Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

D.N. Nation posted:

UGA -6.5 against Florida. Ehhhhhhh

lsu is better than people thought and florida is probably not as good as they look

counterpoint rivalry games are weird and the neutral site probably does georgia more favors than uf

idk i doubt florida can cover the spread much less win; they looked okayish at vandy, barely beat clanga, and they only edged out lsu by a td. georgia looked way more impressive before ed orgeron smacked them in the mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

LeeMajors posted:

wut

a) UF is better than they look, because they’ve been inconsistent on offense but consistently rolling up yardage and putting up pretty solid point totals compared to years past

b) Jax is pretty solidly neutral or slight lean UF.

the idea wasn’t “florida is a bad team”; they’re not (definitely top 25, probably top 15) but uga is probably at least a touchdown better than them

as to the other thing, i think uf would do better in athens than uga would in the swamp so uga benefits from the game being in jacksonville

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Emron posted:

I mean OSU got blown out by Purdue and only dropped to #9 in the coaches poll so the precedent is already there

alabama has also been incredibly dominant in a way no other team has this season so i feel like the polls would forgive a misstep against lsu, especially if it’s by less than a touchdown

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

if notre dame goes 12-0 in any year they’re playing for the natty, that’s just facts b

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

inspiring that a man who had to relearn how to read from being so badly concussed learned to read so good that he wrote a book about how concussions are actually v cool

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

i’ve been through this twice with vcu basketball coaches

they all stay until they’re gonna leave, it is what it is man

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

purdue is a way worse job if only because you’re living in bumfuck indiana

i also imagine recruiting is tougher because louisville has somewhat nice facilities iirc

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

wernox posted:

And now we're gonna spend that money on our coach!

Seriously guys, I'm really not that emotionally invested in this. It just amazes me how little most people know about Purdue in spite of the fact its got 40,000 students, alumni who walked on the moon and even a gay airline pilot who is the son of the Chinese Gordon Ramsey......what has Louisville got to brag about? Huh? Those Duck Dynasty hicks?

none of those things have anything to do with football though

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Lasagna Pilot posted:

I have no idea what UGA is at this point, Florida can't pass so I don't consider them a real contender. Mullen is better than Smart though, Smart is going to need to maintain a talent advantage to win that matchup in the long run IMO.

s&p+ has florida at 14 and uga at 5; florida seems about right and uga seems kinda high

i wrote out a longer post but my phone ate it because iOS is terrible but the larger point was that regardless of where florida and georgia are headed in the future (spoilers florida Is going good places imo), uga by -6.5 is a reasonable line in light of where they are as of right now

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

the civil conflict is so dumb that it goes all the way back around to great

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Spaced God posted:

I keep saying the words "nationally ranked appalachian state" to myself over and over again but it doesn't sound real

georgia southern puts a mollywhoppin on em, runs the table, and doesn’t end up ranked until week 12 book it

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Declan MacManus posted:

georgia southern puts a mollywhoppin on em, runs the table, and doesn’t end up ranked until week 12 book it

step one complete

KKKLIP ART posted:

Not stacking the box against a team that has thrown like 4 passes all year long.

yep.

how much tape do you have to watch before you know you should stack the box against a fuuuuuucking triple option team you see every year

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

LLCoolJD posted:

Hollow Knight lets me game in small doses after my kids go to bed. I loved RDR but I don't have time for getting sucked into RDR2 now. If it ever gets a PC release I may not be able to resist, though.

If UVA beats Tech, do you think Fuente is toast?

eh

he put up a 10 win season and a 9 win season and even if he loses to uva he’d still be in position to put together an 8 win season; i think his seat is hotter going into 2019 than it would be otherwise but if he makes a bowl this year he should be okay

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

also didn’t vt lose a bunch of their defense to graduation this year?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

CannonFodder posted:

The radio guys said the defense lost 9 starters, 4 to the NFL.

Still, stack the box and make GT pretend to have a passing game.

agreed, that was more of a “the defense is underperforming in general” rather than an excuse for that piss poor playcalling from last night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Raku posted:

Could it be a personnel issue? Maybe VT's depth in the front seven is so bad they actually think they stood better with the full secondary in

even if that were the case, you could have the corners play on the line and have the safeties contain instead of playing 2 deep for no reason

georgia tech attempted one pass all game long; you gotta find a way to make adjustments mid-game so you’re not getting burned on 78 rushes at 6 yards a pop even if you’re thin on defense

• Locked thread