Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1051663114335346689

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Skwirl posted:

I love people pretending they gave a poo poo about She-Ra before the new cartoon was announced. It was only on for like a year, my mom tells me I liked the show but I have no memories of it and knowing my young brain I probably thought it was just episodes of He-Man (It was off the air long after I realized Star Wars was three separate movies and not a tv show). I'm in my 30's

Good chance your mom thought it wad an episode of He-Man too!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

"If they have big eyes they can't be asian" - Smart anime watcher guy that definitely understood NGE

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I for one am glad that Rufus shows up once a week to complain about those totally unreasonable leftists making otherwise perfectly good liberals and centrists turn to right winger or some stupid poo poo.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I am so incredibly liberal and left wing. That's why I strongly dislike when people are left wing.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

CynicalThundercunt posted:

Homophobia, racism, sexism have more blood on it's hands as movements overall, but a racist rear end in a top hat saying "yeah man gently caress the blacks amiright" isn't killing anyone. One rear end in a top hat not vaccinating their children against preventable, lethal diseases is directly putting their kids as well as all the kids they meet in harms way.

There is no :psyduck: big enough for this post.

Edit - Interesting that a "fresh" account goes straight to this thread to start arguing about how racists deserve a voice.

Roth fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Nov 24, 2018

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Didn't she write Mockingbird?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Retro Futurist posted:

What exactly did Cain do that was transphobic? All I can find is people calling her that for not including a trans character in Maneaters

The tweets have her stating that everyone should be referred to with gender neutral pronouns only.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Principal Hellmann posted:

Why do the right thing in the most respectful manner possible? You can't OWN THE LIBS that way!!!!

Gonna drink raw milk to own the libs.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The Rising Sun flag in his avatar pretty much sums him up on its own.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Rhyno posted:

A goon ate a comic once.

I used to buy so many comics because it was the only thing I could afford to eat.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I can get why somebody would fall for Jordan Peterson as a teenager since I thought libertarian-ism just made perfect sense when I was 17.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I know it's a random nobody, but the subtweet is just too funny

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1098711637433946113

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I rememeber 2013 era "Lol look at the SJWs" and it was honestly not much better than now.

That was the origin of attack helicopter jokes, and people seemed conpletely ready to disregard any concept no matter how valid because kids on tumblr didn't have the best understanding of it.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I've known a lot of gay men whose entire opinion of women seems to consist of "EW, PUSSY!"

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That's the big buff zombie from Resident Evil 2

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I understand dude being gender neutral to a lot of people, but if somebody that isn't male is telling you to not refer to them that way, then I don't know what the big deal with respecting that is.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

This is jusy the long standing Conservative tradition of ineffectual protest by spending money on stuff they hate.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

All Mods are bastards

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

So it is getting review bombed.

I've heard it's pretty good. Better than Titans which I'm finding to just be a slog

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

One of my friends was really into alt lit as an artistic movement and was pretty devastated when Tao Lin was revealed to be as horrible as he is.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That sure isn't going to be a tweet that middle aged white dudes are going to latch on to

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

site posted:

you know, seeing this here reminds of when someone recently asked me why people keep posting about vic in this thread since he doesnt really have anything to do with comics and i couldnt give an answer

Since I asked that I think I've since remembered that ComicsGate people decided to support Vic too, so that's probably why.

Still, I don't think a video clip of him making creepy comments to a child was something that was needed.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

You guys could at least try to give the impression that you're not just patting each other on the back about the fact that you're not nazis whenever someone suggests that that the language/attitudes you're expressing in this thread isn't the greatest.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Rhyno posted:

Did it just do that to you?

Epic post man. Is your next joke going to be about attack helicopters?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Ablest rhetoric and language is awesome when I use it, actually

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Darth Brooks posted:

Part of the problem is that humor is in part pain related. It's that shared wince at a memory. If you have to remove all sharpness out of language you end up with a joyless safespace. Balance is needed, and is healthier.

I mean, I make fun of my own anxiety issues all the time with dumb humor, but having somebody else make uncomfortable jokes with language that's punching down wouldn't be appreciated. Like, Jesus Christ, it's not that hard to just go "Oh, sorry, I don't want you to be uncomfortable with x joke" and just drop it.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm not going to be sorry for expecting better than jokes that weren't funny in 2012.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Vince MechMahon posted:

And you shouldn't. But here's how his should have went:

Other dude: "some dumb poo poo he shouldn't say.".

You: "hey that word makes me uncomfortable, can you not use it like that."

Other dude: "oh I'm sorry, yes I'll stop using it in here."

Done. Instead you came off like a right wing parody of the left and the other dude is coming off like a loving stupid rear end in a top hat, and we've got a page long derail. Just awesome.

I mean, all that happened was Covok asking to not use "triggered" like that, and then me pointing out how dumb it is to get hostile over that and shitposting in kind to Rhyno's garbage post.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Yeah, to me the important thing about leftist thought is the desire to self-improve and learn how to be a better person. I guess my posts come across as rather hostile, but I'm mostly just annoyed that it feels like every time Site, Archy, or Covok point out something problematic in the thread it feels like that person takes it as a personal attack and immediately starts doubling down. Then suddenly they're the bad guys for voicing dissent. It's not just this thread either, it's all over BSS and SA itself as well.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I can't believe even ComicsGaters would say that EVS is humble

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

ImpAtom posted:

This is despite the accused's sister flat-out saying "gently caress you to anyone who tries to use this as an attack on the victim"

No surprises they aren't listening to a womam

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

ryonguy posted:

Yeah, somebody getting bent out of shape for someone pointing out they're being kinda lame for printing in a horrible country is a p good meltdown.

https://twitter.com/Iron_Spike/status/1169981393209843712?s=20

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

This is the funniest thing to happen in this thread in a while

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Good lord, why are we discussing somebody's take on Attack on Titan from month's ago?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think I could go a few days without being reminded of how much people hate black people

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Rhyno posted:

I live in Indiana so if I have to be reminded every 46 seconds you can handle twice a week.

I just don't understand the excitement for it

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Rhyno posted:

I think you need to get your sarcasm receptors cleaned out.

No worries, enjoy!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Vince MechMahon posted:

If you've read anything Lindeloff has said this is 100% the case. He's a rich white guy who's totally out of touch. Him thinking that thirty years of a liberal president would be enough to fix the cops and make it so police and white supremacists aren't a Venn diagram that's just a single circle is proof enough of that even discounting all the incredibly dumb stuff he's been saying lately.

The show is blatantly anti cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The second episode has the police force arrest an entire trailer park in retaliation without any evidence while the chief of police was revealed to have a klan hood, so I'd love to hear how you came to that conclusion