Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

If you're looking for silver linings and bright sides:

The obese nature of the rural hoi polloi has thus far endowed them some resistance to the minuscule quantities of (+/- car)fentanyl that typically kill individuals of traditional girth but high fructose corn syrup and ranch induced diabetes and the associated amputations will soon reduce the typical flyover lumpenprole to a weight that's more susceptible to Chinese synthetic opiate grains. The combined effects of simultaneous social detergent exposure in vulnerable populations might make progressive candidates competitive in low population nightmare hellscapes in a couple years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bij
Feb 24, 2007

A 2020 ticket with Tammy Duckworth on it would be pretty cool.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

bij
Feb 24, 2007

There's gonna be a buncha wailing and gnashing of teeth about tacky ten commandment slabs and bigot bakers because few things get the old white contingent off like religious bullshit

bij
Feb 24, 2007

The Vietcong used to smear their punji stake traps with feces and let's just say Toad ran off the track on Chocolate Island more than a few times in the 70s.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

PATRIOTS DON'T FORGET the REAL 9/11

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Leader (possibly) of the micturating forces.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I don't think anyone posted the picture of Newt Gingrich with a binturong. I'm not going to post it either because Newt Gingrich can go gently caress himself but I am going to show you pictures of binturongs.

Science fact: they smell like buttered popcorn!

bij
Feb 24, 2007

It's not terrible musically but most of the value in crazy left-wing heroin grampa Al Jourgensen's output is in the sentiment, especially his two or three "gently caress you George Bush" albums.

A lot of the old (un?)ironic nazi stuff from industrial/experimental acts doesn't really mesh with the current proud boy alt right bullshit, like Boyd Rice's ambient stuff is good and there's Death In June etc.

New stuff like 3teeth and Youth Code is explicitly left wing.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Besesoth posted:

"Caligula" means "small boots", so at least he and DJT have small appendages in common.

Manicula, toadstool-cocked and crowned with piss-drenched flax

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Unoriginal Name posted:

I always thought SciFi authors were reactionary, fantasy authors are more likely weird sex pests

I kind of liked the Legend of The Seeker TV show but oh man, the books :yikes:

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Tucker would have to dedicate 100% of his concentration to not drooling on himself while staring like a deer in headlights at literally any opponent while they savage him over his stupid loving bow tie because he's a doofus loving chode.

Edit: in retrospect no one should be rapidly oxidized in a tire filled with gasoline.

bij fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jan 6, 2019

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I didn't see a single Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich in the spread or see it mentioned and that is a travesty among travesties. Far be it from me to judge how and when anyone burgs but you gotta get that spicy chicken in the mix.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

He only ordered off the value menus

Awful.

mdemone posted:

Best sandwich at the major fast food chains, IMO.

:respek:

Crow Jane posted:

Also a train up to Baltimore is cheap, and we have museums and things too

How is the aquarium these days? I have fond memories of visiting when I was a kid, the rooftop rainforest bit was amazing. It was nearly 20 years ago at this point but they had a dope rear end jellyfish exhibit running for a while too.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Someone should tell Trump about Hoxha's bunkers.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Moskau posted:

The PotusPhone you mean

For a second I thought maybe it was revealed that Trump was super into Warlock and I was confused.

Warlock is too good for Trump.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

UBI would be a lot easier to implement and a bunch of the soul crushing jobs would be significantly less soul crushing when the dissenting elements are resting comfortably beneath a new park and a couple tons of lime.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Crow Jane posted:

I thought fetuses were the valuable thing, and once they become babies the GOP stops giving a gently caress

When the sacred ideal is made manifest it is profaned by existence.

Same deal as ARE TROOPS.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

In addition to photovoltaic panels NYC should build some parabolic mirrors on rooftops and eminent domain the top of Trump Tower as the molten salt repository for some solar thermal action. They wouldn't even have to buy any salt.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

The dumbest thing about CHUD Protestant opposition to abortion is that it's a relatively recent development that came about because Jerry loving Falwell and his coalition of sapient garbage needed something that Catholics and the snake-handling scammers casting demons out in tents could see eye to eye on beyond a proclivity for child abuse. It turns out paying a bunch of televangelists and megachurch charlatans to scream about a topic that was largely a nonissue worked. This was all necessary because Tubby White Flopsweat God was allegedly super mad about black children going to school, especially college!

On a completely different note I gotta agree, the poor FBI functionary that has to review Mrs. Stone's freckled cigarette leather bolt-ons bouncing on top of a bull in a Nixon mask is gonna need to be put on suicide watch.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

It'd likely kick off a nuclear war so it's kind of a moot point but a hypersonic missile toting a conventional warhead is also a good way to sink a carrier and wouldn't set off all the bells, whistles, and nuclear retaliation plans that generally accompany a ballistic antiship missile launch. At the very least the threat of a hypersonic missile sinking a carrier might make US planners think twice about where to station the carrier group we're using to strong arm Val Verde or whoever else's affairs we're meddling in 10 years from now.

bij fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Feb 1, 2019

bij
Feb 24, 2007

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I noticed like six months ago that I had a shitload of grey hairs, that shitload has multiplied into a fuckload and while initially disturbing I'm down with it. Being old owns but outside of going grey I look like I am 14 so I can't pull off the old longhair silver fox in khaki shorts and Birkenstocks look.

Real fuckin talk.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

New nuclear plants should be built and administrated by the Navy. You get the ARE TROOPS factor, a good safety record, freedom from profit motive, and something worthwhile to do with a chunk of the stupid rear end military budget that isn't a criminally useless LCS-level boondoggle that rusts in port.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

There's hurdles to be cleared but the nuclear industry already gobbles up all the navy nuke personnel they can. A navy program would have to incentivize folks to stay on past their requisite term of service and drive up recruitment for a civil nuclear plan but they've got a bunch of the pieces in place to do that already. In an ideal world there'd be an entirely civilian make-work program for everyone from the chief engineer to the custodial staff but that strikes me as more of a pipe-dream and meat for wolves to privatize than a navy-run system.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Cunter S. Slobson

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Prison probably isn't the solution for penalizing the anti-vax crowd but there's thousands of years worth of history to look to for something more appropriate. If you're going to willingly facilitate the spread of old diseases no one should have to worry about maybe old punishments that no one should have to worry about are the answer .

Bring back the stocks and flogging.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Weaponized drones introduce loiter time and more separation between the user and the target than missiles. On top of that you spare the expense of sensors beyond a cheap little camera. a rocket engine, and a dedicated launcher.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

At this point one of the new reps should throw a spraypaint can into this trash fire and call out the goofy conservative contingent that wants the third temple built so Jesus will come back.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Given the screeching about anti-Semitism they're barfing up you'd think AIPAC would be a tad more self-aware and maybe not put a pentagram in their conference logo.

If you look at the website for the event you can see that someone took the time to animate their pentagram entwined with the Star of David.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Prison violence is terrible when it happens to actual people. In Manafort's case I hope someone shanks that loving oval office.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I appreciate that the sexpest prime facilitator is hoverhanding Palin.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

What cool stuff are fellow platinum users doing to get little icons other than the grenade?

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I have some old uranium glassware and I'd love a full set. I just think it's cool.

Do you have some way to display it under a blacklight for extra cooless?

Edit for the taxman:

bij fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Mar 14, 2019

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Besesoth posted:

This is the generally-accepted understanding these days, yeah: roughly 5,000 permanent salaried workers, and 10k-35k seasonal workers drawn from agriculture who were either paid by taxes or paying off a tax burden. "They must have had a lot of slaves building these" is based on Greek assumptions from two thousand years later.

All fed with onions, fermented cabbage, and beer.

The worker's barracks must have been hell.

Apparently the Romans opted to use convicts in their cinnabar mines since it was seen as a death sentence (mercury poisoning suuuuucks) and slaves didn't warrant such harsh treatment.

bij fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Mar 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I hope the stupid fucker gets his name dragged deep enough to scrape Cocytus so it can join his soul.

His doofus daughter can join him.