Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Thread music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS-af9Q-zvQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Solkanar512 posted:

If you think last night wasn’t a win for the Democrats, you have unreasonable expectations. Nothing was going to be fixed over night and you never stop working. Take a break but it’s going to take a long time to make change last.

That being said, why aren’t we talking about increasing the size of the House to mitigate gerrymandering and the obvious issues with the Electoral College?
Also my state of Maine got unfucked finally so I can toast to that.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The Blue Dogs are dead, we should instead instate a Cat rule. :colbert:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjJEXkbeL-o

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

How would a Bernie/Beto 2020 ticket sound? Could it work? (Especially if Bernie dies in office and Beto takes over?)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

skylined! posted:

Welp glad we got to enjoy the house victories for.. :checks watch: ... .... about 16 hours before chaos reigned again :shepface:
How is this chaos? Is this not a good thing?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dick Trauma posted:

Holy shitfuck. :stonklol:
Sessions resigning or Mueller about to get fired?
What is even going on.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Fulchrum posted:

Edit: Tax

WE DON'T HAVE A TAX

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

And I was in such a decent mood after election night

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is this really good or really bad for Trump? I remember being told last year that Trump firing Mueller would absolutely backfire.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Lightning Knight posted:

edit: I'm a tax evader

Hooray for Cat Tax. Better than the Blue Dog Tax.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

You're loving next Collins. Maine's coming for you.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

One day in and already a 2/5 rating. What be this poo poo Content?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

And why am I hearing that Pelosi is already cowarding out of seeking impeachment? Is she obtuse?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hellblazer187 posted:

Is there a political way out for our country? I keep thinking it's going to come down to violence. I don't want that, I'm not advocating that. But when one side just decides that truth doesn't matter, only power does, it sets us down a path I'm not sure how we escape. I don't know that our divisions can be healed. It's worrying and I don't know where to talk about it or if I'm even supposed to talk about it.
Wouldn't violence escalate into guerilla-style civil war with nukes potentially involved?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Called it. It's usually more likely an incel/chud than anything these days.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I don't know how we pack the court without the Senate. And I don't know how we retake the Senate any time soon.
Give it two years; we can take it back then.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Have all of you spring chickens calmed the gently caress down over Ginsberg going 'whoops I had a non-fatal fall better get treatment' yet?

I think I'm going to get my analysis from Pod Save America for the remainder of the year.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

If Ohio's healthcare caves in under the recession and a good number of it's elderly die out by 2025, would that technically make Ohio a blue state again?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Stereotype posted:

civil war here we come choo choo
Naaaah.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I see the vitriol of making GBS threads on a still-warm (half-decent) presidential corpse is not beneath you goons.

I briefly saw him at a Baseball Game in Portland ten years ago. He wasn't eating a puppy then.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Bottom Liner posted:

:goonsay:

gently caress every lovely son of his

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

nine-gear crow posted:

People in this thread were concern trolling the Obama presidency into the realm of puppy-eating monstrous less than 24 hours ago. You really look to USPOL to have... perspective?
Have been for the last 4 years alongside reddit. Clearly a mistake then?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

corn in the bible posted:

war on drugs war on drugs
Wasn't born yet and Nancy Reagan convinced 5 year old me to never do 'em. Worked. :shrug:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

mcmagic posted:

How is that ghoul not dead yet?
He's only 77

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Argh gently caress Mattis is stepping down? What nutjob is Trump going to replace him with? He was the only competent one there.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So I found a shortlist of potential SoD replacements:

quote:

* Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR)
* David McCormick, combat vet, Bush II Treasury undersecretary, CEO of Bridgewater Associates
* Gen. Jack Keane
* Former Senator Jim Talent (R-MO)
* Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
* Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats

From Best to Worst which pick would do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Thought Exercise: A human rights group goes to one of Rio's Favelas and spends a few years improving its infrastructure and rehabilitating people. Out of 1000 people, only 50 manage to elevate themselves and move out of the favelas. The rest return to a life of narcotics. Would the project be considered a success (50 peoples' lives improved) or a failure? (950 did not)