very significant shot of Obi-Wan slyly wrapping up a small cut of meat and concealing it in his robe that they repeated like three times. I figured he was going to get called out/fired, but instead... nothing happened.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I always suspected that George Lucas was the only person in the world who loved TLJ but thought TRoS was even better.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

That DICK! posted:

there was nothing to get mad about, just see a couple lightsabers, eat your popcorn, and enjoy the utter loving disaster-spectacle before you. stuff like palpatine coming back in fortnite, christ powers' rey, snoke in the jar etc. etc made me hoot and holler and laugh.

Boy I dunno, I walked into TRoS with my expectations in the toilet and was still shocked at how bad it was. An RPG trading quest plot where one of the steps is an ancient knife in the shape of a ship that crashed 30 years ago if you happen to stand in the exact right spot, and also the super-secret room it points to is just the Emperor's throne room's guest bedroom.

The lightsaber fights were good, I'll give you that.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Reva's motivation is basically fine, I think, she hates the Jedi because of how being one almost killed her/Inquisitor stuff and she hates Vader because he was the one who tried to kill her. The killing Luke thing isn't well thought-out, but neither is she at the moment, she's just lost her chance at revenge and been stabbed in the gut, she's lashing out randomly.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

The Monarch posted:

I'm curious where they're going with Karn. When he first moves back with his mom it seems like they're setting him up to be disillusioned with the empire but nope, then they set him up to join up with the ISB but nope. It's kinda hard to imagine where he'd go at this point, apart from going back to trying to find Andor on his own and just getting arrested.

The show is clearly setting him up to be a crucial character in the Andor story, but WHAT IF we just get two whole seasons of him failing downwards, and occasionally upwards, and his final scene in the show has him on Scarif during Rogue One, shot in the back by Andor who doesn't even notice him.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
lmao I read that book when I was six years old. I really liked the first story where IG-88 became the Death Star, I sure did not remember Boba Fett slut-shaming Leia.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Close Wars is, if nothing else, interesting. It took watching Rebels, which is a very conventional show, to make it click how unconventional Clone Wars was. It's got a massive cast, new locations every other week, and especially in the later seasons, legitimately great action sequences. Something they bring up in A More Civilized Age is that once George Lucas starts pumping his personal fortune into the show, the design team starts building huge stretches of alien planets and then the directors will come in and pick a small section of it to actually use for the episode, like they're scouting a physical location. It's such a start contrast to Rebels, which takes place largely on the same planet with largely the same cast of characters, using pretty much the most generic CG style possible.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Bloody Pom posted:

Not sure if someone already posited this theory, but:

During an unrelated sweep, the manifesto and corpo blaster turn up, leading to Syril getting carted off to Narkina Five for thought crimes, and put on the same floor as Cass just in time for the prison break. :allears:

If memory serves there's also credits from the Aldhani heist in Andor's go-bag.

Does Karn have an alibi for the Aldhani heist besides hanging out with his mom? They could end up pinning that whole thing on him.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I've been thinking about Luthen's inside man a lot since this episode aired. Imperial defectors feature in a lot of Star Wars media (eg "I'm the spy!") but even what little we've seen of Lonni suggests a more complex character than your average turncoat. In the scene, we learn a couple things: he's been silent for a long time; he's worried his spying is going to endanger his family; and information he's received from Luthen has aided his career in the ISB. What can we make of this character from this information?

Lonni is clearly not a true believer in rebellion. He's got a lot invested in the ISB and he's not willing to give that up, either for his sake or for that of his family. I doubt he goes about his work any differently from anybody else in the bureau. But he does have a sense of compassion, and when he learns that the ISB is about to set up and kill a bunch of rebels, he risks detection to try and get Luthen to call it off. That's why he's aghast when Luthen is willing to burn 50 men for the sake of Lonni: because Luthen is a revolutionary while Lonni just doesn't want to see a bunch of people get killed. Oppressed? Sure. Jailed? He'd probably be okay with that. It's like an inversion of Pontius Pilate: Pilate in the Gospels doesn't want to sentence Jesus to death, but goes along with it once things start getting politically inconvenient for him. Lonni, on the other hand, can stomach quite a bit of fascist rule but ends up breaking for the good guys when things go too far.

I want to see more of this character.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Wasn't Rian Johnson originally announced as the director of 8 and 9? I figured the issue there was that the stuff set up in TLJ would pay off in his next movie, but then 9 got shuffled around to like three different directors.

It kills me how incredibly accurate this meme was.

Jerkface posted:

Lucas provided disney with treatments for an entire sequel trilogy, 100 scripts for star wars underworld, and i think treatments for some stand alone films too.

Disney just wanted some of their own stuff (make it like the ot please)

I want to corner somebody who worked on Underworld and find out what exactly the hell happened, because I refuse to believe that they actually finished 100 scripts for a show that never got made. If it were anybody but George I'd say surely we're talking outlines or treatments here, and more like 30 than 100. But... there is the chance they just never got their poo poo together and somewhere in the Disney vaults is a completed 7 series prestige drama exploring the rise of capo Glup Shitto.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Captain Splendid posted:

In the EU at least I remember reading Han could expect to live another 50 years if he looked after himself after turning 70

Which is doubly funny because all of the principal players in the OT and PT are dead before 60, I'm pretty sure. Luke and Leia are 52 and 53, Han can't be much older, if Obi-Wan is like 23 in TPM he's 55 when he dies, Anakin is dead at 46. Granted, most of these are not of natural causes, but dang Obi-Wan in ANH and Luke in TLJ look 20 years older than their theoretical ages. Moisturize if you live on Tatooine, folks.

It's pretty wild how much "No, I am your father," completely hosed up any sense of how long the Empire had been around.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
The ghost of Saw Guerrera sneering at the planet the First Order blew up. "How's that Neo-Republicanism working out for you now?"

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

Obi-Wan having been alive pre-Empire already sort of did that, unless they wanted to have him be like 250 years old in ANH. (given he's a space wizard with eastern flavor, it's not that crazy)

Honestly though, the Empire having only been around for a few decades is a detail that's bothered me less and less over the years, given how fragile some 20th century empires were.

It's less the existence of the Empire, I think, than the complete amnesia about the Old Republic and the Jedi that strains credulity a bit.

I think 40 seems like a good round number, basically enough for two generations to grow up under the new status quo. It's about how long Augustus was emperor for; by the time of his death only the oldest people could recall the Republic.

Rochallor fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Nov 14, 2022

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

zoux posted:

He was the bad guy in the first two and those are the only ones I saw because I heard they made him a good guy and also walked back every interesting thing they did in TLJ.

One of the apologies I've seen for TRoS is "well of course they had to bring back Palpatine, there was no big bad after TLJ killed off Snoke!" when TLJ pretty explicitly states that Snoke was the link between the First Order officer class and Kylo Ren's weird Sith poo poo, the tensions between which are already starting to build by the end of the movie. It basically sets up a situation similar to ANH where Vader is this weird rankless enforcer whom everybody tolerates because he's the Emperor's best friend, but now Kylo Ren, despite being incredibly powerful, now has nobody in his corner. Does he try to ally with the Rebellion? Is there a First Order civil war? Does Hux put out a hit on Kylo Ren (okay this one they kind of did, but in the dumbest way possible)? Can Kyle pull off a successful coup on the officer class? There's a bunch of different directions you could go with it.

StashAugustine posted:

Kylo and the First Order in general being huge tryhards who know deep down they can't match up to their forerunners and trying to be more psychotically violent to keep up was, like, the only actually good idea in the sequels

Agreed, they're like neo-Nazis in the modern age, just absolute weirdos cosplaying as dead fascists. It's a great concept.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

404notfound posted:

From reddit, apparently the Cantwell-class is based on the original Star Destroyer design by Colin Cantwell, which is both a cool nod to Star Wars history and to one of its designers

Aw, that's neat. It's kind of a goofy design, but I guess it works as a kind of specialized intercept craft.

Luthen's escape maneuver is also pretty much how Luke escapes a tractor beam in Heir to the Empire: allowing the tractor beam to tractor in a weapon. Somebody should really figure out some safeguards against this type of thing!

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I mostly hope Luthen isn't a Jedi because he's way too cool to be one of the losers the PT revealed the Jedi Order to be.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Owlbear Camus posted:

I've actually just hit upon a head canon I kind of like about why the PT Jedi Order is so terribly disappointing:

The start of the decline of the Jedi can be roughly marked by moving the temple from Jeddha to Coruscant, whenever that happened. Accepting the official sanction of the state and becoming religious cops started them rotting inside out to ultimately become the impotent losers we're introduced to in TPM, bargaining with slavers to keep their slaves and blindly manipulated into becoming "Generals" lording over slave armies fighting a pointless orchestrated war. In my head, the ancient warrior-monks operating with no official sanction far removed from the galactic seat of power with the laity guardians of the Whills at their side were the Real Deal, or closer to it.

This isn't really even headcanon, this is pretty much text, it's just that a lot of how the Senate and the Jedi work in the PT is poorly conveyed. In TPM Anakin asks Qui-Gon if he's come to free the slaves and Qui-Gon says, "No." This is a pretty strong indictment of the Jedi, another one being how they failed to notice Darth Sidious operating under their loving noses.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Kaedric posted:

She already called him out for being 'open minded' about Leida doing this... so it doesn't seem like he cares

I took her saying that Perrin was open-minded about it to mean that he doesn't put much stock in the old traditions, since it sounded like she was pleasantly surprised.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Love Rat posted:

Has any force-sensitive ever referenced sensing droids?

I think one novel or other mentions Jedi being able to sense droids by their electrical impulses, but not like as living beings.

One of the better stories to come out of the old EU was the Zuckuss/4-LOM story in Tales of the Bounty Hunters, where 4-LOM, one of the bounty hunters from the bridge in ESB, is preoccupied with the idea of 'intuition' and regularly meditates to try and gain insight through the use of illogical thoughts his brain ought to be filtering out. It ends with him getting a vision of himself as a student at a Jedi academy.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Sentinel Red posted:

Should he have lied to the kid? If you accidentally end up in a slave state in the arse end of nowhere while on a mission with the literal fate of an entire planet at stake, would you drop everything to go on a two man crusade to overthrow the warlords of said slave state?

Ignoring the context of the situation and trying to twist his words into some kind of uncaring, pro slavery statement is disingenuous, and lame as gently caress.

1. Unironically yes.
2. Also yes because, as it turns out, leaving the regime of slavery in place ends up being a major factor in Anakin's turn to the dark side and consequently, the rise of the Empire.
3. The Jedi should have been focusing on this sort of thing in the first place, but they're so blindsided by the state of things on Tatooine they don't realize that the planet doesn't even use Republic credits.

I know there's a view of Qui-Gon as being in the right about the way of the Force, especially since he dies tragically and later becomes the first Jedi in a long time to find out how to appear as a Force ghost, but he's as dead wrong about everything as the rest of the Jedi.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

teagone posted:

Character study of Obi-Wan dealing with the recent trauma and grief while in hiding on Tattooine that relates to the many encounters he and Anakin experienced together during the Clone War. You can frame episode narratives around Clone War flashbacks, giving Hayden something better to do (this would require a lot of budget I guess, lmao). Explore the relationship between Ben and Owen more, and amplify the rift between their ideologies over Luke. That has the added benefit of giving Owen and Beru a meaningful backstory that adds more emotional weight to their eventual deaths in ANH. I feel like Little Leia had zero place in Obi-Wan's story. Owen and Beru were right there.

I had just assumed when Hayden was announced that he'd be some kind of hallucination or phantom haunting Obi-Wan as he ekes out a life on Tatooine, and frankly my idea's way better.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Hannibal Rex posted:

Good point, Mon Motha still needs a big moment other than selling her daughter into an arranged marriage.

Ever since they introduced Davo Sculdin I've felt like the conclusion to her arc would be that she gets the money, her banking irregularities are exposed anyway, and... everybody just goes, "Politician getting a loan from a crime boss? That's just baseline expected corruption." It craters what little ability she has to get things done but her secret is safe at the expense of her reputation. That seems like a lot of ground to cover in one episode, though, and there's a lot of plot lines to put a bow on.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Mameluke posted:

The Jedi were honestly grateful to Dooku for not having to call them "the lost nineteen" anymore

"Aren't you heir to a massive estate on Serenno, Master Dooku? Boy, sure is a shame you can't inherit that while remaining a Jedi."

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Sentinel Red posted:

Vel's a goner, probably B2 and maybe Luthen too. Syril will gently caress up but somehow squeak out in an improved position (maybe even bag Luthen?), Ferrix gets rekt, what's left of Bix is busted out of the hotel, and Cassian - with nothing else left in his life - joins Cinta in devoting it to loving up Imperials 24:7.

Hmm, I'm almost certain one of Cinta or Vel is going to die but my money's on Cinta. The stuff about her being harder than any of the others seems like it's pointing at her going above and beyond either trying to take out Cassian or a bunch of Imperials and getting cut down. It seems in retrospect that the reason she didn't exfiltrate from Aldhani was that she wouldn't have let Cassian walk away holding the money. That's been a confrontation long delayed

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

DurosKlav posted:

Nothing will ever beat Luke losing his cool and flirting with the dark side in ROTJ. He's not sword fighting anymore he's just wailing away like its a club, plus the music during that bit is just so good.

Agreed. There's something to be said for the ultra-choreographed saber fights of the prequels on a visual level, but lightsabers are so much better when they feel like they have weight (even though they are quite literally weightless). The one thing the sequel trilogy unambiguously got right was making the lightsabers feels kind of unwieldy.

Anyway, I couldn't believe I would be saying this three episodes ago, but I am down for #keero. Let's greenlight the most toxic relationship in Star Wars, if not all of fiction.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Cythereal posted:

This show is amazing, and the finale was great.

What really impresses me about Andor is that they're willing to take things slow. There's an atmosphere of tension and anticipation, even in the episodes where arguably not a lot actually happens. But you can tell that things will happen, and it makes them all the more satisfying and intense when poo poo finally gets real.

I'm wondering how the funeral march is going to watch on repeat now that we know how things end up and it's not really that bad, but at least upon initial viewing it was incredibly tense.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Vintersorg posted:

What wasn't that bad? A pipe bomb is thrown and people get killed all over the place and brought in. They dragged at least 4 people to go straight to hell.

"Empire kills dozens by shooting into a crowd on Ferrix" was one potential headline, but others included "Star Destroyer glasses city from orbit," "Credited cast members all start shooting each other," and worst of all, "Anvil guy and B2 get shot."

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
RE: the Death Star and construction times, I can't find anything specific but I recall from one of the ANH behind-the-scenes books from back in the day that there were patches of the model that were left unfinished to give the impression that bits of it were still under construction. So maybe Death Star I is still a couple of years from being finished when it gets blowed up. Enough decks oxygenated that they can run it, but maybe a lot of the internals are just empty space.

Death Star II was designed as a trap so presumably focused on the superlaser above all else, but it's probably a decade or so from even being mobile.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

kliras posted:

i just think of the planets as, like, wyoming, or the dakotas. doesn't have to be the most densely populated thing as long as the travel time, supply lines etc make some sense

Yeah with space travel every planet doesn't necessarily need to have a bunch of settlements. Ferrix is probably colonized because it's along a convenient shipping route. Everything built there gets shipped out to other nearby planets, so realistically all you need is enough foundries, living spaces, and markets for everybody who lives there, which might only be a couple thousand people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Introducing... Clarinet 2.

I'm very intrigued about what happens between Cinta and Cassian. Will she be willing to look the other way if he's all in, with Luthen vouching for him? I'm presuming he brings most of the money back, and it seems clear that multiple people had doubts about Skeen.