Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you thankful for?
This poll is closed.
Video games (sincere) 44 10.89%
Video games (ironic) 14 3.47%
Video games (the mod) 74 18.32%
Video games (but only for my platform of choice) 10 2.48%
Video games (but only the one game I play) 13 3.22%
Video games (but only the ones I played as a kid) 17 4.21%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (sincere) 38 9.41%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (ironic) 14 3.47%
Bowsette 117 28.96%
That this Bowsette meme seems to be dying 63 15.59%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Can't hide from who I am. You're Not Alone from FF9 has been stuck in my head for the last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Accordion Man posted:

Same reason Pilllars of Eternity 2 sold so bad that Obsidian got bought by Microsoft despite it being a fantastic game, the world is cruel and unfair. :v:

Obsidian has been pretty poo poo at marketing themselves. I would hope they fair a little better with that under Microsoft. I didn't see anything about POE 2 until it was out.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Just skip back to X-2.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
rad games of 2018: hitman s2, spaderman, exapunks, into the breach, obra dinn, yoku island express, poe 2, guacamelee 2, monster hunter world, the messenger, donut county, bloodstained, lethal league blaze

cool games of 2018: super mega baseball 2, thronebreaker, soul calibur 6

pretty, well made, and tedious: beard of war, rdr2, blops, far cry 5, ninokuni 2, dargon quest 11

games that conquered me: la mulana 2, mario tennis

lame disappointments: twewy w/motion-only allowed controls, madden's return to pc (but it's bad)

still on my list to play: valkyria chronicles 4, room 3, assassin's creed, the missing, tetris effect

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
I'll go wherever Bloodborne 2 is.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
food owns, i own

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
It's honestly a great emergency snack on its own. Out of the jar with a spoon or a straw if I'm driving somewhere.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Didn't Bethesda stop giving out review copies sometime in the last few years.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

that's just the main character of rugrats

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Dark Souls.

Also those are both fine to good JRPGs.

edit: wait I was thinking of Xenogears.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
I liked Mexico. That boat ride and the song might stick with me forever. It did have less memorable characters, and almost no likeable ones (but that's almost every Rockstar game). Controls were less of a convoluted mess, too.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

MMF Freeway posted:

Did anyone say FF8 for this yet. I always think of this track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNdGoENQNQ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx_Qqzs4cfk

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'm playing around with some 3d printers at work for practice. Should I print a model of Solaire or the Elite Knight from dark souls?

A mimic, Gwynevere's boobs, Chosen Undead in the Old Monk robes.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Minish cap is the best zelda followed by most of the handheld games, majora's mask is a shitheap.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Cook serve delicious or overcooked, because 1) they aren't anime 2) cooking should be stressful and make you feel taken for granted.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Relax Or DIE posted:

Just say something cutting about sportsball

The warriors are always trying to walk it in.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
majora mask is bad. possibly the worst zelda after train adventure zelda and twilight zelda

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Lethal League Blaze is the best fighting game of 2018 anyway.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Himuro posted:

I’m really bummed. Majora’s Mask is (or was) one of my favorite games. Now I don’t enjoy it as much and find it really tedious. I could start the Great Bay stuff now but I don’t want to do that awful pirate dungeon.

It's pretty bad. Luckily other companies learned playing against time limits and constantly resetting progress in a big adventure game is bad. Minit being the exception that proves the rule.

When will we get to the real roots of Zelda: Zelda 2?

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
I agree with most of that. Though I'd also add the writing in all the little collectables is genuinely pretty good and a lot more interesting than following the Chosen One solving everyone's problems.

And it's a very straight forward and easy platinum trophy.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Let's just all agree no one has ever enjoyed MM and it's a bad game so everyone can walk away happy.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

In Training posted:

Yeah and it's a 10x better game

Now you're just trolling.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Honestly not wrong. Every handheld zelda is more tolerable and emphasize fun, and Link to the Past still remains GOAT.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Black Flag was good in that little space for a (relatively) small period of time.

AssCreed 3 came out and bombed, there were a handful of mediocre, okay-but-boring sidegames. And it was considered generally more fun and exciting than games after it since Unity was a laughably buggy mess and horribly optimized, and Syndicate was England but by then the whole series felt like pumping blood from stone with the never ending onslaught of releases and how monotonous and one-note they felt.

But AssCreed 4 absolutely does not hold up just in the sense of having almost no respect for players' time with unskippable long cut scenes and the much maligned tailing missions.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

bushisms.txt posted:

Serious question, what is a "great" in game reward?

Neon Pink armor. Unlockable suplexes. New Game+ options that drastically change the game/enemy dynamic. Final Fantasy OSTs. Spinning rims. Mustaches.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm strongly considering picking up Hitman 2016 after the conversation this morning. It looks like I can get the Defninitive Edition physical for pretty cheap, does anyone know for sure I'll be able to use my save from the digital free trial I played this summer? This is on PS4. All the different versions and episodic stuff is a bit confusing so I want to get the most complete version possible, but I don't wanna have to redo the tutorial stuff.

The game doesn't lock you into any level. Season 1/2016 MIGHT make you do the tutorial level. Season 2/2018 gives you an option to skip.

SO

As soon as you register Hitman Season 1 to your account, you can immediately download the prologue level for 2018/season 2 for free, and play the entire 2016 game in the new engine forever.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I know that you could play the 2016 levels in the new client but are there actual gameplay modifications because of it?

A few. It plays identically with some graphic enhancements, and adds some new if minor mechanics like functional mirrors that can spoil you sneaking up on someone in the bathroom and shrubbery+crowds stealth you like tall grass in HZD/AssCreed. And they reintroduced the briefcase in season 2 which you can use in every s1 level.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Everyone deserves a Pokemon Snap experience.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
It's time to bury zelda, linkle is your new hero of time.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Majora's Mask is poo poo from the rear end.

top 10 for 2018

Hitman
Yoku Pinball-vania
Messenger, for the funny shopkeep
Into the Breach
Obra Dinn
Dead Cells technically went 1.0
Pillars of Eternity 2
Spiderman
Devil May Cry V trailers

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

codenameFANGIO posted:

The Switch library is seriously very good at this point. drat I am never gonna finish Uncharted 4 now. :geno:

If you got to the part where you play Crash Bandicoot, you've already seen the best of what it has to offer.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
I love starcraft 2 more than anything. it's frenetic whilst you're racing against your opponent and yourself with most perfect unit micro. ive also contracted ahdh ocd night terrors and several frivolous mechanical keyboard purchases in the meantime.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Every Metal Gear Solid is cool and good.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

The 7th Guest posted:

Legend of Zelda: Does Link Ever Kiss A Girl?

Like, not cheek but lips. And who made the first move. Who was it? Please let it be Zelda :)! (I'm Sorry! Link and Zelda NEED to be together. It makes me mad if Link doesn't go with her cause he's the one always saving her and crap and suddenly a girl comes out of nowhere and barely helps him and gets his heart. IT WOULDN'T MAKE SINCE!)

link's true love is prince sidon

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
make sure you wait until the cursor does a lock on animation on their heads

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-11-26-nintendo-fans-excited-by-zelda-skyward-sword-nintendo-switch-port-reports rip

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

PantsBandit posted:

Is anime just cartoons?

yes

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Sakurazuka posted:

The only one I'll say is bad is Spirit Tracks

I don't like MM, BotW or the NES games though.

p good selection. zelda's not a train. mm is bad. botw is a good nintendo open world game, bad zelda game.

zelda 2 is great, tho.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Astrobot is rad, but Hitman 2 owns so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
sega and nintendo can suck a fat one, but i'm pretty excited for katamari

• Locked thread