Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Picked up my Mazda3 the other day. Really tidy car. Nice to be back behind the wheel of a Mazda again. Feels like home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Fermented Tinal posted:

What is with AIers and RX-7 hoarding? Mekilljoydammit has 14 of the fuckin' things.

The most I had at any one time was 4 but that was a long loving time ago

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Im 3 pints in ams now i have to cook a moussaka

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Dropped my tools off at the new job. The toolbox they've given me is huuuuuuge. Gonna need to buy more tools. Start on Monday

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Fender Anarchist posted:

i've been hiding this for like 4 months but gently caress it yall are cool

so yeah i caught me a case of the genders. that's pretty important context for my reaction to all this. my state vocally and undeniably wants me dead, or at least cares enough about MAH TAX DOLLARS that they're willing to vote in politicians who do, which is functionally no different. i can't even claim the right wingers are a vocal minority anymore, 8 million people voted yesterday, something like 60% of the state, and we still lost.

gently caress this state gently caress the south gently caress the country gently caress this gay earth

Somewhere (massachusettes??) just voted to enshrine lgbt rights so it's not all lost keep fighting the good fight etc

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Don't hide who you are, look at Fridge Corn, he's just openly a bit of a dick and we still (kinda) love him for it.

Aww cheers mate ❤ u too

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

keykey posted:

Work for free? Forget that noise, that's what poor people do!

that fry meme where can't tell if serious or sarcastic

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Gingerbread House Music posted:

Forcing someone to vote would be directly against your personal liberty.

Liberalism is a mental illness

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

some good posts last night

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Adiabatic posted:

How's everyone's day? Anything you're looking forward to?

Ive bought some skirting board

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Winter tyres are a good idea wherever the temperatures drop close to freezing regardless of how much it actually snows

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Find an empty car park after the first snowfall and go nuts

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Back In Black is almost forty years old, and also is timeless. Craziness. (Cue the "same album eleven times" quote.)

Ive never understood the hype tbh

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Could tell it was a 323 from the profile immediately. The US did get Mazda/Ford stuff mainly in the Ford Probe/Mazda MX-6, sharing a few engines like the 3.0 duratec v6 that was in every tribute (maverick) and mpv probably a bunch of other stuff I can't think of right now

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I had a 323 GTX back in the day for a bit and it owned owned owned but finding parts for it was a mission and that was like 12 years ago, I can't imagine trying to run one now

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

A new j mascis album just came out and its v good

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

first day

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Residency Evil posted:

Bouncer at a european night club?

Yep got my tracksuit on

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Okay I just went out for a ride in a 488 Pista

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

CornHolio posted:

Real icy out this morning, a number of pile ups, some schools even delayed.

My studded snow tires got me to work no problem :smug:

epic self own for you are now at work

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

cakesmith handyman posted:

One day I aspire to owning a computer good enough to run a first-person fallout game :allears:

PS4s are pretty cheap

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Anyone want to guess how fast an 812 Superfast is?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

slidebite posted:

Hey question to ask without wading into console-specific threads in games, and I kind of trust the hive mind here a little more....

I am thinking about getting a new video game console for myself and probably also buy one as a gift to my father in law for xmas this year. There are some good black friday deals on and coming up and not sure if I should stick with Sony or jump to MS.

We both presently use a PS3 as our main home entertainment hub but not necessarily handcuffed to Sony, although I do like the Gran Turismo series. We do both own a PS3 and various assorted games along with it, although it doesn't sound like there is backwards compatibility so I'm not sure if that has any value. Besides, it's not like the current PS3 has to be thrown away.

We both have 1080p TVs, is there any benefit going to one of the "upgraded" consoles like the PS4 Pro or Xbox X for 1080p?

Not a huge gamer, but probably would end up buy RDR2 right away for myself, and I'd probably look for car racing games for dad. He also likes pinball games (like Pinball Arcade - owns every season in PS3).

Opinions for which way to go for the casual gamer? Online play is minimal, if any, we might sometimes play head-head in racing games but that hasn't happened in a long time. I see there is a good deal now for a One S bundle w/Forza.

The exclusives alone make the PS4 the obvious choice. You can't play Horizon Zero Dawn or Bloodborne on an xbox so what is the point of it?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

"Good" and "Dr Who" is not something that should ever be put in the same sentance ever since I watched it well before almost everyone here was born. And it was still very much poo poo even in those ancient times - the difference being at least the stories were actually original and the special effects were new and looked half okay on a fuzzy 1960's black and white idiot box.

You probably shouldn't get so worked up about a children's TV show but you do you

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Adiabatic posted:

You are living your best life.

I have to say that after about a week and a half at Ferrari, the nature of the work is very similar to Aston, but the cars are so much cooler

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Siochain posted:

Sorry bro, that's not a pot pie :P Fight me :)

Its a pot pie because the pie crust makes its own pot around the fillings. Can be beef, pork or chicken (hell, even saw a clam chowder one once...wasn't ballsy enough to try it though). But the crust has to envelope the fillings so it all cooks in its own juicy awesomeness.

Over here that's just called pie

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Siochain posted:

And another wrong answer :P (but in all seriousness, is pie generic for sweet or savoury - aka apple pie and a chicken pie? or do you have some other wordage for a sweet/dessert pie?)

Pies are generally savoury. We usually get sweet tarts or crumbles rather than pies

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

freelop posted:

Crumbles are the best dessert

:yeah:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Fender Anarchist posted:

I've never actually done a heater core and it's exactly as awful add I thought it would be

try pulling the dashboard out of a DB11 just to replace some rattling air vent

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

No degree, no experience, got a great job at 39. I know plenty of people with great jobs but they are saddled with crushing amounts of debt.

Edit: now reading it's more than 15% of GMs total workforce.

I haven't got a degree either and I'm working a dream job

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I feel like I should have known what a 288 GTO was already. How come I have never heard of this car before lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Wow, one of the best Ferraris ever made imo, top five easy. How old are you? I'm an 80's kid so that had a lot to do with it I think, it was the best supercar of the 80's besides maybe the Countach .

The Daytona Spyder is my all time favorite tho, take some pics please if you ever get one of those in. Some pics of the GTO would be cool too, assuming that's what you have in your shop :)

I'm a 90s kid, though the F40 was the first car on my wall, so looks like I just missed it! Very cool car and I think I prefer the look of it to the F40.

Other classics we have in the shop atm off the top of my head:

250 gt
330 gt 2+2
Dino 246
365 bb
two 512 bb
three 308/328
two testarossa

and the 288

No pics unfortunately, not that anyone looks at this dead gay website but it's not just my employer but ferrari themselves get pretty anal about things posted online apparently so not gonna risk it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I agree, and it's pretty tough to top the F40......Here's a little gem for ya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKm-wcxkl5U

I hear ya about the pics, too bad but oh well. Not worth getting in trouble at your brand new job lol.

It's so sick

Yeah, if I was comfortable with posting pics I would probably be bombarding this thread daily

• Locked thread