Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

DoktorLoken posted:

I had no idea the SRA was a real thing. I need one of their stickers to put on my AR-15.

:getin:

I abhor violence but the far right is terrifying, and at this point there's certainly a non-zero chance of them committing mass acts of violence and murder on an even wider scale than the "deranged lone nuts" that they constantly hand-wave away already.

designated marxmen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

psydude posted:

He looks like every creepy right wing dude who lived in your hall freshman year.

He's got that goober face that makes you assume every pair of pants he owns including suit pants has a dip ring on at least one pocket

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Isn't that proud buys guy who looks like a loving joke living in manhattan

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Gavin McInness, the one who looks like he can't decide whether to dress up as Daniel Plainview or Kratos and is settling for a dumpy "little from column A and a little from column B" in-between option

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

mlmp08 posted:

Too busy spreading his rear end in a top hat on webcam to decide.

how does he get the glasses to stay put back there

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nigerians clown old Americans on the internet by playing toward their closely held desires, more at 11

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

DoktorLoken posted:

It rubs the ballot on its skin.

Or else it gets the trump again

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Internet Wizard posted:

Countdown until Democrats switch from talking about how the Senate is anti-democratic and should be abolished to praising the Senate as the bastion of American ideals as soon as it goes blue.

Lol so basically 2006-2010

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The voting precinct i've been attending since 2012 and have never had to wait at had a 15 minute line in 38 degree weather and they'd already run out of stickers and the line was growing behind us, at 6PM.

Holy poo poo.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

my kinda ape posted:

Too bad, half the breweries in Lincoln are giving a free beer to anyone with a sticker. Probably the same in Omaha/elsewhere.

Got me a bottle of rye and a basement fridge full of beer just in case.

Also making chili

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Holy poo poo Michigan just stomping the gas pedal on weed, 21+ recreational purchase/possess/grow, with 10 oz being the limit on personal household possession.

Ten goddamn ounces.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

psydude posted:

Not to mention the GOP congressional agenda is dead. No more budget reconciliation to pass through bullshit like tax cuts or slashing the ACA.

The downside is that they can still appoint all of the conservative justices they want until at least 2020 (when they're facing a much more competitive Senate landscape).

It can't be overstated how good that part is. No more alley-ooping lovely legislation onto the president's desk for signing within the week is a big change all it's own.

Schiff (Intelligence), Cummings (Oversight), and Waters (Financial Services) becoming chairs of their committees is going to make some serious poo poo happen. Unless Pelosi tries to take a big ol' poo poo all over a partially hostile caucus by shuffling those committee rosters anything she says about not investigating the trump admin/campaign/business is about as bankable as a three dollar bill.

Waters being in charge of financial services is something I am especially looking forward to.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Blind Rasputin posted:

The changes in the senate seem confusing. Did dems overall lose seats? Or did some lose and some gain, keeping the number the same? If it’s the former that kind of stinks because I guess the senate can pass whatever they want then.

I think it's a net of at least 4 for the GOP.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

D&D and C-SPAM are still looking for any reason they can to convince themselves All Is Lost.

They're looking for any reason to validate apathy. Oh, they're gonna rig it by suppressing the vote even harder next time, oh they'll double down on racism and turn out the chuds even more, etc. The endpoint is "don't vote, nothing matters."

Neither of those things are new and North Carolina is an example of how the only way to break those shackles is to keep hammering away election after election with maximum effort every time, while Florida's restoration of voting rights to former felons is an opportunistic win. That poo poo matters a whole hell of a lot to people who constantly get roadblocks thrown up in front of them, but C-Spam's faux-nihilist regulars by and large are insulated entirely by race, wealth, and/or geography from the everyday abuses of the everyday conservative in power. They're just yelling into the void because it's the only way to feel engaged with the broader struggles taking place where they'd never even think to look, let alone visit, much less live.

If the DOJ started raiding their dispensaries poo poo would get real matterful real fast, but otherwise stuff like Kemp handicapping his own election is just a spectator sport for them.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Well they are going to do more suppression and racism but that just means vote harder imo

That's kind of all they have, to be honest. It kind of sucks because despite all that, it's still just going to be a television show for a lot of people who will insist nothing matters until they get hurt, never mind that they're so insulated that they'll only get hit after it's way too late. If you aren't being touched by anything until everything is already lost, of course you'd want to believe nothing matters so you don't have to do anything to help others.

There were senate elections in three of the most populous states in the country and one of them was California where it was between two Democrats so of course you're gonna have the numbers thrown off by quite a bit.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Nov 7, 2018

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Y'all missed a spicy one:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1060155917059219461

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

mlmp08 posted:

So, aside from Manchin in WV, what moderate "please court the right" style candidates even won last night? Seems like most of the ones playing the angle of trying to be appealing to conservatives lost.

Conor Lamb is sort of that description (but with big differences like labor), I bet there's a good number of house dems that played to their district and won by not rocking the boat.

The big wins/flips were absolutely not by blue dogs though, so it's more a "why did they win" thing. The losses (ex. Manchin) in the Senate included mccaskill, heitkamp, and donnelly, though Tester and Sinema might be called as losses later today. Sort of a mixed bag but when you consider outright suppression it gets real clear that the blue dogs got their asses kicked while the candidates running toward the left flipped seats.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Get that Wednesday Afternoon Massacre

Wednesday Afternoon Wipeout? Washout? Whitewash?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

'cause you're fake news I accept your resignation

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lmao they're sending injured workers to the hospital via fambulance for all the same reasons

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

fyi white sauce got permabanned a few days back

maybe he snapped

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

M_Gargantua posted:

Um you can't fight a war against salt and sugar. Beef though, war on beef seems like a good side hustle for the MIC.

That sounds like a conservative double speak for 'non-gentrified single family houses'

Whats the story/relation?

lovely cspam poster who was aggressively "nothing matters" about everything, got banned for being too lovely even for d&d/cspam.

given the guy was quite loudly an ex-marine and posted at least once every 5 minutes from like 6a to 10p it was supposed to be a funny "local goonlord gets banned, goes psychotic"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Eh idk how much money is left in her campaign fund but if AOC's got some left she could easily get away with just pocketing it or marking a DC apartment down as a campaign-related/political expense.

Maybe one of her fellow caucusmembers could lend her a cool $10k for 3 months' rent. Congresspeople aren't as rich as senators by and large but lol if you think most of them aren't still rich as hell

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Nov 8, 2018

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

EBB posted:

reason #1million to get rid of capitalism: monetized pupper jails

why do good dogs have to pay the price for the incontinent shitzus of the world

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Vasudus posted:

The last dog I owned would have an absolute meltdown if there were people around her that she couldn't get to. Probably kool-aid man right through that techbro garbage, or at least probably tip it over.

A friend's dog chewed through his kennel door at the vet once.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hot Karl Marx posted:

They are only getting paid something around $2 a day to do that as well

And the training/experience fighting fires goes to waste when they get out because they won't hire ex-cons.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

facialimpediment posted:

Fox News is currently protesting that Twitter isn't taking action about the people that doxxed Tucker Carlson. That's literally it, no other funny business.

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1061773342112247808?s=19

The Senate is now 52-47, plus/minus one seat depending on the Florida recount!

lmao they netted two seats urrrrr red wave urrrr

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

facialimpediment posted:

PLEASEBETRUE
PLEASEBETRUE
PLEASEBETRUE
PLEASEBETRUE
PLEASEBETRUE
PLEASEBETRUE
PLEASEBETRUE
PLEASEBETRUE

https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/1062099141944360960

When you just tell the truth you can be very good at not getting caught in a perjury trap. They don't catch you in lovely little mis-remembered things when they pop you for lying, they let you lie at length, they walk you back through your story, they basically give you every reasonable opportunity to say "wait I think I need to change something back there." They do that because they need to build a case that you didn't just tell them something that wasn't true, but show that you knew it wasn't true at the time you said it.

Corsi's a loving idiot criminal and I hope he lasts a long time in prison before dying.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1062311785787744256

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I am starting to believe corsi isn't going to be indicted because the stupid idiot won't shut up about it

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

not caring here posted:

Could be barely disguised begging for a pardon

lol he ain't getting a pardon he hasn't done anything tangible for trump himself

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BigDave posted:

Gas prices are gonna start going back down, oil market is slowing down due to oversupply.

Economists are claiming this is a sign of a softening global economy, but I'm not seeing it.

OPEC is getting hosed, which is always nice to see.

"West Texas Intermediate for December delivery settled 7.1% lower at $55.69 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange, its sharpest one-day fall since September 2015. Brent crude, the global benchmark, was down 6.6% at $65.47, entering a bear market—defined as a 20% drop from a recent peak. "

"OPEC also lowered its forecasts Tuesday on demand growth for this year and next, citing lower-than-expected demand growth in Asia and the Middle East, along with the uncertain outlook for global economic development."

I wonder who Russia's next target is going to be, if oil prices get back down to sub-$50 per barrel. Finland, maybe? Didn't they (in the past 6 months or so) roll up a bunch of extremely shady businesses that had been building military bunkers in areas that would have strategic importance for an invasion along the coast?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

That's the one, I must have missed the part about it being an island where they had the bunkers and assumed it was all the properties they raided.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Vasudus posted:

The best theory I've heard is it's a :decorum: thing on behalf of Mueller. Since it didn't really do any damage because the news cycles hardly picked it up and quickly forgot about it, he didn't push things. Maybe. Nobody knows.

edit: Bastaman will absolutely positively go after Wohl for filing a false police report though, and probably sue him for defamation

It's probably a priorities thing

Wohl's petty defamation poo poo just ain't getting the same billing as a major political party being converted robotnik-style into a foreign intelligence asset and money laundering machine.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Vasudus posted:

I mean that's fair, but it's not like the special counsel's office itself is the one doing the investigation for Wohl. They're going to hand it off to some goober junior FBI agent from the home office, assuming they even bothered.

True, they probably didn't bother.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

There's been a DC circuit appeals case running since October, concerning a grand jury subpoena issued within a sealed criminal case that's been going since August. The appellant in that appeals case submitted their brief yesterday.

There was a prior appeals case that was running from September to early November, related to a GJS from the same criminal case, but had gotten dismissed by the appellee, after which the appellant moved for a rehearing en banc. That motion was denied by an en banc order in which Trump's appointee Katsas recused.

The news site speculation is that it's trump trying to duck answering a subpoena and the court is not letting him do that.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BigDave posted:

Do we actually know who the defendant is? I'd hate to get my hopes up then turn out it's against the mayor of DC or something.

The underlying criminal case is sealed v sealed, so it's 100% speculation on docket entries right now. If it was the mayor of DC it's unlikely Katsas would have recused from the rehearing decision. Katsas was in the DOJ during the Bush admin, then took a job at a private firm, then served as deputy white house counsel for nearly all of 2017 before being appointed to the court.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Nov 15, 2018

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

now boarding

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

LingcodKilla posted:

Whatever happened to the old body in a carpet or industrial drum for kitchen grease?

Seriously amateur hour.

they're saudis, they're barely used to doing this poo poo without a crowd let alone indoors or in any way covertly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Is admitting your goober rear end has a problem