Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

How is it that Georgia is ground zero for one of the most blatantly, openly corrupt GOP campaigns? The stories coming out of that state are absolutely insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

have u ever been? Cuz... that seems like something you wouldn't ask if you'd spent 5 minutes there.

I've only been in the Atlanta airport and that seemed alright

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Godholio posted:

They vote.

Something something don't make peace with allies something something.

THEY loving VOTE.

pretend i found that tweet about democrats looking in a mirror and deciding they need to be more racist

M_Gargantua posted:

Calc 3/Multi Variable. Its weird because i've already taken diffeq and linear and plenty of RF engineering classes where it was all applied multivariable.

But despite all the khan academy and 3blue1brown videos I barely get by. But a whole lot of other students are barely getting by so maybe I'm not doing so bad?

Now for another beer.

i know i passed PDE but it feels like something that happened to another person entirely. all my classes had pretty low averages that got a decent curve at the end.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Nov 7, 2018

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

loving FLORIDA I SWEAR TO CHRIST

https://twitter.com/DanNBC6/status/1060005243415609344

Edit: This is the main Democratic stronghold that will likely kick the Florida races to within-recount(ish) margins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28WUfz__07Q

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dems did well in Colorado. I'm greatly relieved given how vicious and disgusting the GOP positions and advertising were.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

is pelosi a loving plant

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yo what's the latest on that cop that iced a dude for the crime of answering the door to his apartment

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Vasudus posted:

People are really opposed to paying for something that benefits others. It's like a universal thing.

Human nature arguments never make sense to me because 1) I had a professor who always gave me a ton of poo poo when I tried using them and 2) I’m a human, I’m totally cool with it, and I assume I’m not some outlier freak of nature

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

wow, hosed up that scientists never consulted remington for their opinion

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

gun weirds should be encouraged to leave loaded firearms around their kids but only if they're homeschooled

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I would like to quit Facebook but Messenger is too handy for communicating with people and I don't ever look at the main site anyway. My compromise was erasing as much personal information as possible and tightening the privacy on the rest.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yes but military chuds have no problem believing that Trump is giving them their first raise in a century and Republicans aren’t actively trying to take away BAH and the GI Bill.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

Oh come on, there's water -right there-

CONGRESS CREATED DUST BOWL

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Is "we can't do anything" ever not a straight-up lie anymore

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Deathy McDeath posted:

As much as I hate to give Donnie Peepants the benefit of the doubt, I’d wager that the stuff going down in Gaza is probably sending the Pentagon into crisis mode
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-46174912

How much of a crisis will depend on just how many tweets he sends out today.

How is this any more of a crisis than all the other times Israelis blast Palestinians

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

rip stan i'm sorry my reaction to all your comic book movie cameos was shock that you were still around

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Trump has been cancelling events for days. What’s going on with him?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The interim AG has also been completely silent despite everyone theorizing that he was going to immediately end the investigation.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

1/50

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Right, they would've shut down traffic for Trump and not...all the other world leaders who actually attended.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Lol what the gently caress

I actually am surprised at this one

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Can Virginia's speeding laws and limits be considered "unduly harming innovation"?

Listen I've spent half my time in Virginia and half my time in New Mexico and Colorado and I'll tell you the draconian traffic laws in VA are loving worth it because in states where the cops don't bother enforcing any the drivers go balls-to-the-wall bonkers

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

How is that Wohl fucker not in prison? Who on earth is backing him?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That’s like at least half a step beyond the usual tech bro free speech crap

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It was really annoying when I had an MGen take away my mission resources to use for some pet project just because somebody bitched about it at an all call and she got a thrill out of “cutting through bureaucracy” without paying attention to the context

I still see it as a valid way to get poo poo done though

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Just imagine an overlay of the victim blaming tweets on the video showing the charred skeletons of people in their cars

True leadership

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Nov 16, 2018

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Godholio posted:

We lost a P-51D yesterday in Texas, along with its pilot and passenger, a WWII B-17 pilot. Unlike most warbirds, which will give you a ride for a few hundred bucks, WWII vets and Purple Heart recipients got to ride on "Pecos Bill" for free. :(

That sucks but I bet the B-17 pilot was secretly thrilled

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Isn't Mars' gravity too weak to have an atmosphere that can sustain people/things bigger than bacteria

It took like hundreds of millions of years for the atmosphere to dissipate. It didn’t get snuffed out like a candle.

Its atmosphere is still thick enough to support weather and flight (theoretically) which is pretty cool imo

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Nov 20, 2018

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

mods changed my name posted:

where are the people itt that were humble bragging about all of their Bitcoin money they were making??? probably living life in the lap of luxury right now and can't be seen with us plebes

my favorite is the dude who was super hesitant to clarify that when he said he'd made $150k he meant that it was all still tied up as Bitcoin and he hadn't actually made any USD at all

hope he found some sucker to buy it off of him before this week

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

digital haruspicy is a huge growth market

my patented algorithm builds an extremely high-fidelity simulation of goat entrails

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

In retrospect all the business with the belters and globalization metaphors is super trumpy

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Oh those are good (and depressing) books.

I didn’t think they were depressing in the end. They end on a pretty high note even though the road there was rough.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Nov 20, 2018

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Ehh I don’t know if I would call 99% of the human race getting killed off because the solar system got 2-dimensioned and the survivors hiding in shadows and then the book ending with folks begging for other folks to come out of their pocket dimensions so the universe can end via Big Crunch and maybe next time things won’t be so lovely next time a high note.

Not to mention the whole dark forest solution to the Fermi Paradox is inherently pessimistic.

I get what you’re saying and they’re excellent books, I just walked away after reading them with a profound sense of sadness.

Part of the ending has the survivors in the pocket dimension discovering that the offshoots of human and trisolaran civilization that fled their respective systems had survived and thrived enough to make the list of ~1.5M notable civilizations out of the entire universe. While it's uncertain whether all the different races in the pocket dimensions will give up their mass to avoid the Big Rip, the characters remain hopeful that only some would hold out. An earlier part of the book describes how the galaxy actually has thriving communities, trade, ideologies, etc. and isn't just roving predators and cowering prey.

The last book really does a lot to bring the story back from a depression fest, imo. "In the eternal night of the Orion Arm of the Milky Way Galaxy, two civilizations had swept through like two shooting stars, and the universe had remembered their light."

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Nov 21, 2018

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

A rogue staffer has attempted to impersonate someone in the military chain of command:

quote:

The White House late Tuesday signed a memo allowing troops stationed at the border to engage in some law enforcement roles and use lethal force, if necessary — a move that legal experts have cautioned may run afoul of the Posse Comitatus Act.

The new “Cabinet order” was signed by White House Chief of Staff John Kelly, not President Donald Trump. It allows “Department of Defense military personnel” to “perform those military protective activities that the Secretary of Defense determines are reasonably necessary” to protect border agents, including “a show or use of force (including lethal force, where necessary), crowd control, temporary detention. and cursory search.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2018/11/21/white-house-approves-use-of-force-some-law-enforcement-roles-for-border-troops/

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

I'm really confused by this story. It reads like it's from some other country because a black FedEx driver punched a racist, killing him, and didn't get charged for it. This country sounds pretty loving cool.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...m=.86fc05c90e7d

There's a hero possibly delivering packages in Portland.

Nice to have some feel-good stories leading into the holiday.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Just a total normal one in America where I kill my 9 year old daughter with a .50 cal and then set up a GoFundMe to cover the funeral expenses

https://twitter.com/Well_Regulated_/status/1065286706914619392?s=19

Aren't gun weirds supposed to be super into the concept that there's no such thing as a firearms "accident"?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Waroduce posted:

I was born in 89 and every now and than I sit around and think (sometimes weed is involved) that I am the last generation that didn't have the internet. Like sure it existed but it didn't permeate culture and social fabric like it does now. Its loving nuts when you think about it and like I k ow every generation does this but holy poo poo little kids are addicted to their screens

it owns that we remember 14.4kbps yet are still hella young and pretty

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Don't forget gay conversion camps

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The right-wing federal government has so far been unable to countermand states rights on things like suffrage, municipal internet, emissions controls, etc. but they seem really loving close to succeeding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

they're gonna do that thing where they pick the wrong murder charge and refuse any more charges in order to let the cop get off