Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

aphid_licker posted:

Imagine getting massacred by someone wearing that fuckin God guns and Trump Shirt. loving surreal.

My decision about whether to get a gun tips a little closer to the "yes" side.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

If you're a leftist and aren't armed, even I will regard you as a damned fool. gently caress, if you're even a liberal at this point, I'd think you the exact same. The far right is unhinged and violent and frankly they implicitly condone the actions of these "mentally ill lone wolves".

I've got a sap that I started carrying when I transitioned.

I don't carry a firearm because I've got mental health and self harm issues. I'm much more likely to hurt myself with a gun than without.

That doesn't mean it doesn't get closer and closer when I do my risk assessment on owning a firearm.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

That's a good reason, yah.

Lol, I've thought about this a lot, friend! :)

I've got my personal beef against responsible firearm ownership.

I'm an Iraq vet and an officer in a gun / self defense group, and know how to use, own, and maintain guns, and train folks on how to.

I just don't own any myself.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

Now now, don't jump to conclusions, maybe they were into some extreme consensual kinky poo poo that went horribly wrong. /s

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

psydude posted:

I remember reading a while back that combat operations are supposed to be two randomly chosen words. Maybe they should start doing that for peacetime operations as well.

Man, Operation Iraqi Freedom sure was lucky they drew those two words for it!

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

Fallom posted:

How is it that Georgia is ground zero for one of the most blatantly, openly corrupt GOP campaigns? The stories coming out of that state are absolutely insane.

Because the Republican candidate is also in charge of the election?

It's like putting a KKK wizard in charge of a civil rights committee.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

I already know I made a mistake by not taking tomorrow off. Gonna be a zombie at work.

I originally had tomorrow off but had a job opportunity come up, and I'm greedy for money so I said yes.

I'll end up regretting it, I'm sure. I don't think I can get to sleep tonight regardless of outcome.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Both me and the wife threw down for the blue wave.

I voted against the Marcy's law, after reading about it a bit, its basically stuff that is already law. But despite not being a drinker, totally voted for the Alcohol legislation, since limited alcohol purchased on Sunday due to church is stupid theology, and I'm having none of that.

I also voted against Marcys law, the idea seems ok, but I'm not gonna give a state run by republicans any more reasons to lock up POC

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Dude shut up and color you’re out of your element on this one.

I was stating a loving fact, Kemp stole the election, Republicans are going to take it as a green light to do it elsewhere. Acting like it’s because someone once said a mean thing about it a gun is so blindered and tone deaf that the only appropriate response is bemused mockery.

Your obsession with “owning” me via posting is getting weird at this point.

Anyone living in Georgia that didn't vote for Abrams because of her gun control stance wasn't going to vote for her anyway.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

Defenestrategy posted:

Good, gently caress Karen Handel.

A non white woman, no less! I'm rather shocked, considering the demographic makeup of that district.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

Defenestrategy posted:

Its mostly dekalb that cinched it which contains a heavy hispanic and se asian population.

Edit: also the lack of "she doesnt even live here" stigma that ossof had. I feel like that slightly mattered to people, I dont know why it did considering everyone loving commutes to work here i dont see why our reps wouldnt either.

Truth! I used to live in the part of Cobb county in her district.

I'm legitimately shocked anyone from that area would vote for anyone whose not lily white

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

Immanentized posted:

Holy poo poo, th3j3st3r is still around

https://mobile.twitter.com/mollycrabapple/status/1060277899763351560

Kemp doxxing absentee voters

Lol, not the first time the govt has misplaced my personal info

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

Serious post, tho, I absentee voted in georgia, does any know where this spreadsheet is so I can check to see if I'm on it? I'm stuck phone posting

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

Count me in on the "quit Facebook" crowd.

I left about 3-4 weeks ago and it's had a huge improvement on my mental health.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

Graphics on the new fallout are looking super realistic!

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Leaving Alabama and heading into Georgia via 85 from 65 (end destination northeast Atlanta suburbs) it's a marked difference and for the worst. That said I don't know if that's because of poor enforcement or just because the Greater Metro area is loving enormous and starts in Coweta county IIRC. You're barely in the state for half an hour at interstate speeds before people start driving like it's a mad max prequel.

I drive on I20 and the I75/85 merge every day, it's not a large exaggeration to call it the fury road.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

Fallom posted:

Aren't gun weirds supposed to be super into the concept that there's no such thing as a firearms "accident"?

Negligent discharges.

If you fire your gun when you don't mean to its because you hosed up.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

It was a black dude in Alabama, did you really expect anything different?

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

[quote="Vasudus" there's a strong possibility that people who are continually exposed to subconcussive blasts (like say, any gunfire at all but especially 7.62+) might run the risk of developing CTE.
[/quote]

Wait, what, really? I was a 240 gunner. :ohdear:

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

I mean, I think my memory problems are *probably* from cannabis use?

Like Vasudus tho, I figure I'll die from burn pit exposure. I was at one of the sights and had to literally crawl thru burn pits to conduct security checks.

Like, I started getting a sour stomach/nausea about 3 to 4 months after I got back home in 06, and it's slowly and steadily gotten worse over the years

Dwanyelle fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 28, 2018

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

I don't know a lot about sportsball, but would less physically intense versions of football work (I'm thinking touch or flag football here)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

ask yourself if a room full of nominally-grown-rear end men would go OOOOOOOOOOHHH for either of those.

I'm about the farthest thing from a cishet dude, I don't understand them and honestly try not to, it's stressful.

I'm more interested in the physical effects of switching to a less aggressive form of football.